“Namale is Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Savusavu
Agoura Hills, CA
“Namale is Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

We just returned from our stay at Namale. I have to say this place is truly amazing. The service and the people along with the absolutely beautiful surroundings make it a 5-star resort. Our bure was right above the beautiful beach. We just walked down the steps from our balcony onto the grass and down to the beach. The beach has so much coral and shells with hermit crabs by the water that you need to wear flip-flops. But higher near the lounge chairs you do not. Because of the coral reef right in front of the beach, you cannot really swim there. However, there is a swimming hole on the beach you can swim and snorkel in. For me, this did not really matter. We loved walking the beach and looking at the amazing sea life in the tide pools. There are two pools if you want to swim. You can also arrange to have a picnic lunch anywhere on the property. We loved the one in the cabana on the beach. It was so romantic and beautiful. The resort is very private and there are not a lot of people staying there. The spa is amazing. We did the couples massage and even though it was kind of expensive, it was definately worth it. The food was terrific and the drinks were great. They serve the top of the line champagne and wines. We sat in the jacuzzi one afternoon and went through 4 or 5 bottles of expensive french champagne with a few other couples we met. I would love to return someday.

• Stayed June 2006

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

My wife and I just returned from a week in Namale. Let me just warn you about a couple of things. Most of the reviews posted here appear to by Namale or travel agents.

Although the grounds and staff are nice. The dive shop and food/wine are absolutely horrible and not at all what you would expect in this price range.

We were expecting 5 star cuisine. What we got were average meals with ingredients that tasted second rate or spoiled. For example: beef burgers that appeared to have no beef in them, only filler. "Seared" tuna that was actually some second-rate tuna that was fully cooked. The list goes on and on. To top it off - At least half-a-dozen guests we spoke with left with food poisining as we did.

Wine
Sure. You can drink whatever you like but disregard what the web site says. The wines are all dirt-cheap, unknown, Australian and American wines.

Dive Shop
Let's not even go there. They are knowingly providing divers with bad air. The air is smells bad and any experienced diver will tell you that is an absolute no no. They refused to address this concern and merely stated that they would require an update to their compressor to improve the air.
Management

The Fijians on staff were great and friendly and tried to help. Management was another story. They were condescending, rude, and refused to address any complaints.
In a nutshell - DO NOT GO TO NAMALE. CHOOSE ANOTHER PLACE IN FIJI.

• Stayed June 2006
, Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2006
In response to World Traveller's comments dated 4 July 2006. It is always disappointing to have a dissatisfied customer, as the whole team here at Namale works extremely hard and understands the distances people travel and money they pay to stay with us. We feel privileged that people make the choice over so many destinations to be at Namale.
Unfortunately, it was quite wet during this time and I truly believe this had a big bearing on World Traveller's experience. Other guests here during that period gave me great feedback on the food, wine, diving and spa. Anyone considering a stay with us I would be happy to share all of these comments with you. I addressed each and every issue from World Traveller and attempted to rectify each concern but to no avail. We take the utmost care and professionalism in our dive facility and food and beverage outlets and again, consistently receive great feedback. Thankyou for taking the time to read both sides of the story.
Danielle, Resort Manager.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2006

My husband and I just got married at Namale. I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful it was. Namale is a beautiful resort. The flowers, plants and trees were unbelievable, the animal life was so much fun and the people.. well the Fijian people as a whole, both at the resort and in the villages.. I just cannot say enough good things!! They are the friendliest, warmest, most genuinely sweet people I have ever met.

Our wedding day was absolutely incredible. Every detail was taken care of. We opted for the traditional Fijian wedding package and I would tell anyone wondering which to choose that it is ABSOLUTELY worth the extra cost. My only suggestion to those thinking of getting married here, would be to scope out the place and pick places that you definitely want pictures ahead of time, because on the wedding day we ran out of time and didn't get pictures everywhere we would have liked.

We were fortunate enough to arrive at Namale on the same day as four other couples and we had such a great time with all of them. We truly felt like we had all of our friends right there with us!!

Although in the hot season, having A/C in the bures would have been nice on some days, this was a small thing in light of the many great things. Namale (but Fiji in and of itself as well) is an amazing and wonderful place and I would definitely recommend it! We will be back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2006

We just returned from a week at Namale for our Wedding/honeymoon. The wedding was perfect and the staff was outstanding. Rooms were large and seperate. Activities were fun and we never ran out of things to do. the views were amazing and the location was perfect next to two fijian villiages. This is the best place I have ever stayed and I will go back again and again. Only two negatives would have been the heat (no air conditioning in the room) and that they charged my new wife $4.00 for something to help her bug bites. If I am playing this much for a hotel I think that it would not be too much to ask for them to throw in $4.00 for bug stuff when asked. Overall a great experience. Don't miss this place - it is a once in a lifetime expereince.

• Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2005

My husband and I stayed at Namale in May of '05 for our honeymoon. It was absolutely amazing. We have traveled all over the world and Fiji was one of the places we had not been to yet. We chose Namale because of it being all inclusive (with a great selection of alcohol), beautiful grounds, amazing spa, no kids, great service, limited guests,and many activities. We were very happy we chose it. One of my favorite features were the fresh flowers that we were EVERYWHERE. A woman walks around every day and replaces flowers all throughout the resort. The spa was fabulous. The food was amazing. The menu changes daily and we were never disappointed. When we asked if we could simply snack on some chips the chef let us know that they did not have chips but that he was willing to slice some potatoes and make them from scratch. That is the service you can come to expect at Namale. They were willing to do anything to make your dreams come true. I also enjoyed the fact that every employee of the resort greeted us by our first names every time we saw them. Whether or not it was the manager, gardener, or waitstaff everyone greets you by name. After reading our registration papers the resort found out it was both of our birthdays and had a cake made for each of us and sang to us. It was so nice of them to go that extra mile. I will say that one of the negatives of Namale is the beach. There is not a large white sand beach that you may expect. So if you are looking for that you may want to reconsider. This was not as important to us as the other features of the resort. I must also mention that some people say that the bugs are bad in Fiji, we did not have a problem at all.
It was truely unique and romantic! We look forward to the day when we can return.

• Stayed May 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

I chose Namale after reading the reviewer that stated, " If you have the money go, if not get the money and go." so very true...don't want to tell you to much and ruin the surprise but this is the best place in the world...or at least tied with it.

The staff, food, service, diving, band boys, accomodations, feeling, spa, everything are superb!!

Fiji people are the best...will make you wish the whole world was like them.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2005

Simply put, the place is amazing if you are looking for an incredibly romantic getaway. I have no complaints, only compliments, and would have paid more if I new how good it was going to be. We celebrated our 20th anniversary there, and have travelled extensively. This resort and it's staff are simply awesome.

I'm actually reluctant in writing the review as part of me wants to keep it a secret, but I'm not sure I'd go again as I don't know how it could be topped. If you can afford it, go. If not, find the money and go anyway.

It is also true the people of Fiji are definately the friendliest people on earth.

Bula!

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!