I feel compelled to add my story here as it seems there are some very dubious claims made on other reviews here.
Our stay with our 1yr old up in the Ocean View Villa was fantastic, perfect for our situation and we plan on saving to go back.
this Villa is so much better than anything on the other side of the island it beggars belief that someone would dare to say different.
the staff are beautify and accommodating and considering we spent more in a 1 night stay in Nadi before catching our plane, than 1 week at Safari Lodge I can't see how any reports of over pricing can be justified.
Still if you are looking for a Luxury 5 star resort then go elsewhere, this is a owner operated relaxing paradise that gets you lots of friends and company.
If like my husband you are into wind sports (windsurfing) then it is heaven (his words relate to it being better than S--).
we loved our trip there and the price was very reasonable for what we got back.
Looks like those bad reviews here are all about sour grapes on refunds which from experience back home in my occupation usually have 2 sides to the story.
We'll go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fiji's Kitesurf, Windsurf, Dive & Fishing Ultimate ResortWelcome to island paradise!Safari Lodge lies on a pristine beach on the remote Nananu-i-ra island in the South Pacific Ocean. These tropical waters provide perfect conditions for our watersports focused resort. We are a quiet friendly boutique resort with a maximum of 40 guests and a variey of accommodation options.Facing the consistent trade winds, Nananu-I-Ra Island is a wind-sports paradise! April to January provide steady 15-30 Knot winds, perfect for Windsurfing and Kitesurfing! All year round we also offer PADI Scuba Diving - Come and Dive the amazing Bligh Waters and Vatu-I-Ra Passage - breathtaking National Geographic quality dive sites! Sailing, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Fishing adventures and Stand Up Paddling (SUP) are also available every day!Our accommodation varies and includes Beachfront Bures, Ocean View Villas, Private Rooms and bunk style dorm rooms for groups only meters from the beach. We offer solar hot water showers, 24hr power & Wi-Fi 3G speed Internet access is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Safari Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari Island Hotel Rakiraki
- Safari Island Lodge Fiji/Rakiraki