We travelled to Taba on the 15th Jan and arrived at the hotel to be greeted with a drink and a free five minute "taster" massage. We were soon checked in , unfortunately our room was a rather long way from the reception etc. My sister has reduced mobility and we thought this could be a problem. We asked for a change of rooms but there was nothing suitable unless we upgraded, this we did for a reasonable charge and we had lovely room No 1301 which overlooked the pool with a sea view and near to a lift and reception . Large walk in shower, very clean, tea/coffee and water provided.
As for food , my sister and I had some doubts from previous reviews , but we were pleasantly suprised. We were only there for a week but even if you were there for two weeks you would always find something different. The range was for every taste possible from sushi to roast beef and yorkshire pud (which were better than mine). Brilliant egg man, who seemed to manage 6 pans on the go and remember what you wanted from day one. Danish pastries and croissants to die for , would have liked to have seen some of these for desserts. My one moan would be that the food wasnt always hot and I know from past reviews that this has been blamed on the burners , but I had lasagne one day fresh from the kitchen and this too was luke warm. So the food really does need to be piping hot when it leaves the kitchen.
What can I say about the staff ! Brilliant is the only word , from the waiters, restaurant staff, bar staff , pool staff who always sorted our sunbeds and towels and drinks, and no we did not tip on a daily basis to receive this treatment. Even the beauty and massage teams did not push and were always pleasant, Sorry I am hopeless on names but my thanks to you all. I am sure if the hotel was full it might not be the same, but I can only go by my experience at the time.
There is a large beach plus a salt water lagoon as well as the heated and unheated pools and also a small covered pool area for the toddlers as well as a play area on the beach.
The sea life is amazing here and it would be nice to have a jetty or a pontoon at the hotel , but a 10 min walk takes you to the other hotels that do have a jetty, or you can jump on the free taff taff which does a circuit of the hotels and uptown Taba.
Evenings are very low key which for us was fine, it gave us the opportunity to meet a new group of friends and the people staying there seemed to be generally very pleasant and chatty. Even the Russians seemed to be fairly amenable!!
All in all a good relaxing holiday, we are hopefully coming back next year for my sisters birthday so it will be her family and some of the friends we have made this year. Onesy's optional!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental