“Best holiday ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nukubati Private Island

You added Nukubati Private Island to your Saves list
Nukubati Private Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   The Great Sea Reef | P.O.Box 1928, Labasa, Vanua Levu 0, Fiji   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Labasa
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Best holiday ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We've just returned from 5 days at Nukubati. It was truly the best holiday I've ever experienced. Each morning we stand-up paddled or kayaked around the island, then swam from the boats in the channel. Then breakfast, sailing or snorkelling, a walk, lunch, another swim, lots of reading.

We loved the BBQ feast, the snorkelling, the staff who all called us by name from the first moment we arrived, the peace and beauty, the volleyball games with staff. Jamie got to go spear fishing with the boys ... the highlight for him. Sunset drinks on the sandbar was my favorite.

The food was healthy and delicious, we had cocktails galore, and the extra services (laundry, multiple room cleans, massages etc.) added a touch of luxury.

We choose to be quite social and had several meals with other couples. The guests were all successful, interesting people so we had some great conversations.

And to top it off, we were lucky enough to have beautiful weather!

Sharon and Jamie

Room Tip: If you want to skype the kids, the best spot for a sufficient wifi connection is around the side of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Nukubati is a slice of heaven.
We stayed there with friends for 7 days and yes we are still talking about it.
My husband and I have been to Fiji many times but I must say this has been one of our most memorable stays.
It really shines through that Jenny has a wonderful relationship with her staff, it is like a big family.
Our friends were celebrating their Wedding Anniversary and were presented with a cake and serenaded by the staff with a song of Best Wishes.
We were thoroughly spoilt nothing was too much trouble.
Thanks to the Nukubati family, we hope to be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The owner met us at the airport when our flights got delayed, she was there to meet us to ensure our flights and trip was on time! Wow, talk about service.

The staff treat you like royalty, since the moment you get there the staff remember your names and your preferences. This was huge to us, since my wife has a gluten allergy. All meals were cooked to her pleasure and she was able to eat all 3 meals without any trouble, this is no ordinary resort!

The snorkeling is unreal, the pictures on this website do no justice, you must see it to believe it. While snorkeling, we saw reef sharks, sting ray, too many fishes to name and the guide swims/tells you where to go and what to look for. The resort offers so many other services including massages, diving, catamaran, kayak, BBQ, and kava ceremony!

Accommodations are super, daily laundry and clean your room twice a day. Once again, the staff is amazing and take care of you like no other place. Nightly turn down service with champagne/appetizers delivered to your room at sunset! I am not making this up....

This place was perfect for our honeymoon and I would book this resort again, without hesitation. I could rant/rave forever, but my advice is to just go here and book it! We met several other guests and the consensus is the same, they had never been to a resort like this anywhere in Fiji or the South Pacific.

Feel free to ask me any questions but I give this place the highest recommendation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We spent our honeymoon at Nukubati and I couldn't have imagined anything more perfect. From the most amazing welcome upon arrival to the wonderful food and fabulous staff, our trip was just brilliant from beginning to end! We loved the fact that there were no televisions - there was so many better things to do on the island! The sunset drinks and canapes delivered to you everyday were fabulous and we felt that we were staying with friends rather than at a resort, everyone was just so lovely. I can't recommend Nukubati enough!

Room Tip: Honeymoon bures are amazing!
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

First thing to point out....The photos dont do this place justice, just look at mine!

A month has passed and I have not stopped talking about Nukubati or our experience so I think its time to write our review. My partner Mark and I spent 5 amazing days at Nukubati in September celebrating our 10 year anniversary. We are seasoned travellers having been to Fijis many different beautiful islands 6 times, the glorious Maldives and the beautiful Bora Bora. One thing we have always looked for in a relaxing holiday getaway was seclusion and privacy. We normally like to relax in our private room or private beach or island with no other guests or staff bothering us. We chose Nukubati based on this fact knowing that it is a secluded island with only a maximum of 7 couples at any one time on this beautiful private secluded island in the middle of nowhere.

The experience we got was totally different to what we imagined......but in an AMAZINGLY GOOD way and has changed our way of thinking for our future trips all thanks to Jenny.

It all started with our warm welcome on the beautiful beach which at certain times of the day is just spectacular with the sun reflecting off the white sand as the sun sets over the water creating orange, pink and purple sunsets fit for a postcard. As soon as we sat down to check in(or should I say be welcomed to Jenny's family) we knew this was going to be a different holiday experience for us, but one we knew that we would love and talk about for years to come.

Jenny is just the best resort managert I have ever encountered. She makes your stay at Nukubati feel so relaxing and welcome from the start just based on her personality. She is open, warm, friendly and most of all HILARIOUS to talk to(which she does frequently with guests every day in a non intrusive way). Something I have never experienced before except at a managers cocktail night where they are forced to participate. Jenny on the otherhand loves every guest and takes pride in interacting with them, or leaving them be if they need their space.

Because of Jenny's warm welcome and friendly attitude towards guests(she makes you feel like she is your mum, but in a good non demanding way) Mark and I also felt so relaxed that we interacted with other guests and got to know them which is something that we normally dont do as we like the anominity of resorts and private rooms etc. But we got to know a few guests very closely. We stayed at Nukubati while Henry and Fleur(Henry T) and Marissa and Keith(Marissa G) were there and every afternoon we would sit and chat and get to know each other. The atmosphere that Jenny creates at Nukubati makes every guest feel like her family and therefore one big family. Its an experience my partner and I will never forget and long for once again.

From the amazing staff(a mention has to go to Gordon, Sena and both Sera's and I couldnt forget Tina who has the most infectious laugh of anyone I know and made our stay even more enjoyable) to the beautiful sandbar picnic, Fijian BBQ on a private island, scuba diving the Great Sea Reef seeing sharks and Eagle Rays and amazing champagne sunsets every afternoon, Nukubati is the best relaxing holiday we have ever had.

The rooms are spacious and the food is amazing. Everthing is sourced locally and Jenny supports local communities which is refreshing and makes you feel like you are in good hands.

We know we want to go back, and will go back just to experience the total package that Jenny creates as Nukubati.

Hanford, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I just spent 10 amazing nights at Nukubati celebrating a belated Honeymoon that didn't feel belated by the way Jenny & the staff treated us! Besides the fact that it is a gorgeous setting, the weather was perfect, the accommodations were well beyond the simplicity we were expecting, the staff became our family and we were treated like nothing less than royalty during our stay. It was refreshing to be at an establishment that was completely self sustainable--from the local fish, to the gardens throughout the island, the fruit growing on their trees to the solar panels and recycled fresh rain water. What else do you need?! All inclusive is the way to go; we didn't have to worry once about money--it was all settled at the end of our stay. The activities offered were wonderful suggestions yet there was no pressure to do any--but they were a great way to split up your day and the crew who ran them were incredibly knowledgeable...Spearfishing, Sailing, Fijian BBQ's, Sandbar Picnics, Paddle Boarding, Medicine Walks, Octopus Hunting, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Kayaking, Volleyball etc. The cooking staff knew how to make decadent pure Fijian cuisine...in 10 days we never had a repeat! We left every meal completely satisfied and even came home with numerous recipes :) You want exclusive--no problem & no hard feelings for being anti-social, you want to socialize with others--easy, just go to dinner early, hang out in the Pavilion for drinks before dinner, play a game of scrabble with others or discuss activities you've enjoyed thus far. What an incredible way to leave behind the daily stresses of life & enjoy the beauty that is Nukubati, Fiji. Whether you're celebrating your Honeymoon, 30th Anniversary, Birthday or a simple Holiday escape--Nukubati is the place to be. We will be back! Thanks Jenny for a Honeymoon like none other!

Room Tip: The Solo Honeymoon/Beachfront Bures are the way to go..so much privacy. The Beachfront Suites come...
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hi My name is Henry. I am 22 years old from Melbourne and first come on trip advisor to see peoples comments about this island while I was deciding to come, all the positive reviews I had seen made me feel abridged to write my own and share my experience. I just arrived back from my journey to Nukubati with my girlfriend Fleur, It was not our honeymoon nor anniversary or really any other special occasion for that matter, but the journey created from this beautiful experience was an occasion for us to never forget. The food was absolutely exceptional, I enjoy healthy living at home and eat all organic so it was all perfect for myself and partner. Every meal was 10/10 and left us excited to eat our next! On arrival we felt a little daunted by our age and without an occasion but within seconds of meeting the beautiful community of people we grew so close to in the end we felt right at home, I think we spent most our time laughing with the staff and other couples who we felt we grew so close to straight away. One of the biggest things I took away from going to nukubati was the kind of family atmosphere the place had and how much it reminded me of my own. it made me realise home is where the heart is, I could not wait to get back and and share my experiences with my own family, the people are so happy and the only problems they have within their lives are if the tide is too high or there is too much wind or if its too cold (which was a warm 22 degrees for us ha!). Most of us live in a world with so many materialistic worries and problems, but really if you break life down you will see why the people at nukubati live so happily and carefree. Taking this jourmey back home made me so thankful and blessed to have experienced this at such a young age. I was astonished the legacy Jenny had built over the last 20 years on this island still had a grounded essence about it, she welcomed the couples and staff with open arms and aside from all the fun and appreciation of the water sports, great food, Romantic sunset champagnes, snorkelling, Fiji BBQ, fresh coconuts, massages, beautiful weather, Sandbank picnics, afternoon cocktails, Singing and dancing, reading, sleeping on the hammocks, no T.V, fishing and laughing. This journey takes you beyond all the fun in the world, you leave with a sense of awe and appreciation for the world around you. This is a genuine place I don't think we would ever return to, we decided it was too perfect for a return, but would hope spreading the word to all our family and friends would offer them an experience of a lifetime too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nukubati Private Island? Share your experiences!