our trip has lasted for 3 nights began at 30th of October at all inclusive basis. The place is gorgeous. we had a very good welcome & the resort including its rooms, facilities, swimming pools and beach area is very clean and well organized. The level of care given to it by the staff is remarkably high.we generally noticed that the design of the hotel was considerable to every category of guests for example there were both sliding runways and stairs to every part of the resort so we could walk with the stroller easily .The weather was magnificent not hot and not cold, we didn't need to open the air conditioner at all.The natural views are another story the mountains, the sea, the wonderful view of the sunrise and the sunset. Food is generally good and diverse. The best cuisine was the barbecue served in the oriental (Egyptian) night however in the other days(international cuisine) wasn't as we imagined it but it was good.The rooms large, comfortable& the furniture was elegant and designed to give the best use of every thing in it.The bathroom and the toilet were very clean however strangely most of the towels were not clean & were torn out. Also we faced a very bothering situation when we asked about the dining around advantage which was present in the soft all inclusive package (which means that guests staying at all inclusive basis can dine in any of the surrounding hotels) we were told that it excludes Egyptians & Mr.Mohamed the receptionist was very polite and smart as he tried to make a reservation to us at Sofitel hotel but they refused when they knew that we were Egyptians although he told us that intercontinental accepts dining around from other hotels!!! he finally succeeded to reserve at Marriott in the next day as an exception for us. he explained that the policy is applied only on reservations made by companies not individuals we tod him that we reserved through a company which he told me that they don't deal with it that much so the policy isn't applied on it. we didn't find those information in the brochure given to us or in the website.As guests we felt that we are not receiving the same service as other guests & as Egyptians we felt that the hotel administration doesn't respect us to the degree that it was inflicted on an international brand name hotel. The road to the hotel was good except for a part of the road from Taba airport(2 km) which was very bad, bumpy &unpaved but we were told as we arrived that repairs are done to refine the road.
Overall except for the part that matters for Egyptians the resort is a pleasant place to stay if you are looking for a place to relax and relieve stress.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel
- Intercontinental Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Taba Heights Resort is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.