My husband and I stayed for 1 week at VoliVoli 2 weeks before christmas after purchasing a very well priced accommodation and dive package. The package included airport transfers, all meals, 5 days diving, and 7 nights accommodation in one of the new hotel Vale units. The resort is small and located approx 2 1/2 hours drive from Nadi airport and about 20 mins drive from the nearest town. Suggest stocking up on snacks and drinks on the way there as there are no shops nearby to get these sort of things. The resort is quite new and gradually being added to each year. The new hotel Vale units consist of a block of 10 units built into the side of the hill. The unit was excellent, being quite large with plenty of space to put luggage and move around, containing 2 comfortable double beds, a large ensuite with twin basins, a nice balcony with table and chairs to enjoy the views over the ocean. The room was also very quiet. There are 3 levels of accommodation ranging from the fully self contained villa units with a full size kitchen and a washing machine, to the hotel Vale units and then the dormitories. The resort is on a hill set in beautiful gardens, with all the acommodation uphill from the reception and dining area. Food and drinks are very well priced compared to many upmarket Fijian hotels. The menu is basic pub bistro style meals and snacks catering for predominantly Australian /NZ tastes. A few more local dishes on the menu would have been appreciated so that you at least felt you were in a different country. The pool is a good size for swimming but there is little shade and can get quite hot. There is however a nice quiet and shady beach area at the watersports centre to get away from the sun. The resort was very quiet, though this may be partly due to us being there in a quiet week before the school holidays kicked in. There is no TV in the rooms and no entertainment. There is a TV in the main casual dining area. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The NZ owners/managers are frequently on site, mixing with guests and always ready for a chat. WiFi is available at FJ$6 per hour through Global Gossip. If you have your own laptop etc then you have to use the time allocation in one hit which is a bit of a pain. If you use the resort's computers then then you can use internet time over various intervals. We dived with Ra Divers who are located on site. Diving was excellent - some of the best we had done in a long while. Dive staff, boat and facilities were pretty good. Some days there was only 2 - 3 of us diving but we went to some great dive sites further out (they would normally only go to the more distant sites with a larger number of divers). This extra bit of service is much appreciated. If you are looking for somewhere out of the way and fairly quiet without all the big resort razzamatazz (especially if you are a diver) then this would be worth a look. We would definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volivoli Beach Resort is a dedicated SSI and PADI dive Resort on Viti Levu, Fiji. It is owned and operated by the Darling family, 16 year veterans of the area. Dive Facilities are world class and on site. All accommodations have ocean views.Nearby Bligh Waters are renowned for an amazing display of fish, pelagic creatures and soft corals. Guests enjoy snorkelling, Kayaking, Beach volleyball, fishing, village culture and sunset cruises.The darling philosophy is simple “We spend time talking to our guests, whether on a dive trip or over a cold beer”, says Nick, “This helps us fine tune the Volivoli experience” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Volivoli Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volivoli Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Volivoli Beach Fiji/Rakiraki