This was my first time to Fiji (and flying international) so with all the planning I forgot to confirm they would pick me up from the airport, no worries, Alvin was there with a fresh coconut with a straw waiting. When we arrived at the hotel you receive a foot massage and scrub. I followed up with a delicious must try Lychee Martini made by Faizal. Check in was a breeze, Arnold and Eva were great. EVERYONE there was great, knew me by name after the first day, went out of their way to make sure I had a great time and I know I was a bit of a pest but they never made me feel like it. I was in the Edgewater 2. Beautiful, decorated nicely, lots if wood and native art. Pure Fiji products which I liked so much I bought more stuff at the airport as gifts. The views from the room were spectacular, the water was beautiful, I literally jumped off my back patio and swam. When the time was low, you can walk most the way out and see blue starfish, sea snakes, bright blue fish caught in little puddles left by the tide. I also got some great shells.
While I was there I had the opportunity to meet Marissa, who booked my stay, and had dinner with her and the owner. Lovely people, very personable. He has another resort in Colorodo I plan to check out.
The resort has many activities during the day. I personally only went diving and spa in the resort. The dive was awesome, Colin and his wife aIso have a restaurant in town. At the spa I had a banana wrap massage by Mella (?), it was relaxing and just what I needed after 15 hrs flighing. I did I other activities through a different group, the front desk can help with that too.
The food was good, healthy. Its not American food so don't expect it. The bread is great and the eggs are always perfect.
Overcall, as I have told many people I would definitely come back here and I plan to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu