“Worth every penny” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Taba
York
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

We booked the Taba Hilton 3 days before travelling through Peltours. The flights with Jet2 from Manchester, the transfer to the hotel, and the check in at the hotel were extremely efficient and stress free.

The hotel itself was faultless. The security was excellent but not intrusive. The staff helpful, polite and well presented. The food was fantastic and varied, with a theme each evening. We stayed for a week and ate at the Marhaba, Nelsons Bar and Casa Taba four of the seven nights but the buffet on the remaining evenings and on a lunch was better than any other all inclusive resort I have stayed at.

The hotel has a burea de change so it was easy to change money or even withdraw some from the cash machine there if you are running short. As we went for a relaxing holiday we didn't do any trips but would certainly consider it in the future.

I have to give a special mention to Mina who worked at the pool bar and the rainbow bar in the evening. He was beyond helpful. I didn't have to get up to go to the bar at all, if he saw me or our friends get off our loungers he came running over to get our orders. When i insisted going to the bar myself he even carried my glass back to the lounger. Above and beyond the call of duty but much appreciated. A total credit to the hotel.

Yes, we tipped but i have to say the staff do not appear to expect it like i have found at other hotels. I do recommend you tip though as they work incredibly hard.

The only gripes I have is being charged a supplement for a room with a balcony and not being allowed wine as par of the all inclusive in the rainbow bar.

We went snorkelling and as we went after lunch the man insisted we take the snorkles for the next morning too, little touches that other places wouldn't consider necessary but every thing added to the value of the stay.

We had an amazing time at the Hilton and would not heistate to recommend it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village, responded to this review, April 26, 2009
Many thanks for your Trip advisor Review. I have passed your comments onto Mina at the pool bar and he was really happy to hear them. I am glad you had a relaxing holiday and hope you have the opportunity to return again in the future. Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Surrey, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

We have just returned from two weeks at the Hilton Taba.  The weather was great, very hot and just what we were after.  The hotel, unfortunately, did not really live up to our expectations or the amazing reviews we had read (which played a big part in choosing this hotel).  So although we did have a good time, it was not the great time we had been looking forward to.  Having stayed at Hilton hotels in Egypt some six times now, this is by far the poorest.  Some of the staff are great and really work very hard.  Others, by contrast, were rude, disinterested or just completely ignored you and in the main dining restaurant were clearly unable to keep up with the demands of a full and busy hotel.  I don’t think this is a 5 or 4 star hotel, but closer to a 3 (by Egyptian standards, not UK).  The standard room supposed to cover our family of 4 was too small and upon arrival we upgraded to a suite which was wonderful but obviously a huge cost we had not anticipated.  Breakfast was chaotic but tolerable whereas the lunch and evening service at times became so off putting we ended up not eating at all.  Room service, which you obviously had to pay for, was good and we used that several evenings.  The other two evening restaurants part of the AI package were good and we enjoyed eating in both the Marhaba and Nelson (although the food in the Nelson was rushed by you at breakneck speed).  The Casa (Italian/seafood which is not part of the AIl deal) was very good and we had a lovely meal here.  Food and service both outstanding and by far the best meal of the holiday.  Some parts of the AI package were odd though.  We were told we could only have one small plastic cup of milk for our young daughter’s night bottle and that any more would have to be paid for.  You can have as much vodka as you like, but go steady on the milk.  This was eventually resolved after my husband spoke to the restaurant manager who kindly intervened with the bar staff and my daughter was allowed to have her nightly bottle of milk.  Drinks only become part of the AI package from 11am and that also included water, depending on who was serving you.  The pool area is quite cramped and was not cleaned well every day ...... ice cream stains, sticky patches from spilt drinks etc often remained for several days.  Our thoughts of the beach area are along similar lines.  The kids club was quite a disappointment.  There was a complete list of activities that should have occurred every day ......... I say should have as on the 8 or 9 days my children dropped by for various parts of the day, not once did the schedule happen.  I did query this on several occasions but couldn’t get a definitive explanation.  At one stage, I took them away as the club had descended into a scene akin to a WWE wrestling match.  Compared to other clubs, it really was a very poor effort (they were evening refused drawing paper once our own paper had all been used up).  The chief animation leader, Mojo, is great though.  He works so hard to entertain guests, has a great personality and really stands out amongst other members of staff.  My younger daughter wanted to marry him!  I hate to sound so negative as we did have a good time but that was more due to the weather and spending time just having fun with the kids.  If I say, “good time but wish we had gone back to either Sharm or Hurghada” , then I guess that sums it up.  I’m not even going to mention the 21 hour flight delay on the way home .........

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your constructive feedback on the Trip advisor Review. I am sorry that we failed to reach your expectations during your recent holiday. I have raised the issues concerning the pool cleanliness with the Head Housekeeping. Whilst the pool is already emptied three times a week, he will ensure that he personally inspects it each time. I have also passed your comments onto Mojo concerning the Kid's Club and he will investigate these matter immediately. I am glad to see that you found the additional restaurants on the All Inclusive Programme enjoyable. You are correct that the Hotel opeartes and advertises a All Inclusive programme which operates from 11am to 11pm in the evening.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed at the Hilton for 2 weeks beginning of April and I can honestly say this was my best holiday. The animation team; Mojo, Luca & new DJ Wessem were excellant, the disco in the evening was especially lively. The service at the pool bar was excellant, thanks to blue eyed Azzam. All staff were helpful & friendly, the managers especially Shift manager Syed was brilliant. The egg man made the best eggs ever. The weather was hot, the Russians were fine, but I did find alot of Israelis (who did not have the best manners), but my holiday was very good and I would recommend this holiday if you want a bit more entertainment. We left the hotel just before 6pm and as we requested a late check out AI was valid upto 3pm.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village, responded to this review, April 23, 2009
Many thanks for your kind Trip Advisor Review. I have passed your comments onto the Team members, who will appreciate them. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed your holiday and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Martin
Lincolnshire, IL USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I hesitate to write this review as I hope that it will stay a great value. The Taba Hilton may be the best value I've encountered (I've visited 88 countries). The reason that it's a great value is twofold--it was the site of a terrorist attack in which a number of people were killed some years ago and it's "a long way from anywhere else." However, it's well worth the trip (we drove from Cairo--about a five-and-a-half hour easy drive) but you can get there from Eilat, Israel (the hotel is at the Israeli border and you can walk into Eilat, which has lots to do)--which has El Al flights from Paris or to Taba by charters from Manchester and elsewhere that bring you to directly Taba. The hotel has great security so despite the history we never felt the least bit anxious. Many travelers from UK, Germany and Israel but we met no other Americans. The grounds are great as is the somewhat narrow beach on the Red Sea/Gulf of Aqaba. Big pool. Many Acitivities for kids. Many restaurants (excellent Italian), pub on the beach, beach bar, etc. Breakfast in main hotel was exceptionally good--as good as we've encountered even the in the most expensive hotels/resorts. Staff very friendly and helpful and the conscierge was exceptional. Taba's location allows easy day trips to Petra, Jordan (highly recommended) and Jerusalem/Masada/Dead Sea (also highly recommended)--and hotel staff were able to arrange private trips for less money than indicated on the Internet for group/bus trips. You can also arrange a trip to St.Catherine and Mt. Sinai from Taba. We went there for five days at the start of a 22 day trip to Egypt and plan to go back with the Taba Hilton being the destination for a week or ten days at the beach.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor review. Taba is a very good destination to arrange various trips to Egypt and other countires. I am glad to enjoyed the Casa Taba Italian Restaurant, I will pass your comments onto Salem the restaurant manager. Kind regards Martin
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

My family and I have been coming to Taba for almost 10 years and the level of service at the Hilton is one of the reasons for our return. On my recent trip I had injured my back prior to the holiday and the hotel staff could not have been kinder helping me at meal times and setting up my sun lounger for me. The hotel is older than some in the area but its rooms are spotless and being older it has the advantage of being built closer to the beach. In other hotels what may appear to be a short walk can feel a lot longer when you are in the summer sun! There have been a couple of changes since my last visit and the Marharaba and Nelson restaurants now both offer a set menu for all inclusive guests. In the past I have loved the food at the Marharaba but have found the large helpings just too much so the set menu is ideal for the british palate and I can assure you that you won't feel hungry especially if you try the superb freshly baked flat bread. If you are thinking of trying diving for the first time then there is no better place to learn. I would advise you to do a trial dive at the start of the holiday so if you want to do your PADI course you have time to complete it as it takes several days. Both the boat and shore diving are excellent and the dive instructors are fantastic. If you are a non swimmer then the Animation team have plenty of activities on offer from stretch classes to Arabic lessons. There is not a lot to do in the evenings but if you are looking for a relaxing holiday with service service in a beautiful location then this is ideal.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village, responded to this review, April 21, 2009
Many thanks for completing your Trip Advisor Review. I hope that the changes in the Hotel improve the guests satisfaction. Now that the summer is arriving we have a couple more changes to add which should improve the facilities in the evening. We look forward to welcoming you back. regards Martin
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

