We were looking for a holiday where we could relax and read all day and not lift a finger. The entire Wananavu experience met this requirement easily. Some people on here have commented on the road...all I can say is that they mustn't have travelled often/they expect Fiji to be a developed country. Fiji is a tiny little deserted Island which, in my opinion, is the reason that it is so attractive. You are forced to sit back and take in the beauty that is this amazing island and by the time you get to the rocky/dirt road to the resort, it honestly made me so excited to think that I was in the most isolated and remote place in the world (which of course it isnt) and that it was indeed going to be the ultimate relaxing experience.
RESORT: The resort is situated on quite a steep hill, which meant that most/all rooms have a view and sense of isolation. The restaurant has beautiful views no matter where you sit. It was sunny through the day, and stormed at night, which was awesome because the lightening lit up the bay and the weather added to the tropical island experience. You can order drinks from the pool and the cocktails are AMAZING! Long island ice tea is well worth it (not for the light hearted). The Fijian Premium is delicious.
ROOM: We had a Beachfront Bure, when we visited there were only 3 other couples in the entire resort - due to the quiet period before Easter holiday madness. So we honestly felt like we were all by ourselves and it was SO QUIET! We had the entire beach to ourselves, including the hammocks. The room was perfect, it had the Fijian feel, wooden shutters (and fly screens), the massive shower with glass wall and the entire bathroom was wonderful, they really bought the outdoors inside. The King Bed was comfortable, there was a well stock mini-bar (good prices) and also plunger coffee. Very clean. Could lie in bed and look at the ocean and sleep to the sound of the waves. You can pay for Wi-Fi (same company that is at the airport) and there are ceiling fans and A/C. No other technology, which is great!
FOOD: We got a package, its was cheap for what you get. We arent enormous eaters, so we ate/had WAY too much, you could just order off the menu to your appetite and it would be fine. Friendly service, 'Ma' was lovely!
ACTIVITIES: The water straight infront of the beachfront bures can be a little dangerous as there are stingrays, but we only found this out on day 3 and we swam there without issue. The best place to go is over the other side of the marina, grab your free hire snorkel gear and right at the bottom of the ladder is a coral reef with heaps of colourful fish (disclaimer: we arent divers or regular snorkelers so it was good for our standard). You can also grab a kayak and go to the different islands or tie up at one of the other reefs and jump overboard. We didnt do any of the paid activites but those who we spoke to loved them. We did the couples arrival massage which was pretty good. WEAR SPF 50++, snorkelling for 2hrs meant we were fried even with suncreen!!
OVERALL: We really enjoyed ourselves, we had wanted to stay on one of the islands but due to the complex/expensive nature of transfers we stayed here instead. It was the next best thing, "island feel with mainland convenience".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki