“Fiji for a wedding.... Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hibiscus Highway, Savusavu, Vanua Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Savusavu
Newport Beach
“Fiji for a wedding.... Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were invited to be a part of a wedding that was taking place at Namale. With over 100 guests attending, the travel agent, Melissa Pomeroy from Fiji Vacations, had her work cut out for her. Well she did great and it was flawless for the whole crowd! The resort was breathtaking! Our whole experience was indescribable. We were taken care of like we were royalty. My favorite part was arriving to the resort with the staff singing to us as we exited the car and then also as we left to go home. I can not express how genuinely nice the Fijians are. For example, I was a little hesitant bringing my 8 month old baby with us considering my husband and I were apart of the wedding and would need some childcare. I was informed by our travel agent that the bride had set up some Fijian Nannys to help out. When we met our nanny "Koto", it was love at first sight. She was so good and loving to our baby that we wanted to take her home with us and cried when we had to leave her.

The Villas were dreamy! I had the opportunity to visit a few of them and they were all breathtaking! They are all different and amazing in their own ways. My husband loved calling for a "bula cart" which was a golf cart that would take you to where you needed to go. The food was delicious, the grounds were beautiful, the staff amazing, snorkeling was breathtaking, the list goes on!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Bula Vinaka and thank you for your review.

When it comes to weddings, we refer to ourselves as the Dream Team as we are able to turn wedding dreams into a reality. Thank you for being part of this wedding and once again we are delighted to read that your experience was memorable. We truly appreciate this review.

** A note to readers, we only allow children under the age of 12 based on a resort buy out and full time nanny care.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Namale is amazing. Rather than repeating what has been said many times in other reviews: fantastic staff, excellent food and accommodation (all true) I thought I'd try and capture the experience we had during our seven day stay because a factual description of the resort alone does not do it justice.

We picked Namale based on our travel agent's recommendation and TripAdvisor reviews. Fiji has a lot of resorts and she came up with three options - Namale was in the middle of the pack price-wise but certainly not cheap. Her advice was that as food & beverage tends to be expensive in Fiji, all-inclusive Namale would be a good choice. In addition, prior clients had raved about it. She was right.

Looking back on the stay, beyond the obvious beauty of the resort I think it was a collection of 100 small and large things that made the experience as great as it was, Here's our top ten, in no particular order.

1. We arrived early - 8am - on check in day (check in is 4pm). Normally this means cooling your heels somewhere in a lobby. Not so at Namale - we were graciously set up for a private breakfast overlooking the water, a detailed property tour and then lunch, at which point our room was ready and we were shown to it.
2. We were relaxing out at the beach (alone) one day when a staff member stopped by to see if we'd like lunch. We said yes, and before we knew it he walked out menus from the resort restaurant, took our order and then set up a beautiful private dining area close by.
3. A special breakfast at the waterfall.
4. A surprise upgrade to a beautiful villa (more like a compound) with large wraparound infinity pool.
5. The property managers who hung out with guests at cocktail hour.
6. Staff who knew our first names within the first day. Groundskeepers who got star fruit out of the trees and served them just because we were curious.
7. Thoughtful nightly entertainment and meaningful culture visits.
8. A staff member who spotted I had a sore shoulder (I didn't think it was noticeable) and spontaneously suggested a stretching exercise to help it (it did).
9. Hudson who kept a constant eye on guest satisfaction.
10. A beautiful and amazing spa with incredibly warm and genuine staff.

The list goes on. Some of these things might seem minor but it's really hard to describe the experience. Overall, everyone there was highly intuitive - figuring out what we wanted even before we knew we needed it. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Get a full property tour on arrival. Don't wing it - there's so much to see and do you won...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula Vinaka and thank you for your review.

We are humbled to hear that you have more than echoed the sentiments of other reviewers before you. Namale offers an amazing experience and we thank you for not only selecting us. but for allowing us to look after you and showcase the warmth, friendliness and anticipatory nature of our staff. We are 1 big family with our every intention to make sure that all our guests are very well looked after and cared for.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is just OK, there is nothing phenomenal about it and it just absolutely defeats me how the other reviewers are claiming this place to be amazing.

