First off, let me say that there should be no concern for anyone thinking the near perfect record this resort has, via TripAdvisor, is too good to be true. It is absolutely deserved and a true reflection of the service, atmosphere, and personality this place exhumes. I say this for two reasons. One, because friends of ours expressed their concern due to the perfect record Taveuni Palms has. They were sure the owners were writing their own reviews. Let me be 135th person to reassure you that this is the furthest thing from the truth! Second, the other two reviews that go against the grain are, as one reviewer put, ‘an exercise in absurdity’.
My now wife and I decided to get married at the resort after an extensive search for the most ideal place. From the moment we booked with Kelly and her husband Tony they made our choice, experience, and wedding unforgettable. Kelly’s attention to detail and GENUINE concern for us and our guests, is unparalleled in any other experience I or anyone else in our group has ever had. Taveuni Palms is, without a doubt, a place you go to experience true relaxation and service in one of the world’s best natural settings. Astonishing.
From the moment we arrived a feeling of giddiness overcame us all. You immediately realize once you walk down the path to your villa, which is made out of coral no less, that you are in paradise. The views and grounds of the property are spectacular and our bure, the Grand Villa, was outfitted with beautiful decor and beds that could meet the expectations of the most particular person. The sunsets are second to none and the water is about as blue as anything your imagination can conjure. Picture paddle boarding or kayaking in what looks like a salt water aquarium. Even Hawaii doesn't hold a candle to this place.
For those considering doing a wedding at Taveuni Palms I wouldn't give it a second thought. Again, Kelly’s attention to detail and personal investment into making your day as special as possible was evident in every way. From the amazing flowers (if you like flowers you will be in Heaven!) to the venue and backdrop, to the dinner after. I couldn't be happier with the decision we made. Amazing, amazing, amazing!
And finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the staff, who are the second part of this perfect equation. In most reviews you will notice how they are highly thought of. To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to this before arriving. It must be said, however, that these people are the 'special ingredient' of Taveuni Palms. Vena, Robert, Bui, Marro, Sikelly, Aaron, Babu, our chefs and the handful of others we met are people I will never forget. I hate to call them staff as some I now consider my friends. Beautiful people who go out of there way for you.
Honestly I could go on and on about this place. The simple fact is anyone who is fortunate enough to visit will never forget their time spent at Taveuni Palms.
- Also Known As:
- Taveuni Palms Hotel Taveuni Island
- Taveuni Palms Hotel
- Taveuni Island Palms Hotel
- Taveuni Island Palms Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your ultimate private, luxury Fiji resort awaits. The perfect honeymoon, wedding or vacation of a lifetime in your South Pacific Paradise. Voted as the "Best Boutique Honeymoon Resort in the World" Taveuni Palms Resort combines an unparalleled luxury resort with the lush oasis of Fiji's Taveuni Island. Unspoiled white sand beaches, warm turquoise ocean, world class diving and snorkeling - welcome to paradise. Each villa sits on its own private acre and offers its own private pool, beach, 5 private dining locations and a personal staff of seven. Taveuni Palms resort has been voted by the World Travel Awards as "Australasia's Leading Boutique Resort", "Australasia's Leading Villa's" and "Fiji's Leading Resort" and won the "Luxury Villa Resort" category for Fiji at the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Taveuni Palms also won "Best Honeymoon Resort in the World" at the Boutique Hotel Awards and has been listed by FORBES as one of the most luxurious honeymoon destinations in the world. ... more less