“Most welcoming resort I have ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$700 Dive Week
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Savusavu
Toronto
“Most welcoming resort I have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

I stayed at Daku resort this past February, a day prior to attending the Life and Wealth Mastery seminars of Tony Robbins. It was definitely the best choice we could have made. Not only are the rates really affordable but the service and atmosphere are second to none. The owner, Jay Jay , really made each one of us feel welcome and so did all of the staff. Immediately upon our arrival we were told there would be a snorkeling trip later if we wanted to join, and so we did. They took us on a boat to the most beautiful coral reefs I have ever seen! I never felt treated like a tourist but more so like a friend, especially at dinner were we all sat at one table with Jay Jay and shared a really fun time among new friends. I do regret not arriving at least a week early to enjoy this environment even more before having to leave to so the Life Mastery seminar but no doubt I will be back, and much sooner than I would have expected! Thanks to Jay Jay and all my new friends at Daku. Vinaka!!

Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

I loved staying at this friendly resort -- John, the Aussie owner, was hilariously funny and extremely helpful. The grounds are beautiful and far enough from town to be quiet, cose enough to walk to things. The food was delicious, a mix of types, and the pool was perfect to dip into, even though the sea is literally across the street.

Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

I stayed at the Daku Resort for a couple of days before attending a seminar elsewhere on the island. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and my only regret is that I couldn't stay longer! The staff were delightful and very helpful, making all the guests feel very welcome. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I had the best time and I will definately be returning, hopefully with the rest of the family! See you soon Jay Jay! :)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Boulder, Co.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

I stayed at Daku resort while on an Elderhostel snorkeling trip, and can't say enough nice things about this place. The staff were warm and welcoming, and the resort and the activities that our group enjoyed gave me the best of impressions about this lovely country. When I asked for a new mattress, because the original one was too firm for my liking, it was quickly and graciously replaced. I thought the food was yummy!
The owner, JJ, was great fun, and all the rest of the staff made our stay a very special one...thanks to one and all at Daku.

Stayed February 2010
Sixes, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We have been to fiji a number of times and love staying at the D. when in savusavu. Had dinner with Raj's family, took a drive around the east coast with D and kalo. We still email Kalo.

Just a great place to stay especially in the off season Love Fiji so much we bought a native fijian dictionary!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

As a burnt out Sydney family with three young boys frankly we would have gone anywhere to get away over the Christmas holiday but thank goodness we found the Daku Resort. We had been to Fiji twice before but this trip was by far the best, thanks to the incredible staff and the relaxed atmosphere. It is perfection with being precious and just good fun.

Our two bedroom bure with a pool overlooked the bay - the most perfect view; the bures are simple and spotless and contain everything you could possibly need. I knew we were in the right from the moment I sat on the terrace with that view. The grounds are immaculate, the swimming pool was a big hit with the boys and they also loved swimming out to the pontoon in the middle of the bay just across the road from the resort.

Eileen the chef produced beautiful three course meals every night and we loved sharing a communal table with other guests (although being social and sharing a table is not compulsory). The rooms have self catering facilities and Savusavu town is within easy reach for shopping but eating in the restaurant was far more fun, in fact we didn't venture out to any of the local restaurants during our stay because it was too easy to saunter into the restaurant and enjoy the hospitality and company of resort owners JJ and Delia and besides, Keni makes a mean cocktail.

JJ, Delia and Raj (the Manager) were tireless in their efforts to look after all the guests, they organised some great snorkelling and kayaking trips for us but we also loved just walks through the Daku estate, spending every waking moment in the swimming pool (boys) and having the best massages by the Daku masseur, Karlo (mum).

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, we were so well looked after, we will definitely be back, the children have already started saving for the Fiji Fund to ensure that it won't be too long.
Personally I am tempted to sneak back without the family and take part in one of the many courses that take place over the year (yoga, writing, art, singing).

Either way, thank you so much to Keni, Raj, Eileen, Delia and JJ, and the many other staff that cared for us. We can't wait to come back....

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

Happy New Year to all travellers and to the wonderful staff at Daku Resort!

My boyfriend and I had the absolute pleasure of staying at the amazing boutique style Daku Resort in Savu Savu in October last year. We had attended a wedding on Plantation Island and I was looking forward to connecting with some relatives that I hadn't met before. Not wanting to impose on them we chose to stay at Daku Resort for a few nights. Our first thought was 'not another resort!' as we really wanted to experience true Fijian hospitality without the exorbitant prices..... and that's exactly what was delivered. Our expectations were well and truly exceeded!

From the moment we arrived we were immediately impressed with the exceptional service provided by J.J. (the affable, warm and entertaining owner), Raj (the manager), his beautiful wife (Joshika), the beautiful Kenny and his kids, and the rest of the wonderful staff.

On our first night we enjoyed traditional Fijian dancing (performed by Kenny's kids with smiles from ear to ear and so talented!) They definitely 'out-performed' the dancers we saw at Paradise Island as they were really enjoying themselves and a delight to watch compared with previous performances we'd witnessed. We also enjoyed a sumptuous buffet with the freshest fish, vegetables, fruit salad (and of course rice) all washed down with a fabulous bottle of red.

After spending nearly a week on Paradise Island (for a friend's wedding which was was the most beautiful wedding I've attended) we felt we could truly relax with authentic Fijian hospitality without the ridiculous price tag. The beaches on the island were pristine however the food quality was below average and over-priced and the service was friendly however not as down-to-earth as Daku resort. At Daku the food is prepared with love (and is so damn tasty!), the service genuine, and the company of fellow travellers and staff definitely make Daku the ideal place to stay.

The rooms are comfortable and decorated with fresh flowers which are beautifully and carefully arranged through-out the rooms. We really enjoyed the 'outside' shower with the view of the rolling palm trees up the hill!

Internet service is fast, the beer and wine cold (and always delivered with a smile!), and the views across Savu Savu Bay breathtaking on a clear day.

Taxi to Savu Savu costs only a few dollars however you may enjoy the tranquil walk in which only takes twenty minutes.

J.J. (owner and host with the most) is more than happy to pick you up and return you to the airport. He's also more than happy to share a glass of vino (or two) as well and he makes for fabulous and entertaining dinner company.

Our stay at Daku Resort was absolutely perfect and we were blown away that we chose to stay here before returning to Australia.

If you intend on travelling to Savu Savu don't even bother about staying down the road at cheaper or more expensive resorts as you won't experience 'the real Fiji' and that's why you came here or are going there is that right?

Thank you so much to all of the beautiful staff who enabled us to have such a wonderful Fiji experience. This is one holiday we definitely won't forget!

Warmest regards,

Amber and Adam ;)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Daku Resort? Share your experiences!