This was our first trip to Fiji and the first with our new little man (7 months at time of travel) we were nervous about the trip, and how he would deal with the heat/new place/travel etc.
From the moment we stepped off the plane the staff at First Landings were superb. We were met by the resort drivers at the airport, and they looked after everything. Daniel was an instant hit and from that point on every staff member made such a genuine fuss over him. They are so friendly, attentive and go out of their way to remember your names.
The resort itself is small and compact. Its kept immaculately clean with a great ‘solar heated’ pool that gets some shade through the day. There is a bar with fun bar staff, and a great restaurant looking out over the beach. Breakfast was included in the price, and I don’t think you would ever have to buy the cooked breakfast on offer. Daniel loved all the fresh fruit. We ate in the restaurant on the last night, and although not the cheapest, the food was fantastic. If your on a budget as we were, there is a marina next to the resort, with a small convenience store, cafe and a bistro/restaurant. We had lunch most days at the cafe (excellent chicken curry wraps) and dinner most nights at the restaurant. We timed it with sun set, which with the location makes for a great night, mojito in hand! We stocked up on water from the convenience store, which was far cheaper then the resort bar.
Our room was simple, but clean. It was cleaned daily and we loved the touch from the housekeeping staff, little messages in flowers on the bed. The travel cot for Daniel was clean, and we had our own mattress protector for extra protection.
Overall this is a great alternative to the big hotels in Nadi, and ideal for those with young families. We will certainly be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our first guests arrived 3,500 years ago and liked the place so much, they stayed ...According to local legend, the first Fijians arrived around 1500 BC, landing on the beach at First Landing. Today, you too can discover and enjoy this intimate, authentic Fijian resort, ideally located only 25 minutes away from Nadi and 35 minutes from Denarau Island, for your Fiji holiday. The resort has easy access to the nearby Mamanuca Islands, by boat from the resort’s new jetty or adjacent Vuda Yacht Marina daily. The resort is nestled amidst magnificent tropical gardens, majestic palms and massive rain trees, just 15 minutes by road from Nadi Airport, and blessed with one of the only white sand beaches in the Nadi area. The beach faces due west, giving breathtaking sunsets across the nearby islands. We are a small, owner-operated resort, featuring a range of accommodation options from Fijian style Bures to our two bedroom, luxurious, self-catering Royal Villa or Garden Villas, each situated in their own enclosed tropical garden with a full sized pool. We also have a lively bar and popular beachside restaurant. We pride ourselves on personal attention to our guests, and the genuine hospitality of our staff will ensure your stay is a memorable one. First Landing Beach Resort is the perfect location for a destination stay in Fiji, in combination with an outer island resort or cruise or a short stop-over in Fiji due to our location. Come and learn about the fascinating history, culture and natural heritage of this very special place.First Landing Beach Resort is famous for our true Bula Pride and Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your First Landing Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1st Landing Beach Resort & Villas
- First Landing Beach Resort And Villas
- First Landing Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Lautoka
- First Landing Beach Hotel
- First Landing Beach Resort & Villas Fiji/Lautoka