“New wing is spectacular!” 4 of 5 stars

Tanoa Waterfront Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marine Dr | PO Box 4653, Lautoka, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lautoka
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
“New wing is spectacular!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here for only one night at the end of our trip as we had pre-booked the next night in Nadi. What a jewel! Our room in the new wing (recently constructed) was nothing short of spectacular with all the bells and whistles. We paid less than $90 per night for a room that would have cost well over $350 in Canada or the U.S. The view of the ocean was superb and the pool area was very nice. Our only regret was we were there for only one night. If you are staying in Lautoka (or Nadi for that matter) look no further but make sure you stay in the new wing!

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing. The older wing is fine but not in the same league.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Bula Joel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Hope you can stay longer on your next visit.

I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji sometime soon.

Narend Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

well it was very nice to visit senibua spa and the therapist there who give mee n my husband some loverly treatment massages and facial we will some soon some time to visit u sharon n ur spa thanks to all

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Bula Pam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the massage at the hotel.I have shared your comments with spa ladies.
Vinaka and regards,
Robesonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Clean, quite, very friendly staff. We stayed there before a cruise that left from Fiji. Much less expensive that the hotel the cruise line suggested. Nothing really to do in the town. We walked around but that was it. If you are there for several days I suggest that you book some tours or snorkeling while you are there. I would stay again. The food in the hotel was very good. Lots of flowers. A nice little balcony.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Bula,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review,its always a pleasure to receive positive feed back from our valued guests.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently travelled to fiji for a wedding reception in Waterfront hotel in Lautoka, as buffet was served, i picked out a clean plate and a cockroach was seen . A woman yelled out cockroach and the buffet organiser ( slim indian guy) quickly took the plate in the restaurant to show the head chef. Shame on , reading this reviews , i urge Waterfront hotel groups to practice hygiene standards. I visited on January 5-10 2013.

Kind regards

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Bula Alvin
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Your comment has been taken as serious issue and this is far from acceptable and I apologise for this. I have forwarded it to our pest control contractors to ensure that this is addressed as soon as possible.
I am concerned and briefed my team accordingly. Our kitchen and restaurant are regularly inspected by health inspectors and be assured that we practise food safety at the Hotel. On a separate note, apprecite if you can email me further details of the incident so that I can throughly investigate (wfhmanager@tanoahotels.com.fj).
Thank you again for sharing your experience,please feel free to contact me should your travel plans bring you back to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel as it will be my pleasure to be of your assistance.
Lautoka, Fiji
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nice clean room (executive) with doors opening to the pool. High cost on Internet (40FJD/day) for use on one device only at a time. Breakfast continental 43 FJD for 2 is also alot considering that you have other options across the park. You get help with your bags upon arrival. Silent and efficient air condition. No beach available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula Andreas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review,I have taken your comments and shared them with the team, I appreciate also the constructive feed back you provided.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is my second time here this year and I have several more trips planned next year unfortunately for me all for business but even for pleasure I would stay here.
The chef and bar manager are absolutely outstanding and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome.
The housekeepers etc are also very accommodating and friendly.
Check-in can be a bit dicey if you dont appear on their list but not enough to detract you from their warm hospitality.
Overall a clean, comfortable establishment with caring and happy staff, I wouldnt dream of staying anywhere else in Lautoka.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but if you can afford it I would recommend an executive room or a suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Narendk, General Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Bula Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel and again for taking out your valuable time to post this wonderful detailed review.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tanoa Waterfront Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which will be shared with the team. This feedback will surely be beneficial for other travellers. And for us, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services & facilities.

Please feel free to contact me should your travel plans bring you back to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel as it will be my pleasure to be of your assistance.
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was my second visit to the Waterfront this year. My previous comments about the staff and food remain - both are very good to excellent.
However in the intervening time the rooms have become more run down. On both trips I was with a number of colleagues so we were able to assess this on the basis of more than one room.
In particular I found the bathrooms to be below par for a property of this standard.
A bit of attention would be of great benefit to the hotel at this time!
An additional niggle was a large party right outside my room beside the small pool on my first night when I was looking forward to an early sleep. To the hotel's credit, when I complained they took action straight away!
I know they have a cyclone to deal with right now but I encourage the management to do some serious cleaning/ upgrades to the ground floor bathroms.
I hope that next time I stay at this property I can see some improvements!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bula,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel and again for taking out your valuable time to post this review.All feedback, both positive and negative is important to us. We have throughly cleaned the property after the cyclone and we are currently planning to refurb superior ground floor rooms.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns, as we believe that it is your way of allowing us the chance to better ourselves.

Narend Kumar

Been to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!