Spacious and stylish hotel with lovely original looking Arabic design (perfect for photos). We received excellent service from all staff at this hotel. The restaurant is extremely well managed, the most efficient we have stayed in, the manager even came over and introduced himself to us, (we have never experienced that before). Staff anticipated my needs on more than one occasion (including been brought a drink and snacks when we had finished our old one, slick!). We had a lovely sea view from our room and the jetty is great for glam photos. What made this hotel fab for us was the bottled water been included in the price as we drink tons on holiday. Sayed, our rep was the most hard working rep we ever did see, he was so busy he didn't even take a breath!!! Everyone speaks good English at this hotel (even the cleaners). For a couple without kids this was the perfect place as the adults only pool was so peaceful and calm. Our room had the biggest bed ever. Calm and tranquil hotel, great for tee-teetotallers like us that just like a relaxing week! Free hot chocolate on the pool side too. No hassle in the local town either, which was refreshing.
RELAXING THINGS TO DO - I would recommend the Salt Caves (it looks like santa's grotto inside) as it was only £11 each for 45 minutes (it is in the town bit only a 15 minute walk away) The pamphlet do not do it justice at all, it is beautiful in there and soooooo relaxing. The Spa in the hotel was worth a visit too (about £10 for 1 hour) especially laying on the hot concrete bed thing at the end, lovely.
ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE - Alas there was two massive draws backs for us to this lovely part of the world, firstly the weather in the last week of May was just too hot for us (it was 45 on one day!) Secondly my hubbie and I got ill on the 2nd day of the holiday and we could not shake this off, we are still not 100% after been back home for a week either (there was a few other cases of illness in the week we where there too). On a positive note there is a 24 hour doctor in the hotel who was amazing and really looked after us (he is quite handsome too!)
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Sofitel Taba Heights Hotel
- Taba Heights
- Sofitel Taba
- Accor Taba Heights
- Taba Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly magnificent location, at the northern tip of the Gulf of Aqaba between the southern Sinai mountains and the Red Sea, Sofitel Taba Heights is also a uniquely designed hotel, inspired by traditional Oriental architecture. This exceptional resort is an all-inclusive property with easy access to the private beach, 3 exquisite restaurants, 5 swimming pools, a fitness center and 3 meeting rooms. Just 20 km from downtown Taba and 40 km from the airport, it's convenient for business and pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sofitel Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.