Value for money of the accommodation provided is worthless, i dont believe the luxuriousness of the room meets the price of the room. I paid USD 1325 (excluding tax) per night for the Nanise bure, now the way i look at it, i could have got a room in one of the other more luxurious resorts for around 800-1000 USD per night and then spent 300-500 USD per day on the food and drinks, i am basing this calculation on assuming USD 20 per drink. And i reckon that if i had spent USD1000 per night i would have got a very luxurious room most definitely more luxurious than Nanise. So all in all i could have been spending the same amount as i did at Namale (possibly less) at a much better resort. And lets be honest spending USD 300-500 per day on drinks and food is an indulgence. So when i compare this with USD1325 i dont think it was worth the money, maybe if i had got a garden bure at USD975, then the all inclusiveness would be worth it since all drinks and food is inclusive, but when you are on your honeymoon you want the best room possible at the budget you have formed and in hindsight if the Nanis Bure was not even luxurious, i cant even imagine what poor state the garde bure would be in. We did not think Nanise was very luxurious, to be honest it looked exactly like a villa we stayed in at www.divekbr.com for which we payed a total of 1250 for 7 nights back in 2011 ( do read my review of that place which was absolutely brilliant). so when i paid USD 1325 per night i am expecting something phenomenal but we were very very disappointed at the luxuriousness of the villa. The pool was a nice touch but i dont think it is worth the extra 300 bucks per night and it is not possible to use it at night, as if we are to turn the light on then it attracted every single insect. There were one occasion where the sheets had stains on them. It defeats me how this Bure got voted as the best honeymoon bure

I rated the food quality as 2 out 5 since the food was a hit and miss, there were days where the food was fantastic and served hot but on many occasions the food was well below par and at best served luke warm. I was especially disappointed with the breakfast, the eggs benedict was always served cold. The poached egg was over cooked (poached eggs are supposed to be runny but it was served more like a boiled egg). We had the eggs benedict 3 times and for the second and third time we asked them to tell the chef to make it runny but it always came overcooked and cold and i even remember once it was not even served with the Hollondaise sauce!! The breakfast menu is extremely light and to be honest the only thing we liked on the menu was the Pineapple crepes. The dinner menu is non-existent, they give you a choice of 3 main courses for dinner and this is extremely risky since there is a 33% probability that the guest might not like one of the three choices and that happened to me at least 4 times on the trip (out of a 7 night trip). It was quite disappointing that after paying so much money, i am left with three choices for dinner and i dont like any of them. I could have just asked them to make me a pasta off the menu, but i am paying through my nose for this i expect the chef to put some thought into what he is going to give me off the menu. I had to explain to them exactly how to make the sauce. I was left very very disappointed with the food. Sticking with F & B, the drinks and cocktails were the saving grace ( a part from the service, which i will get to later), the bar tenders know how to make their cocktails and tasty as well and free flowing ( well it is all inclusive!!)

So lets recap, so far Room is very disappointing, food is very disappointing,these two make up for very important constituents of an enjoyable honeymoon.

Now lets get to the activitie - s SCUBA diving teh diving is not the best in the world i enjoyed the diving better in Indonesia and Phillipines - but hey that is not Namales fault). My problems with the Dive centre - Firstly, the first day we were to go diving the boat was scheduled to leave at 830, my wife and I are always punctual. We were at the Dive shop at 825 and the boat only left at 930, since we were waiting for some other bunch of people to show up. You may say that we were on Fiji time, and the atmosphere is relaxed etc., and you dont follow strict timetables and schedules. But from our perspective, we were on our honeymoon and we made an effort to wake up early and would expect that our time be valued. We dive ALOT around asia and all the dive resorts have scheduled times and the boat will always leave at the scheduled time. So the Dive boat should have left on time, i appreciate that you are are trying to cater to all your guests but in such a situation by catering to all the guests would mean to leave on time for the guests that are waiting. If there is a staggered departure time then make it clear that the dive boat can leave anytime between 830 and 930 and then call the guests back to the dive shop 10 minutes before you are scheduled to leave and if they dont show up then dont wait just leave with the people who are already on the boat. I was not very happy sitting in that dive shop for an hour waiting for someone to show up (who eventually decided not to come). So when you guys say that the dive boat is going to leave at 830 or 9, then please leave on time to respect the time of the people who made an effort to show up on time.

The second reason why i was not happy with the diving was because on my second dive in Namena reserve, my tank started with only 2000PSI. I am not used to the US conventions and the tanks i dive with are usually measured in bar, so i assumed that 2000 PSI = 200 BAR probably my mistake for not confirming this as well, but as a dive shop it is you guys who should be making sure that all the tanks have been filled up to 3000 PSI before putting that tank on the boat. Ok fine ill give the benefit of doubt that that was a genuine oversight, but what really cheesed me off was that while i was running out of air (i was down to 10 on the gauge) the dive guide was still busy trying to point out to the other divers the marine life etc and when i pointed out that i had only 10PSI left instead of making our way to the top, he got his secondary regulator ready in hand to give it to me and continued to point stuff out. When on the boat, i asked them what is the starting air pressure and they told me it is 3000 PSI and i told them i started with 2000 PSI all i got in reply was "Oh, Do you want to go down again". that being said the dive guides are a fun lot, but still does not make up for this. They had other activities and like paddle boarding, banana boats etc and the guys were very nice about that, i guess you cant do much wrong with these simple activities.

Now lets get to the beach, oops what beach!! this is not a beach, if you are looking for white sand beaches then and an ocean you want to swim into then DO NOT come here . If you want to get gutted by some corals then yes you can swim here. I only realised very very late in the game that there is no beach, during my reservation process, i kept asking where are the white sand beaches that pacific islands are famous for and they kept saying outside my bure there is a stretch. yes it is a stretch, but equivalent to 150 metres of beach.

Apart the from the drinks the otehr saving grace was the Service, there is not a single bad thing i can say about it. The staff is absolutley phenomenal, i dont think i heard the word NO once in my 7 night stay. I remember one day we were in our private pool and we told the staff to keep bringing us a set of pinacoladas every 20 minutes and lo and behold, every 20 minutes he would return with a set of pina coladas for us.

The SPA was quite good and the massages were very very relaxing, very overpriced but still relaxing. But they have one CD with One song which is on repeast form the time they open to till the time they close. I went crazy, felt like i was getting brainwashed.

But the service alone cannot make up everything else that was lacking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill K, General Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I must say that all of us here at Namale were a bit surprised to see this review based on your honeymoon stay with us 7 months ago. In hopes of explaining to those who may be reading this, upon checking out from Namale, we ask guests if they would please fill out a survey-questionnaire about their stay here with us. The feedback we receive is extremely valuable to us in our efforts to constantly improve our guest’s experience. The survey has 23 questions where we ask guests to rate their experience from 1 – 10 with 10 being the best. Questions cover all aspects of a guest’s stay from Accommodations to Food, Service, Activities, our Spa, and our Staff. What has us puzzled is that the feedback we received from you in regards to numerical scores when you were kind enough to fill out your survey back in January does not really seem consistent with how you have scored things here in your review on Trip Advisor ?
Of the 23 total categories in the Namale survey, you had rated 14 of them at 10 out of 10. Since Trip Advisor(TA) utilizes a 1 – 5 scoring system, an 8 for example on our Namale survey you would equate to 4 in TA. For ease of comparison I’ll convert all of your Namale survey scores to their Trip Advisor equivalent. As far as your accommodations in Nanise Bure, on the survey you ranked the cleanliness, amenities, and your overall satisfaction at 4/5 (4 out of 5). Yet here on Trip Advisor you scored it at 2 ? In regards to Food, you had rated the Quality and your overall Dining Experience at 3.5/5 and our menu options at 3/5. Here on Trip Advisor you graded it at 2. The Food Service and the 3 categories that came under Beverages however you rated all at 5/5. In your review you spoke about limited menu options however, in all fairness, the dinner menus at Namale do offer 4 different Main Courses each evening in addition to a local Fijian “Special” for a total of 5 menu options each dinner service. As I’m sure you will recall, the menu changes each night which means that over the course of your stay there were more than 30 different dinner menu choices that included Steaks, Lobster, Fish, Prawns, Lamb, and numerous Vegetarian options. In addition, we always welcome special dinner requests from our guests that are “off the menu”. We seem to be in agreement when it came to Service at Namale. Both here, and on our survey you ranked Service at 5/5. Actually, you crossed out the 5 and wrote in 50/5 ! At the time we made a point of sharing that with the staff and they were very appreciative.
Here on Trip Advisor you rated Namale’s location at a 2. On our survey you rated the Namale Grounds at 5/5. Trip Advisor has a category for Sleep Quality which you rated at 3. The closest category on Namale’s survey would be Room Amenities which you rated at 4/5. Trip Advisor also asks for a Cleanliness score which you put at 3. The survey you submitted to us was a 4/5 score.
When it came to activities you rated your SCUBA Diving experience at 3.5/5 and all other Watersports and Activities 5/5. I do remember the day that the dive boat departed an hour late due to the late arrival of other guests. You are 100% correct when you say that the boat should have departed on time. As a direct result of what occurred that day a new policy had been implemented in regards to prompt departures of scheduled trips. We now have a 15 min grace period (only) for pre-scheduled guests who may be running late . Regarding that specific trip, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Your time is valuable and it should have been respected.
Our final survey question inquired about Value for Money and you did rate this at 3/5. Certainly not a score we would boast about, however, as part of this review you rated the Value at 1 ? Based on the survey you submitted to us, and limiting the comparison to the 5 or 6 categories that correspond with Trip Advisor categories, your average score for Namale was roughly 4/5 (a bit higher actually but we’ll call it a 4). Yet here on Trip Advisor you rated your overall Namale experience at 2 ?
When asked on the survey whether you would recommend Namale to your family and friends you wrote down YES, you would. When asked if you would like to mention any staff members in particular that gave you outstanding service you simply wrote down “All of them”. Finally, the only other written comment that you left us with at that time was “Thank You for a Memorable Honeymoon !! “
Here at Namale we also have a policy of following up with a guest should they grade any of our categories at 7/10 or below. We emailed you asking for additional feedback on those scores and you responded back to us a week or so after your stay. In that message you shared much of the same information that you have provided in the above review. If I may, I’d also like to share your closing paragraph in the response email you sent to us
You wrote “……………..All that being said, the service at Namale completely blew us away. There was not a single occasion when we heard no, or our request was refused. Each and every staff went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable, which is why we rated the service at "100!" (or 50/5). To be honest, the level of service has kind of spoilt us, and we'll be looking for the same level of service wherever we go, and I'm not so sure we'll get it. :) Kudos to the staff at Namale! …………..Also, appreciate that you wrote to us to understand our views better………..”
I hope this helps to explain why we were so surprised by this review score. I’m not sure what may have caused you to change your mind about your experience at Namale over the 7 months since you have been here but it appears, at least now, that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. For that please accept our apologies and we hope that at some point in the future that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you.
Bill Keefe
Co-General Manager
The Namale Resort & Spa
Winchester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

