“Excellent dive centre - we found Nemo!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 237 Activities in Sharm El Sheikh
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We offer a 1st Class service, since 1987.Our dive centers at Novotel Palm & Beach and Hilton Sharks Bay Resorts are Padi IDC Gold palm resort and we offer daily snorkelling and diving trips to Ras Mohamed National Park and Strait of Tiran. Our multilingual instructors, including Japanese, teach all level of Padi courses, including Nitrox. Sinai Dive Club offers a full family programme, in Sharm El Sheikh and Sinai, if you have non-diving family or friends with you they too can have a fun packed holiday, doing all the things they enjoy to.We can help you organise whatever is needed and give our advice on where to go, what to do and what to see.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
UK
13 attraction reviews
“Excellent dive centre - we found Nemo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed at Hilton Shark's Bay last Sept/Oct and, after snorkelling the amazing house reef, we decided to do the Discovery Scuba course (my second time!). My husband has written his own review above.
Sylvia, our instructor was great - very patient, but had no truck with me getting emotional about stuff (previous bad experience diving in UK). She had a 'pull yourself together' attitude, all the while being very encouraging and positive.
Kit was OK for beginners. Staff at beach and in dive centre were fantastic - extremely helpful and encouraging.
Achieved PADI Open Water, but sadly we weren't organised enough to get more diving in while we were there. Doing Open Water advanced in UK, before going to Hurghada this Sept.
The diving was amazing. We saw crocodile fish, tiny cleaner shrimps, blue spotted rays, moray eels, lion fish, clown fish, angel fish, fusiliers and oodles of other stuff - it really is like getting into an aquarium - beautiful!
I read some of the comments above about a perceived lack of flexibility or customer care, but I never encountered this. They do, however, have strict rules and do stick to them. If you’re late taking your hired fins back, for example, you will lose your deposit. I get the feeling that people may have messed them around in the past.
If we were to return to Sharm, we would definitely use this dive operator again. I always felt safe, confident in my instructor’s abilities and the kit that I hired.

stoke on trent
“Great company, would reccommend, looked after us.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

The Sinai Dive Team were great. We predominantly dived with the team based at the Hilton Sharks Bay hotel but we met and dived with the staff from the Naama Bay club as well. Every member of staff was helpful, friendly and competent. The support crew at the Hilton Sharks Bay Hotel were very friendly and even fixed my mask for me, using parts from other masks, when I carelessly snapped it – this allowed me to continue diving using my own kit. The boat staff were good and the food on the boats was surprisingly good. We did a total of 24 dives each during our stay, including our “deep speciality” and the Thistlegorm. We would definitely recommend diving the Thistlegorm, it was a nice easy wreck dive with the swim through being the best part, and one not to be missed despite the 5am pick up. It could be quite stressful waiting at the marina for your boat to come in and to be loaded up – take water and a mag with you as you will typically have 30 minutes to kill in a very hot, noisy and busy environment. On the day boats you always have the option to do a 3rd dive, most people did this, which cost approx €20 extra. When going on the day boats expect to be out for the whole day (8 – 5).
Although being a Rescue Diver and an Advanced Diver we were still required to do a “check dive” from the house reef. This is mandatory if you desire to dive by yourself from the house reef. If you have your own kit, it is cheaper to pay the extra luggage allowance to take it with you rather than to hire it from the club. We left all our gear with the club who looked after it and ensured that the kit was ready for us upon arival at the boat for the day despite it being on and off different boats everyday. One day our kit hadnt been placed on the boat, so would reccommend that you check your kit is there before you set sail. This was rectified within 15 minutes and we were on our way.
We were impressed at the variety of languages spoken by the dive guides and instructors – Arabic, Russian, English, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, French – they were just the ones we saw and heard.

England
9 attraction reviews
“Egypt December 2009”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

There were four of us (the dream team) and it was 2nd trip to dive with Sinia Dive Club. We are all experienced divers and we went for the buddy system package. That means you dont dive with a guide, you go your own way. We found this much the best way, you are not limited to the guide who wants to be back at the pontoon after 45 mins. We dived 3 dives a day on the house reef, each dive was over an hour, the longest being 80mins. There is so much to see and you get the benefit of getting to know the reef and where to find things. We saw so much all the usual things plus eaagle wrays and octupus. The guys at the dive centre and on the beach were the best I have come across. We had a few issues with a broken camband on a BCD, Magdi changed it no problem, leaking seal in a camera, again sorted. Individual likes were known very quickly and catered for. A great service all round, I would recommend Sinia Dive Club and the house reef for a weeks chilled out effortless diving

United States
6 attraction reviews
“Great Group to dive with when you have little (or loads of) experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

We dove with Sinai Dive Club figuring it was a safe bet being affiliated with the Hilton and seeing that my husband and I are rather new to diving. It was great! We were the only newbies onboard, everyone else being long-time divers. But everyone was generous, helpful and courteous to us. The dive masters were professional and loads of fun, with a good sense of humor. They gave us the right amount of independence and hand-holding so that we felt comfortable and new we were in safe hands. They were encouraging with lots of advice and tips whenever we had troubles being new to diving. Such a positive experience, you really cant go wrong with them. And the food on board was fantastic!

London
“Great company - VERY helpful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

My fiancee and I have travelled to Egypt twice in the past year and have stayed at the Hilton Sharks Bay on both occasions. We have used the Sinai Dive Club to arrange the majority of our trips and have never had a problem.

We have visited Tiran Island twice for snorkelling trips and have never been disappointed. We have always been picked up on time from our hotel and transported directly to the port where everything has always been ready.
The tour guides and boat crews have always been great, friendly and very helpful.
The food provided has been nice considering it has all been prepared on a boat.
The snorkelling trips are not very restrictive. The guides are happy to let you go off and snorkel on your own providing you are confident in the water, whereas we had many problems with other companies.

The dive club have also booked Quad Biking trips for us which have always been good. Being part of a large group can be really restrictive as you can only go as fast as the slowest person and this can get frustrating.
Massive thanks to MAX for suggesting and booking a private quad trip for us.
This was excellent and only cost us about an extra £25.
A private guide will take you out into the desert, assess your level of confidence then take it from there.
My fiancee and I are keen on going a bit mad with the quads and so we were taken on the roughest paths and had so much fun!
Seriously recommend this to everyone!!

To sum the dive club up - EXCELLENT.
Never had a problem, they are not pushy and have never failed to disappoint us.
Big thanks again to the staff who treated my stings on the last day of my holiday. Something out at sea left me in extreme pain and the dive club staff treated me accordingly and were very caring.
Lovely group of people and would definately use this company again.