“Seamless Diving in Fiji” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Savusavu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Savusavu, on the northern Fijian island of Vanua Levu, Jean-Michel Cousteau Diving offers unparalleled access to some of the world's most spectacular seascapes. Want to try SCUBA before signing up? No problem! Join our instructors in the pool to learn the basics. But be warned - you'll be hooked! For those already certified, we offer something more adventurous. Join Jean-Michel Cousteau's hand picked dive team as they explore newly identified, but as yet unnamed dive sites. Be amazed at the coral heads of Namena or cruise the walls and canyons of Shark Alley. Our team is waiting for you. Jean-Michel Cousteau Diving Dive Center has everything you need for a Fijian SCUBA diving adventure. From adrenaline filled boat dives to relaxing snorkel excursions, we are sure you will find what you need.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Seamless Diving in Fiji”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was my second time at this resort/dive center and it exceeded expectations both times. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and very experienced. My only regret is that I did not know about this place when my children were young; seems like such a great place for families with young children who want to feel confident that their children are well cared for while they are out diving. As it is, my entire family loves this place (and my "children" are adults with significant others!). I just want to shout out a huge VINAKA to the whole dive operation.

Visited August 2013

Los Angeles, California, United States
“simply THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Jean-Michel Cousteau diving team is incredible! They are experienced, informative and a pleasure to dive with. I have been coming to the resort for over a decade and got my resort certification at the resort when I was 13 - they have never disappointed. Rodney Simpson and his team of dive masters are great with everyone - beginners to very experienced divers alike. I have always felt safe, well cared for and always have a great time on the boat with them!

I HIGHLY recommend Jean-Michel Cousteau for anyone interested in experiencing the best diving in Fiji!!

Visited July 2013
Santa Monica, California
“a great place to learn to dive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I came to the JM Cousteau resort with a large group of friends and family, which included divemasters, experienced divers and complete newbies. To get my open water certification, I completed the online PADI course at home, and did the pool dives and open water dives in Fiji. My instructor, Geoff, was encouraging and pushed me to get comfortable quickly. In fact, we skipped the pool and did our first dive straight off the dock. Doing my "pool dives" in the beautiful clear water, sharing my instructor with only one other student, was certainly better than being crammed in a pool back home with dozens of other divers. My open water dives were just as wonderful, and I was certified within a couple of days.

Once I finished the certification I was able to join the rest of my group for some more advanced dives, including sites at Namena. Having never done scuba before, I was in awe of everything I saw, but even the most experienced divers in my group were impressed with the variety and abundance of marine life. In fact, even my divemaster spotted a fish he had never seen before, after 13 years of diving in Fiji.

The staff at JM Cousteau take excellent care of their guests, and their hard work ensures that all you have to do is relax and enjoy your dive. Everyone we interacted with was professional and friendly, including Geoff, O'nella, Gina, Mere, Rodney and Don. I can't wait to go back!

Visited August 2013
Melbourne
“so disappointing for such a well known name”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We picked Savu Savu purely based on JMC's recommendations as one of the top 10 dive sites in the world. My husband and I are very experienced divers having dived all over the world and this set up was one of the worst I have dived with. For inexperienced divers who are still in awe of being under the sea, there are fish and soft corals and a boat that is in good nick. What they don't tell you is the hurricane last year has badly effected the local reef (where they like to go due to low fuel costs) and there really is not a lot to see. The coral is badly damaged and for half the dive at Mashmallow, we saw only the sandy bottom with the sporadic fish. We spoke with our guide and requested dive sites just outside the reef which were better. We then had a day out at Namena which was the reason we came. With a group of 11 divers and two guides, the site chosen for the first dive was two pinnacles, too small for the group so they were nose to fin and eating bubbles. We actually sat back and let everyone go then enjoyed the dive looking for minutia. After a dive they provide a packet of biscuits for everyone to share and water. Having worked in the industry as a divemaster and an instructor, my expectations were just too high purely because I thought the operation would be run very well due to the JMC name being attached. No one can control hurricanes, rough seas etc but I did expect the operations to be far better than they were. Some have said it was due to the boss not being there, but all I can tell you is they will tout dive sites that do not have much to see, limited briefing if any, and yes they do provide guides but they don't show you anything. Jonny the marine biologist came out on one dive and simply stayed with the one JMC resort guest and showed him everything and then did not show the other 4 divers that had come from other resorts. I also dived with a 12 year old boy who had done a resort dive, no course but then was allowed out on an open water dive with 2 adults and one divemaster. He was at least 5 fins away from the divemaster for most of his dive which made me uncomfortable but this must be ok for JMC resort guests. Wonder if it is for Padi? All in all, very disappointing. If you have more than 30 dives, you may be a little disheartened.

Visited June 2013
Nadi, Fiji
“Professional....But Great Fun !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We dived with Cousteau during our recent stay in Savusavu. The dives were well organised, professionally managed yet with enough freedom to make each dive unique and fun. Even when the weather turned Cousteau quickly re-planned our day to dive within the reef and organised a great night dive. Sharks, barracuda, parrot fish and superb coral gardens. If you want to dive with some of the best in Fiji look no further than Cousteau. Thanks Rodney, Agge, Mere, Grace, Selo and Geoff

Visited June 2013