When you think of what paradise would be you may have an image in your mind of palm trees, and nice weather, and perhaps a little drink with an umbrella in it. You envision those pictures you see on TV. Namale is the type of place that makes you rethink what paradise really is. The resort is full of lush flowered walk ways, perfectly maintained gardens and beautiful fields. It is very well kept. When we got there we were greeted by a group of singing staff members playing a ukelele. Everyone has their own place to stay. It is not a "hotel" You can make Namale your own private paradise, or mingle with other guests. Oh, and they only can accommodate I believe 20--26 guests at a time, so it is never overcrowded. The beach: probably about half a mile long, and about every 500 feet are two very comfortable beach chairs, cushioned chaise lounges with an umbrella, plus a few hammocks. When I was a little kid,before Namale was even around, I had had dreams of what I thought would be a really awesome beach. You would walk through a grassy field with palm trees all over the place, and a few hundred feet in would be a nice white sand beach, and what do you know, that is exactly what the Namale Beach is like. The food was amazing, and changed everyday. Because it is all inclusive, and they are not rushing you in and out to get more "business" you are not rushed through dinner. You go in, sit in these big comfortable couches, order a bottle of wine, or some cocktails, talk with others as you over look the Koro Sea before dinner. It is a very relaxed atmosphere, When you eat it is almost like you are eating with your family in a big summer cabin overlooking the ocean. Our bure was stocked with cookies, beer, wine, water, and snacks everyday. When they saw that we were not drinking the red wine in the room, they gave us two or three bottles of white. The room (Tatoka) was set atop an eighty foot cliff that over looked the Koro Sea. If you lay in the bed and looked forward you are looking right out into the South Pacific. The They paid close attention to detail. Some of the other things that really impressed us was we were walking down the walkway to breakfast and a maintenance crew member said to us, Enjoy your spa treatment today Danielle and Chris, and we had not told anyone that we were going to the Spa that day. They just knew because the communication between staff is better than anything I had every experienced. When you are on the beach and you ask for a bottle of beer and a glass of wine, you get four beers and bottle of wine. I am very afraid of bees, and there were some around our honeymoon bure, they sprayed outside everyday to keep the bees away. We got the Sunset Bliss Spa package, and it was the best thing I had ever done. Very Relaxing. The waterfall lunch is definitely something that everyone must do. However a little word of caution. If you are going in the water with your wedding ring, make sure it is on snug, cause the water coming down is very cold. It shrunk my fingers, and my ring fell of in the waterfall. I panicked, it almost ruined my trip, but when we went back to the Dive Shop, and asked Sam if we could borrow a snorkel and mask, Sam got his scuba gear, we went back to the waterfall and he found it for me in 20 seconds. There are plenty of cool activities to do there like snorkeling, coconut school, and bowling. The blowhole is awesome, when you go to Namale, get a waterproof camera around sunset, and spend some time having fun at the blowhole. It is an amazing natural occurrence. Some activities are open 24/7. They gave us reef walking shoes, so we could walk on the reef safely without getting cut up. On our last night, without asking us, the staff set up a special private dinner at the beach near the dive shop. Going into town was awesome. Think of when you go to other places in America, or other places in the world, how the public looks at tourists. When my wife and I went into town, we saw a group of guys standing on the street corner, They approached us, said, "bula" and were interested in everything we had to say, Everyone is genuinely welcoming, they were not putting on an act.

Namale is a not like any place I had ever been before. It is what I would think Heaven on Earth would be. We carved our cement block "Houreas Honeymoon 8-9-12" and asked to have it placed near the dive shop to show our appreciation to Sam for helping me find my wedding ring in the waterfall. I am starting a family now, however whenever I am stressed or need a place to escape to Namale will be in my thoughts, and sometime in the future we will be back there to relive all the wonderful memories.

SOTA TALE!

Room Tip: Each room has there own charm. If you can't get a room that you saw on the website because it is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Bula Vinaka and thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you were able to travel to Heaven on Earth and that our Fijian angels were able to be of service to you. We love nothing more than looking after our guests and ensuring that they have an amazing experience.

Namale is a place of love and happiness. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We absolutely loved the time we spent on our honeymoon at Namale resort and spa! This place is truly special. There is SO much to do at the resort and everyone goes above and beyond to cater to your needs.

Our first breakfast was spent at the blowhole deck which was incredible. Amazing views and very, very private. We also had breakfast at the lover's deck with a private dining area and hot tub. Also very serene with amazing views of the sea and the reefs. You can pretty much eat anywhere you want around the resort and they will arrange to bring your meals to you. We also ate at the beach hut one day for lunch, in the game room when it rained one afternoon, at the spa in the hydrotherapy room...the choices are endless! The cave dinner on the beach was just awesome and a Namale must do. There are so many options for private dining which are really romantic. And the food - oh the food is just awesome!! We never had a meal we didn't thoroughly enjoy. The island pancakes and grilled pineapple crepes were out of this world delicious. The breads, the fruit, the drinks - everything was 100% 5 star and fantastic! The waitstaff and bartenders were so wonderful and worked so hard to make sure we were happy at every meal. We just absolutely LOVED the food. Great size portions and always cooked just how we wanted it.

Horseback riding with Jessi on the beach and through the coconut plantations was such an exciting experience. My husband had never been on a horse before and I hadn't been riding since I was a little kid. We had such a great time doing this together. The game room was so much fun for us too. We played ping pong, pool and air hockey nearly every day and the 3D golf simulator is really cool too. Plus there's an indoor basketball court in the conference center and a few TV's around the resort where you can watch movies if you feel like being indoors for a while.

We were in the Siga bure (which means Sunshine) and we absolutely loved, loved, loved our room!!! It was super clean and had amazing views of the sea from our floor to ceiling windows. It was also in a very private location and it was really easy to take the bula cart anywhere we wanted to go around the resort. We were really close to the spa which was great because we spent nearly every day in the hydrotherapy room (which is free and totally awesome). We also had three treatments while we were there since we had received spa gifts from our friends and family as wedding presents. Namale has a honeymoon registry website which is really cool!! If you're going there on your honeymoon, I totally recommend setting this up through the Namale website. We had two couples massages. We did the sunset bliss one night which was AMAZING. We pretty much had the spa all to ourselves and when we got there, the room was decorated with flowers spelling out our names. We had champagne and snacks during our foot soak, then enjoyed a 90 minute fushion massage (combo of deep tissue, swedish and hot stones) and then there was a super romantic dinner waiting in our room afterwards. They also run specials each day for the spa which I highly recommend taking advantage of. We got an awesome wellness therapy (energy treatment) for half price and an additional thirty minutes for free on our first couples massage. And the spa is just fabulous. It's clean and a calm environment. The products they use left my skin so soft and the ladies working at the spa are just wonderful. Honestly - best massages I have ever received in my life and I am a major spa junky!! Mere and Mere, Shivani, Pau and Peniana - you ladies were the best!!

Another Namale must do is the trip on Tuesdays to an authentic Fijian village. This was quite possibly the highlight of the trip for us. The Fijian people are so incredibly welcoming and friendly and we were so fortunate to be able to see what life is like in the village. We experienced a traditional Kava ceremony, toured the village, sampled authentic Fijian foods and danced and sang with the men, women and children in the Bagata Village. It is something you truly won't understand unless you experience it yourself, so if you are fortunate enough to get to Namale one day, definitely go on this tour!!

And last but certainly not least - the people at Namale are beyond wonderful. EVERYONE, and I mean everyone that works at Namale is so friendly, polite and hardworking. Every single person takes the time to stop and say, "Bula" and ask how your day is going. The people we met on our trip truly made our honeymoon better than we could have ever imagined. A very special and sincere thank you to Wise, Sitiveni, Kelepi, Sam, Tai, Mere and Mere at the spa, Rosie, Margie, Filo, Desmond, Shivani, Pau and Peniana, Paul, Sam and Lai over at the dive shop, Hudson, Bill and Fluffy...I'm sure I am forgetting a few people but you were ALL amazing and will hold a very special place in our hearts forever and ever!! We cannot wait to come back for our anniversary sometime in the near future and spend some more quality time with our Namale family. Vinaka and Sota Tale! Until we meet again!

Room Tip: Siga was an amazing room with incredible views of the Koro Sea. Highly recommend this bure!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Bula Vinaka and thank you so much for your review.

We love the fact that you managed to try so many services that Namale has to offer. From our spa, to beach dining to horseback riding and interacting with our staff, we are absolutely delighted that we were able to meet your expectations.

Thank you so much for choosing Namale.

Az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Tony you should be ashamed! Just spent 8 nights at the resort at roughly $1700 per night after 8k in business class transportation from the US. So not a cheap adventure. What we found was far less than what we expected and not even in the realm of reality for the price paid. The resort is beautiful but is in need of repair in almost every area. On the surface it is clean but the little things add up after a week. The 5 star spa has cracked glass in the ocean view windows that need to be cleaned, missing tiles in the pool and soaking tanks and a spa with no working jets. The game room has a broken air hockey table, two bowling lanes that were not working, a pool table with holes in the corner pocket leather causing the balls to drop to the floor, a broken table tennis table. But hay who goes to a resort for the Spa or the game room. Well we thought the food would be 5 star and were wrong again. The food was plentiful but basic. With only 20 or so guests while we were there you would think it would be fast or even efficient service but that was not the case. Average wait time for meal service was 30 minutes and not impressive in quality maybe 3-4 star. So let me move onto the nightly entertainment. On Sunday it was a local Church choir, not bad but not entertainment. The next night was three teenage boys and two adolescent girls maybe 12 years old doing an exotic dance. Just a little uncomfortable and although local culture a waste for entertainment. The rest of the week was more of the same. It looked like the General Manager took the entertainment budget and pocketed it. So we didn’t go for the entertainment, the food, the spa and this resort does not have a beach to speak of. We went because we thought Tony would have it all together. Well not so much. It looks like they built Namale to exploit the local people (which were great) and ride on Tony Robins good reputation. Somebody is a sleep at the helm, I would have mentioned it to the GM but he never introduced himself to us and just ducked out when we made eye contact. Save your money because anywhere would be better than this. Week ending July 13th2013

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Bula Vinaka and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Namale here on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your comments and can assure you that they are being looked into very seriously. We value constructive feedback from our guests. This helps us to constantly evaluate and improve our “guest experience”. On behalf of our entire staff, please accept our apologies for failing to meet your expectations of Namale. Our staff pride themselves on delivering a level of service that meets and exceeds the needs of our guests and it seems that in this case we did not accomplish that goal.

We of course strive to anticipate the needs of our guests and address any issues that may arise in advance. That having been said, there will always be infrequent occasions when guests will come across something that may not be 100%. Our staff also pride themselves on responding very quickly when guests bring these things to our attention. Further to that, our General Manager sends a personalized note to each guest upon arrival that not only welcomes them to Namale, but encourages guests to communicate with him directly if there is anything about their stay that is not exactly the way they would like it. We have no record other than the feedback form that you filled out for us on your departure day that you were having any issues with your stay. We only wish that we had been made aware sooner so that the staff could have addressed the challenges you were having. Nevertheless, please let me assure you that your feedback is very important to us.

Both the General Managers and I take time to check in with our guests throughout each day, and, in the evenings during the pre-dinner cocktail hour. It’s very informal and we often find, there are times when many of our guests are very engaged in conversation with others. Out of politeness, we will refrain from interrupting on those occasions. This may have been the case for you not meeting our General Manager(s). The management of Namale is very “hands on” and accessible. Our General Managers play an active role in the day to day operations of the resort and interact proactively with both guests and staff.

