We stayed here for five nights in August 2012 in an ocean view bure and were lucky enough to book through a group discount site in Australia. What a picturesque resort!
We arrived by local bus (Coral Sun coaches) from Lautoka to Rakiraki and caught a taxi from Rakiraki ($20 Fijian).
The turquoise water at Wananavu was the best we saw in two and a half weeks in Fiji and the sunsets were incredible. We enjoyed the daily cocktail happy hour ($12 Fijian) and spent lots of time relaxing.
The staff are friendly but also give you lots of space. The resort is definitely pitching itself as a boutique experience. We must mention Sauriti on the front desk by name. She was amazing - so responsive, helpful and friendly.
There are no real negatives to mention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki