… and that’s no exaggeration. Reading the last few reviews, I think we were members of a large group that consider this one of the top destinations in the world. Where to begin… from arrival to departure, this is an amazing resort.
If you’ve never been to Fiji, the setting is everything you wish Hawaii would be: a lush, tropical paradise without the crowds. The Fijians are truly the warmest, most welcoming people I’ve met (I’ll never forget the random customs guy at the X-ray machine at the airport in Nadi shaking my hand saying Bula, welcome to Fiji!).
I could write a novel about Namale, but suffice it to say that the setting, food, accommodations, adventures, drinks, and most of all the people, are everything you could ever ask for on a honeymoon or romantic getaway. If you’re not happy here, then you’re not capable of being happy! Our highlights: lunch (and a swim) at the waterfall, our amazing oceanfront room, Siti’s killer drinks, kayaking and paddleboarding (ask for directions to the “river” or find it yourself), and the evening cultural experiences. Don’t be afraid of kava, just clap once and go for it! We opted to stay local and declined the excursions into town, just because the resort is so amazing that we didn’t want to leave. Seriously, if you’re lucky enough to have heard of this place and are considering it for a honeymoon or whatever, look no further, you’ve found what you’re looking for.
A bit of advice if you go: trust me, you’ll want to say thank you to each and every staff member you meet at Namale for their amazing hospitality. We’d heard a suggestion to bring bags of candy (Halloween style) as a small gift, as it’s difficult to obtain here and the kids love it. We brought some but wished we’d filled our suitcases! We had also heard that medical supplies are appreciated in the villages.
A huge thanks to all of the Namale staff for making this place what it is. We can’t wait to get back, even if it might be a few years. Vinaka!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the edge of the Koro Sea on volcanic uplifts is the luxuriously all-inclusive boutique Namale Resort & Spa. Located 10 minutes outside of Savusavu Town on the northern fringes of the Fiji Islands, paradise is within your reach. Namale is nestled among 525 acres of lush tropical flora and offers an authentically Fijian experience to its guests. Namale’s 19 units of luxurious accommodation feature traditional Fijian architecture with modern influences and are each unique unto themselves. Dining is never a dull experience at Namale with its many private dining decks and outdoor locales including the base of Namale’s privately owned waterfall. Namale houses a one-of-a-kind indoor entertainment centre and a fully-equipped fitness centre which are complimentary for guests’ use. Namale also offers an array of activities for guests to enjoy including horseback riding, kayaking, snorkeling, knee-boarding, nature excursions, Fijian village visits and so much more! Guests are also able to access two world-renowned diving sites; the Namena Reserve and Somosomo Strait. The jewel of Namale is its award-winning Spa & Sanctuary. Noted as the "#1 Spa in Fiji" by Luxury Spa Finder Magazine, the Spa features a hydrotherapy room housing 7 different treatment pools including aromatherapy tubs, a waterfall massage pool, hot tub and plunge pool. The hydrotherapy room has ceiling to floor glass walls that take in breathtaking views of the Koro Sea and Pacific Ocean beyond. All bures feature cordless intercom phones, spacious clothing & luggage storage, mini-safes, souvenir Namale sarongs, fully stocked mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities, Pure Fiji amenities, hairdryers, mini hi-fi players with I-Pod docking, iron/ironing board, complimentary wi-fi internet access and full air-conditioning. “Namale was a place for us like no other. My wife, daughter and I will treasure (our stay here) for the rest of our lives. The staff, the resort, and the breezes at night are unique and very special”- Ken Nolan, Motion Picture Screenwriter – Blackhawk Down*Namale Resort & Spa does not hold a minimum night stay policy and is able to accommodate children 12 years of age and above. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namale The Fiji Islands Hotel Savusavu
- Namale The Fiji Islands Resort And Spa
- Namale Hotel Savusavu
- Namale The Fiji Islands Resort & Spa Savusavu