My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in early November. A driver was waiting for us at the Fiji airport with a sign that had my name on it. His name was Sai and he was quite friendly. We knew that it was a 2 hour drive to the resort from the airport based on earlier TripAdvisor reviews, but Sai made the trip seem much shorter. He pointed out many places of interest along the way, such as the Sugar Mill and local schools and churches. We were immediately given a free upgrade to an Ocean-View bure at check-in. The room was spacious and immaculately clean. There was a small refrigerator with a stocked mini-bar. Our bathroom included his and her sinks along with a glass wall shower (don't worry, nobody can see in from outside.) The staff at Wananavu was extremely friendly and welcoming - everyone introduced themselves and asked for our names, although nobody addressed us by name afterwards. The food is good and reasonably priced. The $12.00 FJD cocktail hour from 5:30pm to 6:30pm is an especially good deal. Look out for the STRONG Mai Tais! (NOTE TO MANAGEMENT: Your welcome booklet in the rooms state that cocktail hour drinks are $10.50 FJD - please fix this.) The resort pool and beach area was great. We did 2 extra activities: The first was a beach picnic on a secluded island for $50.00 FJD each. We were the only 2 people there and it was fantastic (save for a few locals in a small house that didn't bother us.) We snorkeled and had a great time. The amount of food was also quite generous. The second activity was a Nakorokula Village tour for $50.00 FJD each - also highly recommended. Several village members performed local dances and invited us to join in - fun! Then it was off to the local village for shopping. All in all a great time.
We felt that two Wananavu staff members deserve special recognition:
1) Taniela - His service in the restaurant/bar area was exceptional.
2) Bosiri - He was an excellent guide for our beach picnic and village tour.
To conclude, Wananavu is an amazing place. Fijian hospitality simply cannot be beat. Book your stay now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki