This review is long overdue as we stayed at Namale August 2012.
I did so much research about Fiji and found it difficult to know what was good and what wasn't as there are so many mixed reviews out there. I am so grateful we stumbled across Namale. I have never, and probably will never, stay somewhere so beautiful - this includes the resort, the staff and Savusavu.
My husband and I went for my 40th birthday and our wedding anniversary. Once we had booked we realised that there was a Tony Robbins seminar on and were advised to avoid Namale during these seminars. I was a little worried however, once we arrived, we found out we had the place to ourselves (the seminar group came and went for meals etc) but we were the only 'guests' at the place for a few days which was lovely.
We stayed in the Civa Villa - WOW. It was so big and hard to believe it was all ours. We had a huge pool, a bedroom and lounge, a dressing room, a dining room, one bathroom at one end of the villa (inclusive of an outdoor shower) and another bathroom with an outdoor shower and toilet at the other end of the villa. The bed was so comfortable with a sweet message each morning after housekeeping had left. The deck around the pool is huge and I spent lots of time in the sun with a good book and bottle of champagne there. We had a projector in our room with an endless array of movies to watch in the evening. Cocktails could be ordered and were brought to our room - all it takes is a phone call. We could have breakfast, lunch or dinner in our room, at a waterfall, by the ocean or at the main bure whenever we liked. I couldn't order enough coconut water there. It was beautiful. The food was sensational. I could go on and on about the facilities and what you can have there however, many reviews have covered this and I think sometimes it is nice to have a few surprises.
My husband and I used the spa which was gorgeous. We had a couples massage. I highly recommend this. Once we were finished we went back to our villa, we showered and were picked up and whisked away to a cave for a candlelight seafood dinner. WOW!
One morning we walked up to the main bure for breakfast and were told that we couldn't eat there as they were getting it ready for Tony Robbins group. We were a little upset by this as we felt we were top paying guests and had not been informed of this (plus we looked forward to sitting there each morning overlooking the views of the ocean and the tropics), but once again, the Namale staff went straight to action and prepared us a beautiful breakfast in another area of the resort and told us we could plan whatever we wanted for lunch and dinner and they would take care of the details. How can you even care about such a trivial matter when the staff go out of their way to make it up to you. They are so beautiful. Namale is so big and there is so much to do that it didn't even matter and we were well attended to by the staff. And this brings me onto the most important part of my review - the staff and management.......
I have never met a happier more friendly bunch of people than the Fijians. I could pack up my belongings tomorrow and move to Fiji. They live such a simple life yet are always so positive, happy and friendly. The staff at Namale are like family to Ben and I and we miss them so much. Bill and his wife Nowdla are so kind. Nowdla spoke to us on several occasions and always checked we were having a good time. She is lovely. Each and every one of the staff are amazing, Big Milli (you beautiful kind lady), Little Milli (such a sweetheart and couldn't do enough for us), Sam (Sam, you make a mean Mojito - sad I met you on my last day), Rosie (nothing was too hard for you), Billy our van driver (rescued us from a walk back from the waterfall in the stifling heat), Hudson (what an awesome, helpful, fun guy, love you Hudson), Siti (you make a mean cocktail and we will never forget you and how much you made us laugh), Civi (Ben loved his massage and what a great friend you became), Lavenia (you were so kind), Ima (did such a good job with our Villa), Tiko ( funny and friendly and ready to take us anywhere in the golf cart), Filo (I miss you so much and would pack up tomorrow to come and live with you - remember your offer haha), Vili (such a funny guy), Bale and Rosi (nothing was ever too much trouble, you always made sure we were full of good food), Vani (you also make a GOOD drink), Paul (you were a great source of knowledge and an excellent tour guide), the chefs who make the most amazing food I have ever had) and lastly Trevor (you were so sweet, always looking after me with my coconut water and making sure you found the biggest coconut, leaving it in my villa as a surprise for when I got back from dinner). I miss each and every one of you and cannot wait to come back for a reunion. We will never forget you and we will never forget Namale.
I am sure I have left a hundred things out and I am sure I have left some amazing people off my list. It has been 6 months since we visited so forgive my memory. If I wrote a review on each and every wonderful thing about Namale, I would be here for weeks.
I want to keep this incredible resort to myself so no-one else knows about it and it remains exclusive, but how can you do that when some of the most incredible people in the world and one of the most incredible resorts deserve such high praises and recognition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the edge of the Koro Sea on volcanic uplifts is the luxuriously all-inclusive boutique Namale Resort & Spa. Located 10 minutes outside of Savusavu Town on the northern fringes of the Fiji Islands, paradise is within your reach. Namale is nestled among 525 acres of lush tropical flora and offers an authentically Fijian experience to its guests. Namale’s 19 units of luxurious accommodation feature traditional Fijian architecture with modern influences and are each unique unto themselves. Dining is never a dull experience at Namale with its many private dining decks and outdoor locales including the base of Namale’s privately owned waterfall. Namale houses a one-of-a-kind indoor entertainment centre and a fully-equipped fitness centre which are complimentary for guests’ use. Namale also offers an array of activities for guests to enjoy including horseback riding, kayaking, snorkeling, knee-boarding, nature excursions, Fijian village visits and so much more! Guests are also able to access two world-renowned diving sites; the Namena Reserve and Somosomo Strait. The jewel of Namale is its award-winning Spa & Sanctuary. Noted as the "#1 Spa in Fiji" by Luxury Spa Finder Magazine, the Spa features a hydrotherapy room housing 7 different treatment pools including aromatherapy tubs, a waterfall massage pool, hot tub and plunge pool. The hydrotherapy room has ceiling to floor glass walls that take in breathtaking views of the Koro Sea and Pacific Ocean beyond. All bures feature cordless intercom phones, spacious clothing & luggage storage, mini-safes, souvenir Namale sarongs, fully stocked mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities, Pure Fiji amenities, hairdryers, mini hi-fi players with I-Pod docking, iron/ironing board, complimentary wi-fi internet access and full air-conditioning. “Namale was a place for us like no other. My wife, daughter and I will treasure (our stay here) for the rest of our lives. The staff, the resort, and the breezes at night are unique and very special”- Ken Nolan, Motion Picture Screenwriter – Blackhawk Down*Namale Resort & Spa does not hold a minimum night stay policy and is able to accommodate children 12 years of age and above. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namale The Fiji Islands Hotel Savusavu
- Namale The Fiji Islands Resort And Spa
- Namale Hotel Savusavu
- Namale The Fiji Islands Resort & Spa Savusavu