With reference to our nightly entertainment, we proudly offer an experience that is both authentic and a reflection of Fiji’s diverse culture. We invite members of our Namale family (staff) who have talents in the areas of music, dance, and historic culture to perform for our guests during the nightly pre-dinner cocktail hour. The overwhelming majority of our guests have enjoyed these short performances immensely and have shared with us that these have been an unexpected highlight of their stay with us. There has never been a claim that these were “professional entertainers” putting on a “show”. The costumes that are worn for our Indo-Fijian performers, our Polynesian Dance Group, and our Village Meke performance are true reflections of the culture they represent. To date, we had never received any guest feedback that either the costumes, nor the performances themselves were either inappropriate nor made anyone feel uncomfortable. That having been said, based on the comments you shared with us on your feedback form we have reviewed all of the performances and some minor adjustments have been implemented for some of our younger performers. We must however take exception to your suggestion that “Management must be pocketing the entertainment budget”. Peoples likes and dislikes are of course subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinion. We do feel however that this statement crosses a line and actually comes across as a somewhat derogatory comment about the talent of the performers themselves. While the performers are not “professionals”, Namale does honor their time and talents. Honorarium payments are made to all performing groups that help them to continue their training and performance art in their respective areas.

Tastes and preferences in the area of food and beverages is again, subjective. Whenever a guest has a less than outstanding experience here at Namale in any area, we look closely to see what we could have done better. Your comments in both your feedback form and here in Trip Advisor are taken very seriously and have been discussed with our F&B (Food & Beverage) team. Again, we only wish that we would have been made aware of this during your stay. Addressing it immediately to make it right for you. I also feel compelled to share that based on feedback from other guests who were here at Namale over the same time period, most (if not all) were extremely happy with their dining experience and scored those areas exceptionally high on their respective feedback forms. This takes nothing away from your individual experience. We just wish we had been given the opportunity make any necessary adjustments while you were still here.

Regarding some of your other comments/feedback about Namale. Part of our property is situated on 250 acres of oceanfront property that accommodates a maximum of 44 guests at any one time. On any given day we have 130 staff supporting those 44 guests. The property itself has in excess of 30 stand-alone buildings, bures, villas, and structures that our maintenance team is constantly maintaining and upgrading. With a property such as this, maintenance is a constant and on-going endeavour. Some projects can be addressed immediately, others must be scheduled around occupancy and guest needs. We must balance keeping things at 100% against negatively impacting a guest’s vacation by closing or shutting down a major Namale feature (such as our Spa) to immediately complete an “elective” repair. To address a specific example, you made mention of Namale’s bowling alley and that based on your experience it was always “broken down”. One of the things that makes Namale special is the wide range of unique and exciting activities we have available for our guests. The two regulation sized 10 Pin Bowling Lanes that Namale has in its Kava Bowl Game Room are in fact the only Bowling Lanes in all of Fiji. Bowling Alleys by their nature are subject to pin jams. We have two guest phones installed at Kava Bowl for guests to use for the sole purpose of reporting issues with any of the games (and for ordering room service). Once reported, issues with the bowling lanes are usually resolved within 5 minutes. In a perfect world, everything would operate perfectly 100% of the time. Shy of that, the Namale staff takes pride in responding promptly and effectively when challenges arise.

All-in-all we see Namale as a place of love and happiness with amazingly friendly, efficient, and accommodating staff. We pride ourselves on turning dreams into a reality for our guests. We are saddened that we were unable to show you a similar experience. We do however thank you for choosing Namale and sharing your experience with everyone. We hope that the possibility exists for you to return to Namale at some point in the future and give us another opportunity to truly experience what we have to offer.

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We truly cherished our stay at the all inclusive Namale resort. Be it drinks, food or entertainment; all of it was included. The Nanise Honeymoon bure where we stayed for 2nights and Civa Pearl villa where we stayed in for the last night was THE PLACE one would dream to stay. They truly give us an experience which shall stay with us forever. Each meal was made special for us incl the location they set for us. There was so much of flexibility offered - we could have all our meals at our own time. Namale team took total care in all aspects and made us feel so so special. You guys are amazing and we had one of the best vacations we could ever dream of.

Room Tip: The NANISE honeymoon bure on the top of the rock is truly amazing. The CIVA PEARL villa is an absolu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Paras and Roopal,

Bula and thank you for this review.
We truly appreciate the time that you took to write this review. Namale is a place of love, relaxation, and anticipatory service! Thank you for taking the time to stay with us.

Cherish the Memories!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!