We stayed here at the end of March after searching for a 2 week beach holiday with guaranteed good weather at this time of year. It turned out to be a good choice - sunny & hot every day, perfect for sunbathing & snorkling. The hotel staff are excellent, very friendly & always willing to help. We were never short of drinks due to the excellent service by Amr working at the beach bar by day & hotel bar by night. Mohammad the Restaurant Manager also ensured we were looked after. Luca from the Animation Team had a busy schedule each day organising volleyball, yoga, evening entertainment & belly dancing! I recommend the yoga - a perfect way to unwind on the beach under the palm trees.

Our minds were put at rest regarding any possibily of "holiday belly" at this hotel. The staff advised that all salads/fruit are washed in purified water & all water served in the restaurants/bars is bottled. We also received a large complimentary bottle of water in our room each day. The buffet restaurant offered a good choice of food & the option to dine at the Nelson or Marhaba for evening meals was also included in the all-inclusive package - again you couldnt fault the staff at these two restaurants they were very friendly & welcoming.

We would recommend changing money in the hotel as the exchange rate was higher there than at home. Best to take english pounds & change money as you go.

The all-inclusive package is good value for money due to the quantity & quality of food & drink available. We would definately recommend this hotel, we hope to make a return visit one day.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village, responded to this review, April 16, 2009
Thank you for you TA Review and I have passed on your comments to the team.
The Hotel has 2 banks within the Lobby area and the exchange rate is normally very good and I would also suggest to other guests to only bring a limited amount of Egyptian Pounds and go to the bank to withdraw more when you need it. kind regards

Martin
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

Don’t disagree with most of what’s already been said by recent reviewers so we will only add comments on things that haven’t been mentioned recently…

1: Our trip was 21 – 28th March, arranged with Peltours … they sent us “10 Commandments for a good holiday”. Read them… they are wise words !
2: Flight was with Monarch. Boeing 757 from Gatwick. Not much
legroom! If you’re tall, you will be uncomfortable for 5 hours. Find out if there’s a seat upgrade.
3: Met at TABA airport by the Peltours rep. and we were delivered to
hotel reception within 70 mins of landing. A smooth exit from the airport, coach ride and check-in at the Hilton… nothing to worry about.
4: Go to the ‘Welcome briefing’. Lots of useful and important info.
5: All staff were welcoming, friendly and courteous. I’m sure it’s challenging for them sometimes.
6: The gardening staff deserve a mention – colourful flowers, grounds are very well kept, clean and tidy, including the waters edge.
7: Animation team and activities seem to get mixed reviews. Go with an open mind. Remember you are not in the West-End or at Butlins. They are hard-working, fun and seem eager to deliver a good experience to their multi-national guests (and most were not from the UK). There’s stuff going on all day long. You can practice yoga, learn Arabic, try belly-dancing… etc
8: The sun will burn … don’t be fooled by any cool breezes. Plenty of suncream essential.
9: Sea was a bit chilly for our liking… glad we took a thin wetsuit (but were in the minority by far). Water temp was: 21C
10: If you forget anything, chances are the small bazaar of shops within Hilton’s grounds will have what you want. Includes pharmacy, bank, souvenirs, swimming equipment etc.
11: £-exchange rate at the hotel bank was at least as good as any rate we’d seen in the UK a few days earlier.

12: Struggling to find anything negative to report… but two points worth mentioning:
poolside and beachside drinks served in small plastic cups – a few gulps and you need another ! No doubt there’s a good reason for this, but it is a bit irritating
and
AI ends at 12:00 on your last day and you get de-wrist-banded. Unfortunately lunch doesn’t start until 13:00. Departure for airport was at 17:00 Would have been nice if you could have a leisurely lunch during your last few hours. Pleased to read that this may be included in future.

Finally…
consider getting an underwater camera pouch… We used a simple plastic flexible camera case that was waterproof to 5mts. Snorkelling is a lot more fun (and challenging) when you can take pics. of fish and coral.

Photos:
the 1st couple were in Movenpicks grounds.
Underwater pics have been auto-enhanced to add ‘red’.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
Many thanks for your kind review. I am am happy to say that we have changed the All Inclusive package to include the lunch on departure. I am also glad to say that the sea temperature is now warming up. Martin

Been to Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village? Share your experiences!