My wife and I dived with Sharks Bay Umbi diving last year and had no doubts about returning again this year. We were warmly welcomed back by Nahla and Hosna who run the operation on a day to day basis.
We were then introduced to Nour who took us for our first 2 dives in the house reef in Sharks Bay. Nice easy dives, very relaxed and Nour guided us at a very leisurely pace, but pointing out interesting sea life.
For the next 5 days we were out on the boat diving with Adel. Adel has many many year’s experience, is very well known and respected in Sharm. He wasn’t imposing, but kept us very well informed during dive briefings and surface intervals etc.
We were extremely lucky to that due to Egyptian unrest, there were not many divers in Sharm we so most days it was just Adel and my wife and diving. Not so good for the dive center economics but we got A1 service.
The boat crew were always on hand to assist as required. Lunch on the boat was very good. Fresh and well cooked, especially the fish.
At the end of each day, the ladies at the dive center arranged transport back to our hotel to suit us.
It was a great weeks holiday and that mostly due to the staff, boat crew and dive guides from the dive center. Special thanks to Adel pointing out so many wonderful things. Highlights being large stone fish, 2 white tip sharks, turtles and even some dolphins during a trip back to base, but more importantly for keeping us fully informed and safe.
- Also Known As:
- Sharks Bay Umbi Diving Village Hotel
- Sharks Bay Umbi Diving Village Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique in the area, Sharks Bay Umbi Diving Village is a friendly, relaxing place that still maintains the feel of how Sharm used to be before the arrival of large scale tourism. The Diving Village has a well-equipped dive centre, its own private jetty and a fleet of five boats. There is also a seafood restaurant, beach bar and a full range of water sports. The accommodation ranges from budget View Huts and Beach Cabins to the individually styled Bedouin Village ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sharks Bay Umbi Diving Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.