My wife and I stayed at the resort for the sixth stay so we must like it ,why because it is the real Fiji sure the road is much better but still a little rough and this was days after the cyclone hit, We arrived the day before Xmas with the resort full, must be due to my great reports in the past. The reason that it is full is that the place looks like a garden palace, the food is really good make sure you try the pickled fish as an first course and at lunch the Sun Coast sandwich.Sadly Ben & Rach have moved on the a resort in Australia after 4 years, the tears from the staff on the last day was unreal.
The new General Manager has taken the resort over and after staying under his guidance for a number of days he is a mover, Allan has been around the resort for about 10 years on and off. I look forward to staying again in 2013.
Over the stays we have had this would have been the best as we saw people from previous stays plus meeting people from around the world Sten from Norway ,John from South Africa/suva plus the travelling girls from Europe.
The food is outstanding with me putting on more weight that I would care to recall this aided the extra splash in a tradition JETTY JUMPING what a blast.
Make sure you go into RakiRaki the local town the market is great plus everybody is wonderful its about a $40fiji round trip plus the taxi will wait for you.
At Wananavu the great team led by the attentive Beato who is everywhere all of the girls on the front desk,Sereti,Keleni,Meriani plus MA ,Kali there,s lots more the ground staff the housekeepers keeping your Bure spotless.
we stayed after the cyclone with no local power no problems they have a huge generator that just keeps going. The New Year Eve fireworks looked great some people stayed up until 5 am I lasted till about !.30 but I looked better that some in the morning.
As far as food goods if its in season the kitchen will get it an prepare,in the morning breakfast can be anything your eggs cooked whatever way,Lunch and dinner the soups are outstanding who would think of having soups in a hot climate but it works.I would suggest the meal plan as it works out a better price, beer and wine is a good price not over the top with the cocktails very good so everyone tells me.
The Dive group mentioned in another review should have been more respectful,but they really did not represent normal dive groups as mostly they mix in not this lot but it was a one off so don,t let them put you off.Perhaps the Dive masters should advise people of how too act no swimmers in the dining room etc.But as stated most dive groups are good fun.
My special thanks to Allan and a special special BULA to Beato
Andrew & Robyn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki