“my great stay at miramar hotel” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Taba Nuweibaa Rd. | Taba Heights, Taba 46621, Egypt   |
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Taba
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“my great stay at miramar hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Actually,i found that miramar hotel is one of ( if not the ) best hotel in taba ,
Lagoon rooms are highly recommended, they worth each dollar spent,
the view of the lake and sea is absolutely magical , rooms are wide and well-prepared , plenty of privacy , staff is very polite and understanding , Animation team was perfect , the main restaurant is very clean and the food was excellent in comparison to other resorts in taba especially .

i was a little bit disappointed of the " Night Activities " since they werent varied ... , they had shows everynight but i didnt find them well-prepared or attractive .
Wifi wasnt perfect , it is only available at the lobby and it disconnects alot of time .. Oh , i forgot , this should be a " Plus " thing , i had a great time with the family Thanks to the (Wifi is not available at the rooms, lake and restaurant )...

Tips to have a great stay :

- try to have a lagoon room
- it seems awkward but this is the most important - Dont forget to tip the staff at least 1 $ aday , they will treat you better and this will surely make your stay much much nicer .
- have a mosquito repellent with you ( although you can ask at the reception and they will give )
- Relax and Enjoy

Room Tip: Lagoon Room view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Sherine I, Manager at Miramar Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Esteemed Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments!

We are very pleased and happy to have managed make your holidays memorable.

We will keep on the same way, trying everyday to becoming better in terms of our services and product. It was a real pleasure having you here with us and we really look forward to welcoming you soon!

Thank you for your constructive suggestions to improve the facilities offered at the hotel. I will review these suggestions with the relevant Department Heads and implement them wherever possible.

All the best for the remaining of summer and thanks again for visiting us and making our days nights much more pleasant!

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Nancy, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

I've been staying one week there in February 2015. I had a lovely stay. Very nice room, caring staff, food ok. Unfortunately, the resort was empty. I love it quiet, but the hotels were a little too empty :-). It's definitely a very nice place for relaxation. But you must know that there is no town close the resort. So you'll find a few shops inside (including a pharmacy, souvenirs shops and a minimarket), a diving center, possibility to enjoy animation and sport, but no town. So don't come if you're looking for a very animated place :D. For me, it's paradise to rest...

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Sherine I, Manager at Miramar Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, March 14, 2015
Dear Our Valued Guest,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent stay with us as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

The time taken along with the effort made to share your comments with us is most appreciated. Feedback from our guests is vitally important in our mission to be the first choice of the world's travelers.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

Unfortunately we did not book this, we were booked at El Wekela, and when we got there in the middle of the night,we had no choice this was the first hotel we came to, and in desperation from us,, they put us up - because my partner had flu, we ended up staying the full 2 weeks here because he wasnt well enough to be moved at first. so: Room - J212 - very nice, large room, large bathroom and shower - large balcony, sea view, but too cold to sit out, so far no problem. Access around the hotel from this room is fine, close to beach and main reception. Problem: only one dining room - food is at a stretch average, but I would say 1 to 2 * I went to breakfast 10 out of 14 days because of the coffee, which was drinkable, the first 3 days they had no wine whatsever in the hotel- lunch / dinner very hit / miss - then they had the nerve to charge $90 per couple for new year - which was just a probable 3* buffet - rip off, my partner was still sick so we did not attend, they would not refund us, and said it was Egyptian new year on 7th Jan, thats why, - Also weather not their fault, but there are only 2 bars, one on the beach and one near the outside lane pool, when it is freezing cold, and I mean freezing why not open a bar inside - oh but yes, there is a very nice sitting room style bar inside, only for people who pay - not for all inclusive... madness.. no inside place to sit nicely and relax - There is no a la carte - which with the level of the food they serve is one million per cent needed, there were no other brits or europeans here, and basically hotel caters for russian market, who obviously dont care about quality of food, just quantity. if they had a nice inside bar, a lovely a la carte, or 2 other restuants, plus a cinema room or something to pass away cold days - was homesick after day 3 - but honestly staff are typical Egyptian, friendly - helpful and very nice. We had to drive from Sharm - we had a battered old van to get there, chargefd £100 and took 4 hrs, going back hotel ordered us a car, again £100 and took 3 hours - there were 6 road blocks and we had to get out of the car 3 times each trip - We only did this trip because we wanted to go to Jordan, but the weather was so bad, the boat didnt run, so we ended up in a crap hotel, no real facilities, and didnt get to do the trip we wanted.... For now, personally, I would avoid Taba Heights, we are real Egypt fans, and have been 20 plus time, but never to Taba, - this hotel has really put me off - the Management really couldnt care about our comments, go to Marsa Alam, where people listen and care - Food again: 2 nights a week they run - in the outside, one night by the pool bar: take hat gloves, scarf and coat - they call it Italian night, you can only do it once in 2 weeks - it is 2 slices of cheese and 2 slices of tomato, fine! then a pizza - you actually get a choice of topping, then fruit salad from the buffet, the other is fish night, so again in an open outside bar, starter caeser salaad, main 2 bits of steamed calamari, a fish with all - head bones, etc and a bit of rice, then desert is again same fruit salad,. those 2 nights it was a bit edible... just so you know... any questions, am happy to answer... personally have been put of Miramar formally Hyett - for life!

Room Tip: We had J block which is fairly central but very noisy guests, door slamming, screaming, running up a...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Sherine I, Director Of Rooms at Miramar Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, January 25, 2015
Dear Value Guest ,

I was very concerned to learn that you were dissatisfied with our food verities, bars location and the New Year Eve dinner during your holiday, and first and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment caused on this occasion. The booking was made through Expedia.com and the package service booked is non-refundable which is already mentioned while you made the booking on the website. We offer during the NYE to serve the dinner for your partner at the room but your good self refused our assistance. Every day one of our management team were following up with your good self regarding your partner health which are normal and must to ensure that our guests are in good health and enjoy their holiday.
I would like to assure that your experience is not reflective to the normally high standards of service at Miramar Resort Taba Heights. I have already reviewed your comments with relevant Department Heads to ensure these problems do not recur.

Best regards ,

Aalst, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

It is unfortunate that Taba still considered unsafe in Europe. But I love Taba. My friends and I took a plane to Sharm, and then by taxi to Taba. Not for the first time. It is about 2h30 drive. We never feel unsafe. And I will soon return the same way. Because once in taba heights you get so much satisfaction. Hotel Miramar has a large beautiful garden. 4 swimming pools. Close to the beach. Bars and shops. Beauty center and spa massage and a casino. In the restaurant you have a wide choice of dishes. Nice rooms. Good animation. What i also wanna say Is that the hotel is perfect for people in a wheelchair. My friends and i were in Miramar from 13/11 till 4/12 (3 weeks) and we loved it. Thanks to the fantastic staff. I am looking forward to go back very very soon.

Room Tip: Just ask at the reception. The staff will certainly help you for the best.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Sherine I, Manager at Miramar Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, December 20, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure for us having you here.

We try our best in order to offer our guests the best possible standards and services.

Your friends and family are always welcome and we would be very glad to have them with us!

Kind regards,

Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

peace and tranquility ideal for a very chilled holiday especially couples ideal for snorkeling the mountains behind gives the hotel a beautiful setting there a several pools a olympic full size pool no need to rush for a sunbed you will have the choice of many at any time of the day

Room Tip: all rooms central to what you want pools beach food outlets
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Our Valued Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Miramar Resort Taba Heights and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

On a brighter note, I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay, and I will pass on your kind comments to all members of our team, especially to khalid, which I know will act as a great motivator.

Looking forward to hosting you and your wife soon.

Minsk, Belarus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

For my opinion this hotel very good for couple. who want enjoy each ather.
Area is very green and big, have place for walk.Pleasantly pleased long swimming pool and clean. Very friendly personal.

But all was not so good...
Foods was poor, we didn't see normal fruits (was green melon, white pomegranate).
Drinks like usualy in Egipt, better bring from duty-free). In hotel was contant problems with having drinks, or no soda, or no tonic or ather drinks. Barman Khaled impression just wanted to quickly disperse the people at the bar, not having listened to the end. Was very very very rude. And the same time was no problem in the bar on the beach. Guys very friendly!

What about animation. Was very surprised (after good rewiew). Guys was so tired, it's feels(
In the everning was very boring, quality speakers and music was terrible, like in hotel 2 stars.

Room Tip: Standart rooms very different (for the same price). Hotel has a lot of different rooms on large area...
Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherine I, Manager at Miramar Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

I do sincerely apologize that the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Miramar Resort Taba Heights in the soonest future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

It may not be usual to post a review of an hotel even before you have left it but this time I'm going to make an exception. This is the fourth visit I've made to the MIRAMAR - formerly the Hyatt Regency - in Taba Heights which changed hands last November. Almost everything is the same and that means everything you could expect from what I would call a 4 - 5 star hotel. The rooms are outstanding - spacious, airy, well equipped and spotlessly maintained. The standard of service throughout is wonderful and never slips. Their Front of House Manager would grace any international hotel. There is an A la Carte menu which looks scrumptious but I guess almost everyone is on some degree of inclusive deal. Taba Heights is a man-made resort on the edge of the Sinai desert and there are not many other places to go except other hotels! Their meal buffets are truly internationally comprehensive, unlimited and largely delicious but this is where they perhaps lose half a star. Table service would be nice maybe just for dinner?

What preoccupies them at present is that the British seem to have deserted them (sorry everyone else!). The hotel is full of Russian, Polish and Arab guests which is great for business but they truly miss the Brits. Previous FCO warnings about safety have deterred some and the closure of Taba airport means a 3 hour journey up from Sharm El Sheik which is a bit tedious but what delights await the intrepid traveller. So come on you Brits and all other nationalities too!! Come back to Taba Heights and particularly to this hotel. It's you who are missing out. Me? I'll be back again sometime!!

Room Tip: Pay a little bit extra for a sea view and first or second floor . Really worth it.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Sherine I, Manager at Miramar Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Dear Ms. Mathilda,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments!

We are very pleased and happy to have managed make your holidays memorable.

Kind regards and all the best.

Director of Rooms

Been to Miramar Resort Taba Heights? Share your experiences!