Getting there late, 5.00pm at the Nady Airport, made the 3 hour bus trip a little bit to long. It was well off set by the short trip in an over sized tinny skippered by Warren the owner manager of the resort. We had no moon but an exelent clear sky and the view of the stars made us quickly for get the trip before.
A lovely meal awaited us at the island presented by Stephany who is a great hostess.
In to the Beach side Burow followed by a rest full sleep in a comfortable queen size bed. Whilst the accomodation is not 4 or 5 star, it is very comfortable and what a lovely suprise, NO TV.
4 off us, over 60, did not do what people normaly do on this island. We did not use a sail board or kite and neither did we go diving. We just chilled out. The meals ( you don't have any choice) were all good, tasty and plenty off it. Most importent, THE BEER WAS ALLWAYS COLD. There was also a good selection of white and red wine.
All the other guest staying there at the same as us, did all the sport offered and had a blast as the wind was blowing most times.
The rest of the staff, Yasper, Clint and Michelle allways were on hand to make our stay a very enjoyable one.
For any person wishing to do these sporting activities as number 1 during their holiday, Go for for it, as I don't think you could find a more suitable place.
Well done and thanks to Warren and Stephany.
Klaus and Lyn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fiji's Kitesurf, Windsurf, Dive & Fishing Ultimate ResortWelcome to island paradise!Safari Lodge lies on a pristine beach on the remote Nananu-i-ra island in the South Pacific Ocean. These tropical waters provide perfect conditions for our watersports focused resort. We are a quiet friendly boutique resort with a maximum of 40 guests and a variey of accommodation options.Facing the consistent trade winds, Nananu-I-Ra Island is a wind-sports paradise! April to January provide steady 15-30 Knot winds, perfect for Windsurfing and Kitesurfing! All year round we also offer PADI Scuba Diving - Come and Dive the amazing Bligh Waters and Vatu-I-Ra Passage - breathtaking National Geographic quality dive sites! Sailing, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Fishing adventures and Stand Up Paddling (SUP) are also available every day!Our accommodation varies and includes Beachfront Bures, Ocean View Villas, Private Rooms and bunk style dorm rooms for groups only meters from the beach. We offer solar hot water showers, 24hr power & Wi-Fi 3G speed Internet access is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your Safari Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari Island Hotel Rakiraki
- Safari Island Lodge Fiji/Rakiraki