We travelled to Sunrise Select Diamond beach with Thomas Cook. It was not in the brochure, when we arrived we were greeted by a very nice young man on reception who checked us in. We were then directed to a "Golf buggy " type vehicle where our cases were already loaded and the porter drove us around the corner to our hotel room in a nearby building. We were very impressed it was a very good size, the bathroom was very nice with a shower. We had a look around the resort and the reception was lovely, nice seating area, and in the evenings they had a pianist playing on the grand piano, off the reception is a bar where you get your all inclusive drinks and you can smoke in there if you want to( Good atmosphere )If you go upstairs to the roof terrace you can have a drink and smoke the water pipe if you want to and watch the sunset it's beautiful. The staff can not be faulted and do everything to make your stay a wonderful experiance. The swimming pools are fantastic and very clean and there are plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas. The beach is the real treasure, there are walkways out to sea and fixed pontoons where you can dive off and snorkel on the coral reefs, I have snorkelled many times in the Caribbean but have never seen anything so wonderful. Thousands of fish of all sizes and fantastic Coral. We went in several times a day and always saw something different!! The food is a good selection and the Chefs have specials ie Pancake , Pizza , Pasta or Fish stations. Food when all inclusive is not always good but I couldnt fault it. This is a good value for money holiday. You are 15 mins by taxi from Namma Bay and 10 mins from the Olde market which has very good cheap shops ( take a taxi from outside the resort and only pay £30 (£3.20 ish) Egyptian each way for Namma and £15 for old market. There are plenty of taxis waiting, more expensive on the resort.
The down side is that there are manly Italians at this resort and the main pool has their reps (on mass) who are loudd and perky on the loud speakers. We used the smaller pool (mainly Brits). The spa at the resort is lovely I had massages and facials and used the jaccussis which is much cheaper than what I pay at home. We are already looking to go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire the wonders of Egypt at SUNRISE Select Diamond Beach Resort! Located in the famous destination Sharm El Sheikh, the resort offers a vast range of opportunities ensuring that no one misses out during their stay. A delightful garden surrounding and the private sandy beach will make your holiday a memorable one full of relaxation. Its proximity to the charming center of Sharm El Sheikh is an additional benefit. The Resort offers a 24-hour front desk, multilingual staff, Guest Service Center desk, bell captain, limousine service, luggage room, laundry & valet service, beauty salon and barber, Spa & gym, gift & souvenir shops, babysitting, Wi-Fi connection free in one specified area,business center, and a 24-hour on call doctor. SUNRISE Select Diamond Beach Resort offers 438 (with partially or with some) recently renovated rooms characterized for their unique oriental style. NEW Aqua Park in 2015, 1200 m2, 8 slides, 71 water games fit for all ages! All accommodations feature modern facilities and are completely equipped to make sure our guests enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay in Egypt. Choose between a wide variety of rooms. A special benefit for families is our Family Room concept, which offers separate rooms for parents and children. To enjoy the direct sea view, try our Beach Deluxe rooms, which offer you as well extra space. A truly satisfying holiday experience - at SUNRISE Select Diamond Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunrise Select Diamond Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Diamond Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Calimera Royal Diamond Beach Hotel