“Fab, Fab, Fab - Just a few "minor" let downs!! Ignore the bad reviews!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sol Cyrene

Save Saved
You added Hotel Sol Cyrene to your Saves list
Hotel Sol Cyrene
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ras Nosrani, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #115 of 230 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Scunthorpe
“Fab, Fab, Fab - Just a few "minor" let downs!! Ignore the bad reviews!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

Me and my partner both in our 20's stayed at the Sol Cyrene from the 20th September to the 4th October 09. I must say, we got a very good price for the excellent quality we received (£700 pp inc flights). Food - Very nice, BBQ every night of our stay, deserts are lush, yes it does get repetitive but you expect that when all inclusive. Tea - Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Lamb, Spag Bog, Lasagne, Stew, Veg, Salad, Bread, Soup - don’t expect pork etc as they are all Muslim. Breakfast - Cereals, Toast, Eggs, Beef Sausage, Fresh Omelettes, Waffles with choc sauce (yummy), Salad, Bread. Lunch - Same as tea really apart from the BBQ, we used to have the meat and put it in sandwiches, very nice! All water is served in sealed bottles; we used to get 4 at a time so that our room was always stocked up. White & Red wine is only served during eating times. The hotel it self was extremely clean. The location is a bit out of the way from Naama Bay, but if you are going to relax and have some peace & quiet then this is the hotel. A taxi would cast around 120 Egyptian Pound for a return which is about £14, this was booked through the hotel but as we discovered, if you ask the security guards at the front of the hotel they will order a taxi for you which cost about 80 Egyptian Pound return, about £10. The hotel did have a lot of Russians & Italians but in all fairness, they never bothered us at all, there was the odd 1 that pushed in the food queue but they tend to mingle with their own crowd. The sister hotel (Sol Sharm) 1 minute across the road is the English side, anyone staying at Sol Cyrene can use their facilities, you just can’t eat or drink their. We did go to Sol Sharm to see what their pool was like and to be honest Sol Cyrene was much better, alot more space. Our pool was fab, we could get up at 9.30am and still get the same sunbeds as the day before! The beach is approx 3 - 5 minute walk from the hotel but they do run a shuttle bus for those that cant be bothered to walk! The beach is very nice, beautiful sea! Staff - FANTASTIC - Atif who works in the main restaurant was brill, always had drinks waiting for us and was very polite and we never once had to tip him! Mahmoud in the Sofun Bar is just fantastic, if you’re a lover of Baileys then ask him to make it for you, taste better than the real thing, i was drunk after about 3 :) I was amazed that cocktails were part of the all inclusive but only available from this bar, lovely! Please don’t listen to the bad reviews, I am quite fussy but this has been one of our best holidays. Enjoy your stay – we certainly did!!!! If you would like anymore info, please feel free to contact me.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

My friend and I were put in the Sol Cyrene after our room at the Amarante Garden Palms was not available.We were told we were being up graded to a 5 star hotel but I wouldnt even rate it a 2 star. The room was ok but I had a bed that was so hard it didnt even dip if you sat on it and I am a large lady! The cleaner(Ahmed) was lovely and produced some spectacular towel art for us,Mohammed our waiter was great and always had our table waiting for us and barman Hassan and Sherrif were great but we found the management and some of reception very rude and unhelpful as they didnt seem to want the English there! The food is absolutely disgusting and I spent all my holiday apart from 3 days really ill with food poisoning as the food leftover from dinner appears recycled for lunch.I lived on rolls and yoghurt and for last 3 days of my holiday on just water! Everything was cold or lukewarm and either swimming in water or oil! The pool is ok but very cold and we were told that it was the Italian and Russian pool and we shouldnt be using it!! The beach was dirty and every morning we saw dead cockroaches on the paths.I wouldnt wish this place on anyone........even my worst enemy!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Hotel itself looks really nice, but this is not defenitely 4,5 star hotel. Food was boring, everyday was the same menu, service not very good - they speak only Italian or Russian, very little English; sometimes we had to wait for drinks during dinner far too long. Swimming pools clean, beach quite small and busy but close to hotel.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
united kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

From the 1st impression when we go to make check in it was very nice man we didn’t stop laughing till his college take us to the rooms We spend nice time in there specially in the loopy bar and the pool bar nice bar men there good food friendly staff a lot of Russian and Italian the mother travel agent Italian I thinks as we spend there we was the only English people in there the rooms very clean with nice view on tiran island otherwise so far from the city and shuttle bus always no places you should reserve 1 day before the staff work so hard they should hire more staff they always ask you where you from when you speak in English. to spend the evening time you should go to sol sharm the sister hotel they work as 1 hotel but as they tow if you take any thing in sol sharm be sure they will make you bay for it the snacks not like that you expect in 4* hotel the all inclusive time should be more any way its nice hotel missing some little things like transportation to naama bay " don’t go with hotel taxi it so expensive " and there missing thing always the guest relation not on her disc in the loopy in any hotel you found her in the loopy but we never see her in this hotel when we ask about her they say'' she's in the office we can give her call ''so if you have any thing you want to say you should write it and they will check it or say it to the reception. Room service take along time so if you hungry in the night you should order it early be sure you will not lose any thing there I lost my I. pood & in the same night I found it will go back if I have a chance hoping to see some change in this little thing

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Taiyuan, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

All in all I thought that it was a beautiful and charming place. The food was good and the service was good as well. The only thing that I didn't like was some of the staff hitting on me and my friends and making us a bit uncomfortable. I suppose it might be that way wherever you may go but still... I also didnt really like how expensive it was to use the internet since you are already paying to stay there. I liked the location because it was right next to the Red Sea! It also made it possible to go to both Cairo and Jerusalem in day trips. It was very clean and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Hereford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

There is no doubt that the hotel is clean and tidy but the location is very poor the food is not for the English. After asking various members of staff for help in English the reply was mostly "we are here for the Italians and Russians". There are a good number of other hotels and I would certainly not go back here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Stayed here for 10 nights B&B this month.
I had read the other reviews on Trip Advisor but was still suprised at the lack of English at the hotel. Lots of Italians and Russians.
The food seemed geared towards the Italians which was fantasic as lots of variety and the standard was superb for Eygpt which seems quite low in some other hotels.
Pool was gorgeous but freezing. I was the only person swimming lengths each day and I had to brace myself to get in! I'm sure it will warm up as the weather gets warmer.
The staff are great. They all work like Trojans and are polite and friendly. The gardens are beautiful and well kept and the rooms cleaned to a high standard.
There was some Italian 'Animation' which was extremely loud by the pool. I think they mainly target the beach where most of the younger Italian guests go but they need to tone that down a bit I think.
DO NOT GO B&B to this hotel. Extremely expensive to buy bottles of water etc. The All-Inclusive option is a must, particularly with such wonderful food available. Also, don't expect Room Service to be good. I complained about this poor service at reception and they said that they did need to look at this.
Otherwise, had a lovely stay and really enjoyed it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Sol Cyrene? Share your experiences!