My wife and I stayed here for seven nights in a Garden Villa and we already can't wait to go back. In a nutshell:
- Real Fijian feel. Denarau seemed a little too Western in comparison;
- The restaurant is fantastic with great food, plenty of options for kids and those who are more comfortable with food they're used to, excellent views and evening entertainment;
- Plenty of activities throughout the day;
- Close to Nadi, Nadi airport, Garden of the Sleeping Giant, Sabeto Hot Springs, Viseisei village, Lautoka (we didn't go there). Port Denarau was a 40 minute drive but it didn't feel like it as we admired the landscape and Fijian life each time we drove there;
- Two day cruises (Oolala Savala and 'Whale's Tale') pick up from the resorts jetty;
- The housekeepers left messages on our bed each day which became a daily highlight;
- THE PEOPLE! Extremely friendly, very helpful and nothing was a problem.
- Two hours by car from the Coral Coast and three hours to Suva. Four and six hours in a car seemed like a waste of time for us so we're going to stay on the Coral Coast for part of our next trip;
- Forty minutes drive to Port Denarau. The drive is fantastic and is great for couples but my wife and I are skeptical about driving 40 minutes to Denarau, taking a day trip to the Mamanuca's and driving 40 minutes back to the resort when we bring the kids with us on the next trip;
- Our villa didn't have an indoor spa (as per the images) and the water pressure of the outdoor showers could be better (the indoor showers are fine). We were advised to ask for one of the other villas next time we come back. In saying that, I will be staying in a Garden Villa when we return;
- The Boutique closes at 8pm so if you want snacks, buy them BEFORE dinner. Easy solution: eat dessert (the chocolate fondant mud cake was so good, the waiters knew what we were going to order on our last night);
- The staff are SO keen to help that often they would start helping me before I finished asking my questions. This lead to some miscommunication at times.
In a nutshell, my wife and I can't wait to return to First Landing and bring our kids with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our first guests arrived 3,500 years ago and liked the place so much, they stayed ...According to local legend, the first Fijians arrived around 1500 BC, landing on the beach at First Landing. Today, you too can discover and enjoy this intimate, authentic Fijian resort, ideally located only 25 minutes away from Nadi and 35 minutes from Denarau Island, for your Fiji holiday. The resort has easy access to the nearby Mamanuca Islands, by boat from the resort’s new jetty or adjacent Vuda Yacht Marina daily. The resort is nestled amidst magnificent tropical gardens, majestic palms and massive rain trees, just 15 minutes by road from Nadi Airport, and blessed with one of the only white sand beaches in the Nadi area. The beach faces due west, giving breathtaking sunsets across the nearby islands. We are a small, owner-operated resort, featuring a range of accommodation options from Fijian style Bures to our two bedroom, luxurious, self-catering Royal Villa or Garden Villas, each situated in their own enclosed tropical garden with a full sized pool. We also have a lively bar and popular beachside restaurant. We pride ourselves on personal attention to our guests, and the genuine hospitality of our staff will ensure your stay is a memorable one. First Landing Beach Resort is the perfect location for a destination stay in Fiji, in combination with an outer island resort or cruise or a short stop-over in Fiji due to our location. Come and learn about the fascinating history, culture and natural heritage of this very special place.First Landing Beach Resort is famous for our true Bula Pride and Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your First Landing Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1st Landing Beach Resort & Villas
- First Landing Beach Resort And Villas
- First Landing Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Lautoka
- First Landing Beach Hotel
- First Landing Beach Resort & Villas Fiji/Lautoka