My Wife and I returned to the resort after a stay in May of 2010 which we have reviewed . our second visit was better than the first We arrived very late on Xmas eve after a flight delay but the resort team made sure that a meal was ready for us which was delivered by the fantastic security guys. Beato meet us at reception with a reception team member then the General Manager Ben came from his home to make sure all was OK (see if you get that at any of the big international hotels). The next day was Christmas. When we walked into the dining room for breakfast the team greeted us as old friends - what a reception. Ben with his wife Rachel invited us to sit with his family and friends for Lunch as we did not know anyone at the resort and they didn,t want us to be left out on Christmas Day. Over the next 12 days we had a ball I had my fishing gear with me expecting to catch the big one but I didn't even go out as the relaxing time swimming drinking and eating was just terrific.New Years Eve was a blast with a fireworks display with the food being another highlight. Staying at the resort is not for weight loss as the portions are generous and quality very good. Ben & Rachel eat from the Menu which helps keep the Chefs at their already high standard. The soups are a real highlight!Every day you can do diifferent things do as little or as much as you want
Make sure that you visit RAKIRAKI a $30FIJI return trip from the resort - it shows you real Fiji with people just saying Bula all the time. While we stayed at the resort a wedding took place which did not inpact on any other guests. We met lots of lovely people who enjoyed the resort except a young couple from the USA who just complained and complained about everything thinking that the world revolved around them.
We ate we drank we enjoyed.The bures(rooms) are cleaned very well The pools are cleaned and great to swim in (we had a private pool) At the resort 4 of the bures have them and for the little extra cost it is great . The cost of beer and wine is reasonable by Fiji standards and the beer is always ice cool.
As always, the staff were fantastic - friendly, happy and we had lots of laughs with them. thank you to all of them- won't name them as I may leave someone out, whch would be terrible. Ben and Rachel are doing a brilliant job at Wananavu and we can't wait to go back (september this time). the only down-side to Wananavu is having to leave
Andrew & Robyn
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Hotel
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.