This was my 4th trip to Wananavu since September 2011. I've written reviews about two of those trips.
I was at Wananavu for Christmas and New Year recently. I was there for 10 nights in total.
What hasn't changed:
The absolutely friendly staff who know your name from your previous visit or remember your name almost instantaneously on your first visit.
The great quality food and excellent service.
The great range of cocktails.
The fact that they will keep your bottle of wine in the fridge until the next meal if you don't want to finish it in one sitting.
The views and excellent facilities.
What has changed:
The managers - Ben and Rachel have moved to Australia and Alan has taken over. After spending a week under Alan's management and getting to know Alan I'm confident Wananavu remains in exceptional hands! No doubt there will be changes but they will build on the solid base left by Ben and Rachel.
The Dive Managers - Chris and Vicky joined the resort recently. I'm not a diver but the feedback from those diving was very positive indeed.
A few tips if you are going to Wananavu:
Don't miss nights at Wananavu to go to another resort. I met a lot of new people there on this trip and they all were sorry they weren't staying longer. This was during the time that the resort was running on generator power after the cyclone so that tells you something!!
Do as many of the activities as you can, particularly those that go into the local villages and areas. The financial support provided by your visits is very important to the local people.
Do have Kava - even if it is a bowl with the band boys each evening. A kava ceremony in a village is even better.
Don't sit and talk and laugh during Isa Lei. It is a very special Fiji farewell hymn and talking and laughing is not only disrespectful to the staff singing it but also to the people who are being farewelled. Dive group from Denver you know I'm talking about you!!
I can't wait for my next visit in May this year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki