“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Savusavu
Kapolei, Hawaii
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed December of 2007. We went to Namale to celebrate our wedding. We had an amazing experience the staff were just wonderful. They were so kind, thoughtful, and extremely helpful. My husband and I enjoyed kayaking, horse back riding, waterfall trips, and spa trips daily. The spa was beautiful, clean, and the staff made me feel like a queen. The food was not that great, but that's because I don't eat red meat, fish, or seafood. That was ok though because the Cesar salad, and pineapple were scrumptious. I ate those every day and was perfectly content with it. When we were there we were under the threat of a typhoon, and the staff didn't panick or act a fool. They boarded things up refilled my liquor cabinet, and on we went. I can honestly say that as a woman from nowhere Georgia I had an amazing trip, and would not have one bad thing to say about my experience with Namale. My husband and I are planning a return trip to Namale for our 10 anniversary to renew our vows. We stayed in the Duavata for our honeymoon, and are anxiously awaiting that trip and we hope to stay in the Duavata again. Just as a final opinion our accommodations were just heavenly. The sheets were clean crisp and cozy, and the bure was perfection.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The service was top notch and exquisite, the accommodations were elegant and the atmosphere is very tranquil, plenty to do, and see, great place to relax. Totally excellent resort.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
NamaleResort, General Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
On behalf of all of us here at The Namale Resort & Spa, a heartfelt thank you for your kind words. Also, a very special thank you for sharing your Namale experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again soon back at Namale.

Vinaka Vaka Levu

Nowdla & Bill Keefe
Co-General Managers
The Namale Resort & Spa
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I were not looking for a cookie cutter resort and we weren't even sure an all-inclusive was for us. The only downfall I can see is that Namale has surely spoiled us. The service was amazing; I have never met staff so interested in making guests happy. We never felt confined to a certain eating schedule; you could essentially order food or drinks whenever you'd like, wherever you'd like. I was impressed at how well the resort exposed us to the Fijian culture - the openness of the staff to share stories of their lives, kava nights in the main bure, Meke on Friday night, performed by local villagers, access to town and the fantastic village tour - I departed Fiji feeling as though I had exprienced Fiji, not just the inside of a resort.
We stayed in two different bures - an ocean view and the expansive "Dream House." When we arrived, our in-room refrigerator was well stocked - and its contents were included in our rate. No nickle-and-diming at Namale - such a treat! The ocean view bure ("Jeri") was wonderful, More space than the two of us needed, a comfortable bed, spacious deck overlooking the ocean, beautiful bathroom and more. We had a small problem with the hot water kettle and it was immediately replaced. When we moved to Dream House, we could not believe its beauty and wonderful pool. Both accommodations had a wonderful, authentic feel to them. Hardly the sterile, character-less style of large-scale resorts.
We went on two SCUBA dives (great dive boat!), two snorkel outings, two trips to the waterfall, a wander on the flats (reef shoes provided), a soak in the hydro room, some stops at the golf simulator....there was plenty to do. We also enjoyed a wonderfully romatic private dinner on the beach.
Traveling from LA via Nadi, the layover is a bit long. We took advantage of the "left luggage" (daily baggage storage) and felt confident our items were secure (of course, we still kept passports, etc. with us). We headed to Port Denarau for a few hours - certainly nicer than sitting around the airport all day! A leisurely lunch, some shopping and boat watching, perhaps a cocktail - and soon, it's time to head back to the airport.
Clearly I could go on and on about how wonderful our Namale experience was, but most folks have probably already stopped reading. So, I will end with an emphasis on how wonderful the staff was (including the managers, Nowdla & Bill). They truly made our Namale experience one to remember fondly.

Room Tip: Decide what is important to you - tub? private pool? ocean view? - and find that room. But, they are...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

I found that people of the resort and surrounding area where truly interested in the enjoyment of your holiday . The staff and management were outstanding. I can't remember anything that they could have done better----for. Instance, one evening I wanted to watch a movie and I couldn't get the theater to work and although it was 8 p.m, when I called to get some assistance, I got a pleasant response from the front desk and within 15 minutes there was a technician at the door to fix the problem. When offered a tip, he replied " no thank you", have a nice night and left.
The food menu was different but the taste was excellent. If you wanted something other than that on the menu, you only had to ask.
For activities, they were outstanding, ranging from golf, scuba diving , river drifting bowling, etc. If you wanted to play basketball and didn't have anyone to play with, the front office would arrange a game for you ---- the point is that they did everything to make your trip an experience that you won't forget
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to anyone who wants a luxurious vacation
OH yes , I almost forgot the most relaxing activity---the outstanding SPA-- a must experience

Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This place is as close as you can get to heaven on earth. From the moment we arrived, we were treated amazingly. We went for our honeymoon, and this place was luxury with privacy. No was not in their vocabulary when it camed to requests. We asked for a hammock, and the maintenance crew showed up @ our villa to install wherever we wanted. We asked for coconuts w/ dinner, and we founf out later they climbed the palm trees to pick fresh for us daily...and these trees were huge! The grounds were well maintained, the spa was beyond your imagination, and although you had your privacy, the staff were a walkie talkie and a golf cart away at all times. I highly recommend this resort, and we will be returning soon!

• Stayed April 2011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I waited 10 long months to go on our honeymoon and choice Namale. My now hubby was hesitant about the non-beach, but once we got there he could not stop talking about how it overcame all of his expectations and beyond. I don't even know if I can fully explain how lush and gorgeous the grounds of namale is. Its very secluded which is what we wanted. Everything is very convenient like the dive shop with the bets instructors. We wanted to take a dolphin tour off site and they actually arranged it for us under our package. Everyone is so warm and inviting. I felt like I was home the moment we got there. If you are able to stay in the duvavata, you should....the pool is amazing and the villa is rustic yet contemporary. There was never a dull moment at Namale. Lots to do...we did a activity every day and still got relaxation in. The spa is great...we had the couples massage. The wine list is ok but the food is amazing and the chefs will make you anything you'd like. The weather was great and the rain from 3-6 everyday was welcomed after a long day out in the sun. I met many friends in Namale and it was so worth the long trip there. I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have just completed our third stay at Namale. On our previous two visits we stayed in Civa but felt that it was a bit exposed to the elements being at almost the point of the Property.
This time we stayed at the Dream House with our Adult Son and his Partner, and we had a fantastic week.
The Dream House is a little more protected and the Pools are a perfect size. There is the larger pool and then below it a heated Spa. The extremely large Living Room that separates the two huge bedrooms has A/C so that it is possible in the afternoon, when the westerly sun shines in, to simply curl up on the Lounge, turn on the A/C, listen to some good music on the iPod Docking Station and read a Book, sipping a drink !!
All the Staff are brilliant, it is not possible to single out any of them, and they are all willing and enabled to do anything to make your stay better. Nowdla and Bill (the GM's) do a great job making sure everyday that all is as you expect.
There is also a huge array of things to do, Diving, (which our Son and his Partner did every 2nd Day), Fitness centre, Golf, Snorkelling, Town Tours, River Floating, Lunch at the Waterfall, the list goes on and on !
Simply a great place with great people.

Room Tip: They are all good, but vary hugely dependant on the view and facilities you are looking for.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!