“Keeps Getting Even Better !” 5 of 5 stars

Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hibiscus Highway, Savusavu, Vanua Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Savusavu
Sydney
“Keeps Getting Even Better !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

They say you can always tell how good an operation is when it is under pressure or working under difficulties. When the going gets tough, the tough get going-thats Namale.
Well, this week has certainly been one of those weeks, where the weather hasn't cooperated at all but has only caused problems. Namale functioned perfectly.
It is true to say therefore that all of the Staff and Management did a great job under adversity, and should all to be congratulated, Joe in the Kitchen provided superb meals including our Fijian favourites, Kokoda, Palusami and Coral Trout, Sam kept the Wine coming when called on and all the staff, including Filo and Filo "Plus", Margie, Alisi,Desmond, Bali, Louisa etc, etc looked after us wonderfully in the Restaurant.
David in IT was of enormous help, (we had a bit of a problem with the Movies initially), and the Shows with the Kava Boys Band, the Meke and the 2 new Shows with the Indo-Fijian Folk and the Polynesian Dancers were a great addition.
Arieta our Housekeeper and her Team did a great job keeping the Dream House perfect, out thanks to them as well.
We think without doubt Namale is the # Resort in Fiji, and as it is truly "ALL Inclusive", with no hidden extra's, unless it is a Tour where outside Transportation of Fee's must be Paid by the Resort, but these Excursions are great value.
A great place to take a well earned Holiday.

Room Tip: They are good, but treat yourself to Civa or Duavata
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Geoff and Dorothy,
Thank you traveling back to you home - Namale - for the 4th year in a row! We love looking after you both and love that you have been able to feel and experience the difference in the Namale experience. We're excited about your next trip home and we look forward to have you both return for your 5th stay.

With Love from your family at Namale,

Hudson Mitchell on behalf of the Namale family
Namale Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Alexandria, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

BEST VACATION OF OUR LIVES! My husband and I went here for our honeymoon in October 2012. From the start everything was perfect. We arrived to the staff singing to us & 2 cold tropical drinks in the reception area. One of the dive shop staff members also was there to meet us since we inquired about going on dives. We were given a tour of the grounds by the general manager. She gave us recommendations on where to have special dinners/lunches set up, etc.

Our Bure: We stayed in Totoka. I would recommend this one to everyone. It sits back in the trees with a deck that overlooks the lava rock. The deck also leads to a “public” pool. But we did not see anyone in it the entire week. The staff kept the bure immaculate and were super friendly. We sent an email prior to our stay requesting certain items be stocked in our mini-bar. Every single item was there…..and they kept it continuously stocked. I did hear someone complain about a garden bure being very outdated and they had asked to be moved to another one. The staff did so and the guest said that it was much better. That is the only complaint that I heard the entire time.

The Spa: Wonderful!! My first trip there was due to a fall on the steps going to the dive shop. The nurse rushed to me and put ice on my ankle. She told me to go to the spa (complimentary) and have them work on it. The spa staff was amazing. They make you feel so relaxed and welcome. My next trip to the spa was for a couples message. Again, I would totally recommend. We started out on the deck overlooking the ocean and received a foot massage. Then the full body massage…….just wonderful!

The Food: Amazing!! Your options are to eat at the dining house, have it brought to your room or have a “special” dinner set up at a different location. Every time that we went to the dining house, we were met by at least 2 or 3 staff members who knew us by name, asked how we were, showed us the menu, asked what we would like to drink, etc. Our first dinner was lobster….it was a huge portion and tasted amazing. The menu included a variety and was always very good. And if you wanted something that wasn’t on the menu you just asked. My husband asked for onion rings one night and they made those . And….your drink is NEVER empty!

The Staff: I can’t say enough about the Namale staff. They treat you like family. Again….everyone knows your name. Everyone is always smiling and making sure that you are as well. I did not meet one unfriendly person….not one!

Scuba Diving: We received our diving certifications before going to Namale. It was worth it! The diving here is amazing. The water is so blue, I have never seen anything like it. The diving staff was extremely friendly, had everything well organized and made sure that you were relaxed and having a great time. The scuba equipment that we used was new. They would take you wherever you requested to see whatever you wanted.

I remember the feeling that came over me our first day there. I loved it. I loved the atmosphere, the people….everything! We have decided to go back every 5 years. We would go back more often if there wasn’t a 14 hour flight! Thank you Namale for THE PERFECT HONEYMOON!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bula and thank you so much for your review.

We loved the fact that you LOVE everything that Namale has to offer - from our delicious food, amazing dive sites, blissful spa treatments, our amazing Namale family and more. Namale is a sanctuary of love and peace that is designed to touch and uplift all the heats of those that choose to call Namale home. We look forward to having you both return in 5 years time!!

Namale Resort & Spa
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

BEAUTIFUL ISLAND AND RESORT. You are treated like royality. From the time you step onto resort they know you by name. The food is outstanding and service. The rooms are beautiful, private and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Bula Vinaka and thank you for your review.

Thank you for traveling to Namale and for staying with us. We love that you loved our food and service. Thank you so much for staying with us!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

After lots of research my wife Joanna and I landed on Namale to honeymoon in October 2012. Namale was everything we expected it to be and then some.

The entire staff was unbelievable. They would all greet you by name and took great pride in taking care of their guests. Most of the time, when my wife and I wanted something to eat or drink, they would simply appear to ask if we needed something even before we could get to a phone. Whether we were in our room, on the beach, at the restaurant, or one of the many activity areas, they were always there to take care of us.

We stayed in Civa which was unbelievably nice. This villa was more than spacious for the two of us. We could have spent the entire eight days without leaving our villa. One of our best days was not leaving the villa, hanging out at our private pool and the staff bringing us our meals to either the upstairs porch or our dining room. The staff also did a great job at keeping the room and pool clean.

There are plenty of activities to keep you busy as well from taking a trip downtown to having a private lunch next to a waterfall. Every night there is cocktail hour and usually some form of entertainment which was nice because we got to meet other couples. Our last night my wife and I met up with many of the guest after dinner in the activity center to have drinks and use the bowling alley. So many more activities than I can talk about individually (volleyball, snorkeling, golf, hiking).

The spa was also amazing. My wife and I got a couples massage. When we arrived our names were spelled out in flower petals on the massage beds. We were taken to a balcony right outside the massage room to have champagne and appetizers while getting a foot rub. Then taken inside for what was a great massage.

Nowdla was also more than accommodating. When we first got there she informed us that they would be doing some construction next to our room later in our trip and that we could be upgraded to the Bula House. Civa was so nice we decided before they even began construction that we would not be leaving and fortunately we could barely hear the construction going on. Nowdla also noticed my wife scratching some bug bites at dinner one night and came over with some medicine to put on as well as offer a free spa treatment. We also left behind our names carved into wood which Nowdla was able mail to us.

This was certainly the trip of a lifetime for us and the beautiful resort of Namale as well as the entire staff made our Honeymoon very special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bula Vinaka and thank you for for this review.

We adore the fact that you LOVED your stay with us and that our service and care was up to your standards. How lovely that you managed to put in a bit of bowling and mingle with the other guests. We're almost at the tail end of our renovations! We'd love to have you return and check it out first hand :) Thank you for allowing the Namale family to look after you both.

Murphy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from 8 fabulous days at Namale. The resort is everything we had hoped for.....and more. From the moment we arrived we knew we were somewhere special. The staff are incredible and everyone made us feel so welcome. Even the staff tending the beautiful gardens knew our names and acknowledged us every time we walked by! We stayed in two different bures and they were both spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The messages left in flower petals on our bed most nights were so sweet and thoughtful.
As we were celebrating my husband's birthday on the trip, the staff wanted to make sure the day was very special. We started the day with a champagne breakfast followed by a snorkel trip then lunch at the waterfall. During cocktails before dinner the staff sang to my husband and presented him with a birthday cake. We were then whisked away to our surprise dinner location in a cave. The whole day like every other one was incredible.
I could write a book detailing all the wonderful things about Namale....the food, spa, entertainment, bures, gardens and snorkeling. However, the strongest lasting memory that we take away from Namale is the incredible friendliness and dedication of the staff. We felt like part of the Namale family and it was very hard to say goodbye.
It was a dream vacation and we will return next year. Sota tale!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Bula Vinaka and thank you for your review.
It delights us to read that the Namale family made an imprint on your hearts.
With so many choices in Fiji, we thank you for choosing THE #1 Resort and Spa in the Fiji Islands. We look forward to having you return to Namale so we can pamper and spoil you again - as we do with all our guests.

Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This review is long overdue as we stayed at Namale August 2012.

I did so much research about Fiji and found it difficult to know what was good and what wasn't as there are so many mixed reviews out there. I am so grateful we stumbled across Namale. I have never, and probably will never, stay somewhere so beautiful - this includes the resort, the staff and Savusavu.

My husband and I went for my 40th birthday and our wedding anniversary. Once we had booked we realised that there was a Tony Robbins seminar on and were advised to avoid Namale during these seminars. I was a little worried however, once we arrived, we found out we had the place to ourselves (the seminar group came and went for meals etc) but we were the only 'guests' at the place for a few days which was lovely.

We stayed in the Civa Villa - WOW. It was so big and hard to believe it was all ours. We had a huge pool, a bedroom and lounge, a dressing room, a dining room, one bathroom at one end of the villa (inclusive of an outdoor shower) and another bathroom with an outdoor shower and toilet at the other end of the villa. The bed was so comfortable with a sweet message each morning after housekeeping had left. The deck around the pool is huge and I spent lots of time in the sun with a good book and bottle of champagne there. We had a projector in our room with an endless array of movies to watch in the evening. Cocktails could be ordered and were brought to our room - all it takes is a phone call. We could have breakfast, lunch or dinner in our room, at a waterfall, by the ocean or at the main bure whenever we liked. I couldn't order enough coconut water there. It was beautiful. The food was sensational. I could go on and on about the facilities and what you can have there however, many reviews have covered this and I think sometimes it is nice to have a few surprises.

My husband and I used the spa which was gorgeous. We had a couples massage. I highly recommend this. Once we were finished we went back to our villa, we showered and were picked up and whisked away to a cave for a candlelight seafood dinner. WOW!

One morning we walked up to the main bure for breakfast and were told that we couldn't eat there as they were getting it ready for Tony Robbins group. We were a little upset by this as we felt we were top paying guests and had not been informed of this (plus we looked forward to sitting there each morning overlooking the views of the ocean and the tropics), but once again, the Namale staff went straight to action and prepared us a beautiful breakfast in another area of the resort and told us we could plan whatever we wanted for lunch and dinner and they would take care of the details. How can you even care about such a trivial matter when the staff go out of their way to make it up to you. They are so beautiful. Namale is so big and there is so much to do that it didn't even matter and we were well attended to by the staff. And this brings me onto the most important part of my review - the staff and management.......
I have never met a happier more friendly bunch of people than the Fijians. I could pack up my belongings tomorrow and move to Fiji. They live such a simple life yet are always so positive, happy and friendly. The staff at Namale are like family to Ben and I and we miss them so much. Bill and his wife Nowdla are so kind. Nowdla spoke to us on several occasions and always checked we were having a good time. She is lovely. Each and every one of the staff are amazing, Big Milli (you beautiful kind lady), Little Milli (such a sweetheart and couldn't do enough for us), Sam (Sam, you make a mean Mojito - sad I met you on my last day), Rosie (nothing was too hard for you), Billy our van driver (rescued us from a walk back from the waterfall in the stifling heat), Hudson (what an awesome, helpful, fun guy, love you Hudson), Siti (you make a mean cocktail and we will never forget you and how much you made us laugh), Civi (Ben loved his massage and what a great friend you became), Lavenia (you were so kind), Ima (did such a good job with our Villa), Tiko ( funny and friendly and ready to take us anywhere in the golf cart), Filo (I miss you so much and would pack up tomorrow to come and live with you - remember your offer haha), Vili (such a funny guy), Bale and Rosi (nothing was ever too much trouble, you always made sure we were full of good food), Vani (you also make a GOOD drink), Paul (you were a great source of knowledge and an excellent tour guide), the chefs who make the most amazing food I have ever had) and lastly Trevor (you were so sweet, always looking after me with my coconut water and making sure you found the biggest coconut, leaving it in my villa as a surprise for when I got back from dinner). I miss each and every one of you and cannot wait to come back for a reunion. We will never forget you and we will never forget Namale.

I am sure I have left a hundred things out and I am sure I have left some amazing people off my list. It has been 6 months since we visited so forgive my memory. If I wrote a review on each and every wonderful thing about Namale, I would be here for weeks.

I want to keep this incredible resort to myself so no-one else knows about it and it remains exclusive, but how can you do that when some of the most incredible people in the world and one of the most incredible resorts deserve such high praises and recognition.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Jo and Ben,
Bula from Namale - Fiji's #1 Resort and Spa. Thank you for your review and kind words. For us all that call Namale home, Namale is equated with LOVE- as this is what the experience is all about. We are a family that is committed to excellence in the experience, service and care of our guests. Thank you for choosing Namale and for allowing us to look after you both.

Devonport, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Namale back in November 2011 for our honeymoon and i am so glad we chose here, we enjoyed every minute we were there. The staff of the resort are the biggest asset, they all greet you and know you by name from the moment you arrive. The wide range of activies daily, the day spa and facilities the resort offer is excellent or even if you choose to stay by your pool. We were lucky enough to stay in honeymoon bure nancy which has received awards. The Bure was immaculate, bed was comfy and plunge pool on the deck was perfect. We chose to have lunch on our deck a couple of days and at other locations at the resort, dinner we mainly had in the dining room with other guests - it was great chatting with everyone and one night we had our mystery location dinner which was fantastic. We hope one day to come back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Bula and thank you for this review.
Thank you so much for choosing Namale and for staying with us.
We loved the fact that you loved Nanise (Nancy) Bure. It has indeed been voted the Ultimate #1 Honeymoon Suite in Fiji and we are happy that you got to experience this. From the staff to the service to the experiences, we hope that Namale has found a place in your heart. The Namale family also looks forward to having you come stay with us again.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!