My partner and I stayed at Wananavu for 5 nights recently. We thoroughly enjoyed certain elements about the place, while others could maybe be attended to a bit more or passed on to a (potential) guests in bit more of a detail.
Bures were lovely. We stayed in Ocean View bure and were considering upgrading into Beach Front, glad we didn't. They are exactly the same apart from ours was a small bit higher up in a second row. They all had AC which we never used and were all really well insect proofed. Perfect bathroom etc.
The resort grounds were beautifully maintained. My massage in the spa was extremely enjoyable.
Food- I didn't have anything I wouldn't have liked- more expensive dinner menu was fine and all day menu with curry (Fijian not Indian style) always a safe option. Happy hour sunset cocktails for $12FJD. All staff we encountered were real nice and helpful- special mention to the younger receptionist and boat staff.
The resort seemed to be occupied by US divers or OZ wedding parties who somehow seemed to get more attention than others.
Now the negatives- there is no beach in the resort and I found the pool small for everyone to share when resort was full (ish) The beach in front of Beachfront Bures is fine at high tide and not very nice at all at low tide. The beach pictures on the website are somewhat a small bit misleading.
You are absolutely remote from everywhere and if you don't have a car you can not go and 'explore' ie go for dinner to a different restaurant or for a beer elsewhere on your own. There is no shop or anything else around or close by.
The last thing which may be easier to address would perhaps be the management. I found it quite strange that whilst they are working hard to portrait as a boutique resort it has no such feel as you only seem to get the boutique experience if you are getting married or are part of a wedding party. Whilst the staff were nice, polite and friendly the management couple did not make themselves known to other guests. I understand that they don't have to, but 'hi, how was your day' or 'are you guys enjoying your dinner' would have gone long way - considering there is only about 10 tables maximum in the restaurant it wouldn't have taken more than 20 minutes to speak to everyone. I think it would've been quite a nice touch.
Ending on a positive note the beach picnic was excellent, lots of food supplied in Eski bag, as well as beach chairs and table, snorkels, and lovely white sandy beach at nearby island- the whole works. This trips made our stay at Wananavu and made me rate it 4 star instead of 3.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Hotel
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.