Wananavu or wanna be. If you like 4 wheeling it, then you will enjoy the horrid dirt road that leads up to the resort from the the Kings highway. If your mother couldn't cook and you ate cafeteria food and you enjoyed it, then this restaurant at the Wananavu beach resort is for you. Beware: you will be paying 4 star restaurant prices for your 1 star meals. Hospitality is fickle. There is Ma and Ani who are always pleasant, but you never know what mood Tina is in. My wife and I tried to stay out of her way. The weather was perfect and we immensely enjoyed snorkeling, but gave up our scuba plans there and headed over to another resort because their Dive Master, Vicky, is a bit persnickety. The grounds are lovely to walk around, and that young chap that takes care of the beach is just a nice fellow.
I don't think that we'll be back, nor could we recommend it as a wedding site given the food served and the inconsistency in the services rendered. We checked out Voli Voli down the road (rough road) and the food was a little better. The Vonu on draft was really nice. Still, we got hustled by the waiter, Soni,trying to convince us to go into his village and drink Kava. I don't want to drink Kava, I have a medical condition that would make drinking Kava detrimental to my health. Wow. That really ticked him off! So even if the fish burger was great there, we would not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki