From the moment we arrived at Taveuni Island Resort we were welcomed like family and treated like royalty. The owners, Do and Rick are two of the most genuine, friendly and kindest people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting and their staff are just the same. Nothing is ever too much trouble or hassle.
The bure we stayed in, the Veidomoni was huge; a large bedroom, 2 bathrooms and a lounge room which opened onto an expansive patio with a view that was truly out of this world- ocean as far as the eye could see. The view was definitely best enjoyed whilst using the outdoor shower which was shielded from the rest of the resort by lush tropical vegetation. Truly blissful.
We were spoilt with three delicious three course meals a day, home-made on the premises and some two months later I still wake dreaming of the yummy banana bread I had for breakfast.
We had a hard time dragging ourselves away from the sparkling wet-edge pool but managed to take in some of the stunning surroundings; the 3 waterfalls are definitely worth the hike- take a swim to cool off (oh, and you'll think you've walked onto the set of Lost), the natural water slide (leave it to the boys), the meridian line and the local shops were all a wonderful experience made all the better for the friendly tour-guides who felt more like good friends by the end.
With only 8 bures we felt like we had the place to ourselves even though it was almost completely booked for part of our visit. Taveuni Island resort manages to be completely luxurious whilst remaining true to its stunning natural environment and that is really what makes it a wonderful holiday experience.
I have to give a special mention to the gorgeous Lily for her friendly smile and superb service. I highly recommend a visit to the on-site spa. The couples treatment was amazing.
- Also Known As:
- Taveuni Island Resort And Spa
- Taveuni Island Hotel Taveuni Island
- Taveuni Island Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning resort is a perfect destination for those seeking a luxurious, romantic, adventurous location. This jewel of the Pacific accommodates just 14 privileged couples in large, private, beautifully appointed bures, each enjoying unsurpassed panoramic views. This is a verdant paradise for nature lovers and lovers of nature, home to dense rain forests, 100's of waterfalls & rivers, white sand beaches, world class fishing and diving and wonderful cultural experiences. Enjoy our friendly staff, organic foods and homemade pasta's & gourmet island cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Taveuni Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.