If you want the most relaxing holiday you can imagine, this is the place to go. Totally chill out, which is what we need to recharge our over-extended batteries. Despite the long journey from the airport,the trip is worth the wait and the last bumpy bit is now expected after all the comments so should be no problem.
Staff are amazing and their skills with people of all ages and nationalities are to be commended. Nothing is too much trouble, even to ordering Rosiloa CDs for me to purchase at the shop- this is THE most amazing group of fijian singers and should be.noted world wide. Also the group who play every day at lunch and dinner are very entertaining. The spa staff make a point of talking to everyone even those without bookings.
Our bure, up on the hill, with pool, had the most amazing views of Bligh waters and the sunsets were fantastic. My only question is why have an inside shower at all? Food- brilliant, thanks to all the chefs, particularly for my birthday breakfast of a whole lobster, but also particularly for the soups- we love them. Wish we could get the recipes.
We have been in many resorts around the south pacific and also on a number of small and large cruises and nowhere has there been the sense of cameraderie (or the ability of guests to rearrange the tables to make huge tables of people who wanted to eat, drink, laugh and sing together) anywhere that we have been. Guests from all over the world, including the Irish couple recently mentioned, a Finnish couple, an American couple, a south African guy(from /
Sydney) and others just had the most amazing time.
This was our 3rd time at Wananavu in less than18 months and I celebrated a major birthday this time and I just can't wait to go back.
Please go into Rakiraki when you visit - the locals are very friendly but don't see very many tourists so your dollars can make a difference. The market is small but the produce is fresh and of a great variety. No-one objects to photos being taken.
Thank you to Rachel, Ben and every member of staff-it would take another page to name you all, so please know that we love you all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki