This place was all that we wanted in our dream Fiji vacation and more. We stayed in beachfront bure #7 but all of the beachfront options have an ideal setting. The view from our room was stunning, nothing between us and the ocean! The shower was perfect with a garden view of it's own and I never felt like our room and bath were anything less than very clean. The grounds are impeccable and gorgeous, we ended up with many duplicate photos of the grounds because we were always saying "oh wow, look at that!" and snapping a photo! There were a couple of geckos in our room and they did their job, no bugs to speak of in the room. I did have my usual handful of mosquito bites while out and about but that is normal for me. Don't forget to put your bug spray on when you go to dinner, they do tend to come out at twilight. The food was wonderful and you have plenty to choose from each day, it was presented beautifully. They had no issue when our diving schedule made our dining schedule off a bit. You always feel welcome in the restaurant! The staff was very pleasant and smiley all the time, we especially liked Anna, she always had a smile and giggle when she helped us. Everything was SO easy, you never have to pay a bill for meals if you are on the meal plan (totally recommend it by the way) and the staff does a great job of remembering you and what room you are in. The dive operation, was OUTSTANDING! Chris & Vicky had just signed on as the new operators the week before we arrived. They greeted us when we checked in and were very welcoming. It was so nice to feel like they were excited for us to be there and they were ready to get us into the water the next day. We were instructed to put our dive bag on our porch, they would come and get it and take care of everything for the week. Ahhhhh.... how nice! The diving was absolutely wonderful, our weather was perfect so we were able to dive the Bligh passage every day and did a couple of 3 tank days with a packed lunch on the boat. I really can't say enough about Chris & Vicky, they were just getting all of their ducks in a row when we were there so I imagine that it will be even better in a short time. We can't wait to go back and dive with them again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki