Upon arriving at this wonderful place we were greeted with "Welcome Home". The ambiance here is just incredible. The gardens are some of the best I have seen in Fiji, the rooms (bures) are excellent with all the amenities you need. They are large and clean and were actually being refurbished whilst we were there - we don't know how they are going to make them much better, but we will see on our next trip. Rooms are made up daily with a lovely touch of fresh flowers on your bed and around your bathroom. The pool is large and clean, some parts covered to save you from the sun.
Our bure was on the waterfront, so close to the beach (probably 2 metres), you could hear the water lapping on the sand of a night time. Everything in the room worked, unlike other places we have stayed. They have large insect screened verandahs, where you can sit and have a drink and watch the amazing sunsets Fiji is renowned for. Some reviews have mentioned mosquitoes, but I did not see one (and they usually love me)!
The restaurant serves incredible food and being right on the beach, with a band softly strumming, I didn't not notice any such thing as 'Fiji Time'. The manager, Alex, has just put in a new BBQ bar which you can select from or their wonderful menu has many options. I believe they are also adding a fire pizza oven. Choose from tables under the palm trees, on the beach, or eat on the bridge. No request is too much trouble. Saturday night they had a two man band which played cruisy music for dining and after, more up beat music for dancing. The meals are not expensive and the drinks are also very reasonable. The extensive breakfast is served in a large well furnished, fully windowed bure type room, or you can choose to sit at a table outside with your feet in the sand and watch the boats drift by or gaze at the islands in the distance.
How other reviews can complain of the smallest things, amazes me! On the other hand, I suppose it is hard for staff to complain about some guests! So there were a couple of ants in the bath - wash them away before filling the bath and not a worry. We did not have any geckos in our room, no mossies on our verandah, no waiting for our meals, no lack of service, no overcharging - NO complaints! There are so many good points about this place, no matter how hard I think, I cannot come up with a negative.
The staff are incredible! Isimeli, Mere & Alex and all the other staff, went out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful stay. It was my birthday and our 25th Wedding Anniversary, and not only did they give me cake and sing Happy Birthday, they did it twice! (First night, they were a day early!!) The day before our Anniversary the wonderful band stayed up until after midnight, just so they could sing us their anniversary song, as we were leaving the next morning. We had a fire dancing show one night and some other people came to dine from a cruise. Three groups of people asked us which island they were on. They could not believe it was the mainland, as the whole resort does look like it belongs on one of the islands. Actually this place is so nice, you really feel like you are on an island!
We were only there for a 3 night stay before going on a short cruise. On our return we stayed at the Sheraton at Denarau for a few nights and wished we were back at First Landing Resort. The peace and quiet, lack of screaming children, staff that knew your name the first day and a feeling of belonging, made us miss the place and vow to return to this resort for a longer stay next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our first guests arrived 3,500 years ago and liked the place so much, they stayed ...According to local legend, the first Fijians arrived around 1500 BC, landing on the beach at First Landing. Today, you too can discover and enjoy this intimate, authentic Fijian resort, ideally located only 25 minutes away from Nadi and 35 minutes from Denarau Island, for your Fiji holiday. The resort has easy access to the nearby Mamanuca Islands, by boat from the resort’s new jetty or adjacent Vuda Yacht Marina daily. The resort is nestled amidst magnificent tropical gardens, majestic palms and massive rain trees, just 15 minutes by road from Nadi Airport, and blessed with one of the only white sand beaches in the Nadi area. The beach faces due west, giving breathtaking sunsets across the nearby islands. We are a small, owner-operated resort, featuring a range of accommodation options from Fijian style Bures to our two bedroom, luxurious, self-catering Royal Villa or Garden Villas, each situated in their own enclosed tropical garden with a full sized pool. We also have a lively bar and popular beachside restaurant. We pride ourselves on personal attention to our guests, and the genuine hospitality of our staff will ensure your stay is a memorable one. First Landing Beach Resort is the perfect location for a destination stay in Fiji, in combination with an outer island resort or cruise or a short stop-over in Fiji due to our location. Come and learn about the fascinating history, culture and natural heritage of this very special place.First Landing Beach Resort is famous for our true Bula Pride and Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your First Landing Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1st Landing Beach Resort & Villas
- First Landing Beach Resort And Villas
- First Landing Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Lautoka
- First Landing Beach Hotel
- First Landing Beach Resort & Villas Fiji/Lautoka