Stayed here for a week during the Easter holidays in the UK, the location of the hotel was excellent- lovely beach (although do pick up some cheap sea shoes from one of the shops). There were some excellent staff- the manager of Le Mer and The Reef deserves a special mention, he couldn't do more for us when we had evening drinks and dinner there in the A la Carte restaurant- excellent by the way. The rooms were spacious, we had a great view over looking the lagoon and the cleaning was spotless all week.
On a less positive note I did not think the AI offering was as good as other places I have stayed- the restaurant was not big enough for all the guests and on one occassion had the door barred by staff with a queue of 50 people outside! The food was quite repetative- to be expected, but not as much variety as other 5* hotels I've stayed in. The drinks were waiter service only- which would have been ok if the waiters weren't so busy that it was half way through your main course before they arrived- and the service in the main bar leaves a lot to be desired.
Overall we had a good relaxing stay, but not at the 5* level I had been hoping for and that I have received in other world class resorts in Egypt.
Sit outdoors for breakfast- the waiters are lovely, and coffee re fills are frequent (just avoid the crows!)
The relaxation zone on the beach is lovely and peaceful
Take advantage of opportunity to dine, for free, in the AI restaurants at the other hotels- we went to the Marriott and it was lovely- if I went again I'd try the Hyatt and Sofitel as well
Stick to wine in the main bar- the free poured spirits are lethal- cocktails in the Reef bar are much better made!!
If you like fish, eat at Le Mer on a Thursday- you get to select you own catch and its grilled to perfection
Be warned that whatever you ask of reception they will say 'please come back tomorrow and we'll sort that- forward planning doesn't seem to be a strong point
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental