“Much better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Tanoa Waterfront Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marine Dr | PO Box 4653, Lautoka, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lautoka
Florence, Italy
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

we went for business to Lautoka, Fiji, and looked at comments on Tripadvisor for a number of hotels in Lautoka and Nadi. The Waterfront had some less pleasing reviews but suited us best for location, so we contacted the management who told us "don't worry". We gave them the benefit of the doubt and booked the room knowing we could always change. Well, we arrived and held our breath. No need. The hotel is excellent, the staff very efficient, friendly and always ready to help. Don't expect a 5-star hotel but it's clean, the food is good. If you don't like the menu, the chef is ready to make you something to your choice. The breakfast complainer did not read his reservation. It's all there. You can chose between continental, full continental and cooked breakfast, clearly posted also in the Fins restaurant right on the buffet. So if you can read, its all clear.
I am a business traveller and have "seen it all". I am going back to the Waterfront, no hesitation whatsoever!

Room Tip: We had an excellent room, and I can't judge other rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Narendk, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Bula,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Tanoa Waterfront Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which will be shared with the team. This feedback will surely be beneficial for other travellers. And for us, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services & facilities.
Vinaka and regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Over the past few years we have been staying at the Waterfront Hotel and they have never let us down. We just got back from our vacation and once again had a great stay! All the staff are great and always chatting with us. As well, we felt that the rooms were clean, Anishma Singh was the house maid and she always kept our room clean! The houseboy Ashoka was very nice and talkative as well. We can't remember everyone's names but everything single person we met were cheerful and a pleasure to be around. Ateca at the front desk is wonderful and as well as the spa staff and the staff at Fin's. Also, many thanks to manager Narend Kumar for leading a great staff and making us feel at home!

Mr. and Mrs. Sures Chandra (Vancouver, BC)

Room Tip: The executive rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bula,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed your stay with us. Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.
I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji sometime soon.
midland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

we stayed at the hotel for a night with my family. everything was great...rooms were nice n clean. the only obsticale was when my brother n mum went to have breakfast at the "fins restaurant". after they had bfast, the waitress had billed them $43.00!! are u kidding me?? just for a couple of toast, glass of juice n coffee. NOT WORTH WHAT'S BEEN PROVIDED!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Narendk, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Bula Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All feedback, both positive and negative is important to us. Your comment on breakfast has been looked into, our continental buffet breakfast offers tea/toast, variety of cereals, fruits, juice,pastry, etc. and also offers choice of individual items if you do not wish have the buffet.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns, Please feel free to contact me should your travel plans bring you back to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel as it will be my pleasure to be of your assistance.

Regards
Bendigo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you MUST stay in Lautoka this is a reasonable location and does have the advantage of the waterfront location and view from the restaurant. Our room ( not sure if it was old or new wing) was a reasonable size but the bath was chipped, we couldn't open the balcony door, the electrics needed the odd tug on the wires and the alarm was preset for 12 midnight! The pool was fine, pity it was next to the maintenance area specially when the generator was needed to power the hotel for a couple of hours. The staff were friendly enough but no one was interested in selling Lautoka. One night would have been enough.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Bula ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review,both positive and negative comments is important to us. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused but we do have two swimming pools in the hotel and one of it is far away from any noise.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns, as we believe that it is your way of allowing us the chance to better ourselves.

Vinaka and regards
Coffs Harbour
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We asked for two side-by-side rooms as there were 5 of us. They were okay (we didn't expect luxury as we had asked for the 2 cheapest rooms) and located in the "Old Wing". Our only complaint - which we raised with the staff was that one was a smoking room so the smell was almost unbearable (they sprayed a bit of deoderiser around for us which slightly helped). We chose the Waterfront Hotel for its location - close the everything in Lautoka, and reasonably priced. The new pool looked lovely from a distance, however we noticed that it was very murky so we kept our heads out of the water. The staff were all very nice. Next time I think we would choose the newer rooms though. I guess we get what we pay for!

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker make sure you ask for a non-smoking room as the smoking rooms absolutely sti...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Bula Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your comments are really a concern for us.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience during your stay and please be assured that these have been discussed with our Team to ensure that your concerns are addressed.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My parents stay here often and was booked in by them. We got placed in the old wing of the building and oh its BAD!

The room is clean but bathroom is soo discusting. I didnt even want to go to the toilet or have my shower. There were cockroaches coming out in the night and floors where wet when we got to our room.

we told the staff and they were kind enough to give us the room above and even that room had the same issue!

We just bared the whole experience and tried to go to bathroom in the restaurants which were much cleaner.

What a shame! they should do something about the old wing. worst experience iv had at a hotel. Dissappointing!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bula Arena,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All feedbacks, both positive and negative is important to us. Your comments regarding the bathroom is very concerning and I would appreciate if you could email me wfhmanager@tanoahotels.com.fj so I can get details of your stay and ask my team to rectify the problem.
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in an executive room for 4 nights in May. I was holding a conference there on the second day- Ashlyn was so helpful and the experience was great- she and her staff were able to handle everything beautifully.

I have stayed at almost all of the hotels on Denarau, and the executive level rooms are on par with the high priced resorts, but at a fraction of the price. I won't be going back to Denarau. The room was immaculate and the bed comfortable. Of course, the hotel is smaller and doesn't have the amenities that a resort on Denarau has, but the pool was all I wanted. We enjoyed drinks in the bar a few evenings with live entertainment. The bands were good.

Whatever you do, don't miss the spa. My husband and I each got a hot stone massage- literally the best massage I've had the world over (had them in many different countries and out to sea on cruises.) Abbi, the spa manager, and Renu, are gifted. Even if you don't stay there, be sure to book a massage.

There is a new restaurant in Lautoka- the Chicken BBQ- fabulous, fresh food with eager wait staff. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The slight upcharge for the Executive rooms are well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Bula,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel.I have shared your comments with Ashlyn and all of the team. We are delighted to know how much you appreciated the service priovided. Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.
Please feel free to contact us should your travel plans bring you back to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel as it will be my pleasure to be of your assistance.
Hotel Manager

Been to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!