It ay not be 5 star in Paris or New York but Wananavu is 5 star in Fiji with a laid back attitude because of Fiji time, which is surely what we all need on a holiday. Leave technology at home and just have fun. We arrived for this trip just after the cyclone and saw the destruction answer drove up from Nadi. Surprisingly, the road was better than on any other trip.
Until our last day the resort was running on generators, which went off each night for a couple of hours but I defy anyone to complain as we had power and water(no Internet, goodie, goodie) while the local villages had neither until around 10th January. Rebuilding continues around the area.
As usual, the staff were fantastic, with a couple of new staff learning our names and drinks very quickly, Alcindor, Josie and the rest of the catering staff producing fattening, fabulous food including a wonderful lobster dinner beside our pool, an enormous Christmas lunch with just the right amount for dinner that night and a great news eve dinner and then lunch on 1st. If you are able to spend Christmas Eve at Wananavu, the choir from Rakiraki village is even better than the professionals at home and everyone this year was moved.
Thanks to Manju yet again for keeping 2 untidy people organised in our bure. Thanks Viva for your great staff. If you want anything extra from the boutique, Buna will do her best to get it, thanks Buna.
We look forward to returning later this year when there will have been some renovations and changes to the outdoor dining and I hope that Beato will have an even bigger smile.
Thanks to all the staff - you know we love you. And thanks to all the orphans- Susan, Petra, Rachel, john, jo, Michael, Louisa, Kieran, Sean, Ramon, Stein you helped make our holiday fantastic.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Hotel
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Olotels, Expedia, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.