Generally a good facility in a great location for water sports enthusiasts with good top end accommodation but atrocious at the lower end! Warren and Steph were good helpful hosts.
We were attracted initially by a 'Scoopon' deal of 4 days at $A239 for up to 4 people in a Beach Front 'Bure' with ensuite. However for some our group of 19 active seniors it was a terrible disappointment when we discovered the details of the new 'deal'. We were advised that the Scoopon deal had timed out and WE DID overlook noting the changed cost basis - 'per person' [twice the cost]
Our four single women were in 2 bunk beds in an access corridor to the toilets with virtually no ventilation whilst the single male had a bed in the upper landing of the stairs above the main kitchen - no privacy at all!
The worst accommodation was a 'couple room' with only a double bed and about 800 mm space on two sides - no place to hang clothes or place luggage - their ensuite was downstairs which was used by the staff and guests from the central dining room - for $A478 [$A119 /day].
The 'meal deal' at $A55 per person / day was high but the food was good. Coffee, tea, water etc were available at most times.
The good range of water sport equipment was free to us - boats trips to the excellent outer reefs etc were $F45 [~$A30].
It's a 2 1/2 hr drive and short boat ride to the Island.
The accommodation issues aside, we did enjoy our time at Safari.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fiji's Kitesurf, Windsurf, Dive & Fishing Ultimate ResortWelcome to island paradise!Safari Lodge lies on a pristine beach on the remote Nananu-i-ra island in the South Pacific Ocean. These tropical waters provide perfect conditions for our watersports focused resort. We are a quiet friendly boutique resort with a maximum of 40 guests and a variey of accommodation options.Facing the consistent trade winds, Nananu-I-Ra Island is a wind-sports paradise! April to January provide steady 15-30 Knot winds, perfect for Windsurfing and Kitesurfing! All year round we also offer PADI Scuba Diving - Come and Dive the amazing Bligh Waters and Vatu-I-Ra Passage - breathtaking National Geographic quality dive sites! Sailing, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Fishing adventures and Stand Up Paddling (SUP) are also available every day!Our accommodation varies and includes Beachfront Bures, Ocean View Villas, Private Rooms and bunk style dorm rooms for groups only meters from the beach. We offer solar hot water showers, 24hr power & Wi-Fi 3G speed Internet access is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Safari Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari Island Hotel Rakiraki
- Safari Island Lodge Fiji/Rakiraki