The truth is that I've been trying to write a review on Blue Realm for a long time now, but my efforts were halted by a fear of not doing them justice. I started of with statements like 'Blue Realm is a hidden gem in the stunning South Sinai peninsula, providing a bespoke service to the discerning diver in the crystalline Red Sea out of the beautifully authentic Egyptian town of Dahab'. I'm not a travel journalist, I'm a passionate diver and I think this review should be written as such. I'm simply going to list the reasons why I visit this dive centre 1 to 2 times a year and, under their guidance and support, have gone from an advanced open water diver with 17 dives (in 10 years) to diving instructor.
* Blue Realm is a family run dive centre and the family ethos runs throughout their business. Heaven and Earth will be moved to ensure that you enjoy every aspect of your diving holiday. I cannot tell you how many times Blue Realm have gone out of their way to make each and every visit that little bit more special than the last. We have been taken off the tourist trail and shown the most stunning bits of Egypt, both above and below the water.
* Dives are conducted in small groups (max. 4-5 divers), unless a bigger group is requested. This approach not only allows your guide/instructor to keep an eye on you to make sure you are happy and safe, but it also gives you more scope to take your time and enjoy the Red Sea's stunning underwater environment.
* You dive where you want (sea conditions permitting) and when you want: if you fancy starting later in the day you can. You won't be forgotten about if you don't arrive exactly at 9am and you will have a choice on the dive site you will be going to. Guides and instructors employed by Blue Realm have an intimate knowledge of every dive site in (and around) Dahab and are more than happy to provide a detailed choice of sites for you to make an informed decision on.
* Blue Realm run regular day trips to dive sites north and south (Sharm El Sheikh and Ras Mohammed National Park), so you can dive the famous SS Thistlegorm or Shark/Jolanda reef if you want. If a day trip isn't enough there is always an option for a live-aboard on the stunning Aeolus: Dahab's best run and best kept dive boat. All Blue Realm live-aboards are on Aeolus (I've done 2!) and most day trips, there is no more relaxing and enjoyable boat to dive from!
* Your most precious asset is Blue Realm's most precious asset: your loved ones. If you are not fortunate enough to have your own dive equipment you can hire everything from Blue Realm in the knowledge that it is fastidiously maintained. Khaled and Sita's (Blue Realm's owners) children dive on the shop equipment, the gear never gets near to a service date before it is given a thorough going over. I get my personal gear serviced as per the schedule, but Khaled is often picking things up that could be improved or made safer.
* Blue Ream's mentoring is second to none. All guides/instructors are the perfect role models for best practice diving in safety, technique and protecting the delicate underwater environment. I am an instructor today because of how Blue Realm made me feel about diving. Through their mentoring I am a better, more informed and more responsible diver...not forgetting more passionate about this amazing recreational sport.
I really could go on forever with this review. My partner and I have done nearly 400 dives between us with Blue Realm, including numerous training courses and live-aboards. I consider the people I've met in Blue Realm and through Blue Realm to be some of the best friends I have. Dahab is the only holiday destination I've been to more than once, and whilst Dahab is a great place to relax, it's Blue Realm and associates that keep drawing me back. They are my extended family!
If you own or manage Blue Realm Diving Dahab, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.