We have just returned from a 10 night stay at this resort. Before I go any further, I would like to stress that overall, we had a great family holiday....however, this was only after I came to terms that this was not going to be the 5 Star experience that we had hoped for and accepted it for the average resort that it is. As the Kids are now at an age when they are holidaying with their friends, I wanted this to be an unforgettable experience as it would be our final family vacation . I booked 2 x Executive rooms, 1 for me and my wife and 1 for my two girls. We were located in rooms 5414 and 5417. An excellent location for the pool and restaurant and I would like to thank Mohamed for pre booking us into these rooms..
When entering the room, it was like stepping back 20 years. The rooms are dated and tired, with dark wood wardrobes, cane furniture and walls needing a lick of paint. The main problem was the smell, especially in room 5417. When cane furniture is in a hot environment it smells and it was overpowering in 5417. To overcome this. a dettol smelling air freshener was placed in the air conditioning unit with the air con left on at all times. One of the cupboard doors were hanging by one hinge . 5 star means luxury ,comfort, attention to detail and good service...Cane furniture and drab furnishings do not represent luxury in my book . I am fortunate to travel the world with my job and I have experienced 5 star treatment and the Maritim Jolie does not offer this !!
I went to the reception to express my dissapointment and the only response I received was a repeated statement from the receptionist stating that the resort was three years old and it had the biggest pool in Sharm. He also kept stating that I should be grateful for my upgrade from a Superior Room to an Executive Room, even though I had paid for two Executive rooms...
Other Bad Points .....
1. The buffet food was not good... .however , we were prepared for this and went with low expectations. It is difficult to cater for so many nationalities but even so, it was poor.
2. The Waiters throughout the resort, both in the pool bar and the restaurant, thought their main task was to clear the tables rather than attend to the needs of the diners. We often ordered drinks and had to wait an eternity before they came. Ehab in the pool bar was the exception.
3. Diners being allowed in the Pool Bar and Restaurant without T Shirts. I do not want to see overweight, tatooed, middle aged men and women in all their glory when I am eating.This would not be allowed in a 5 star resort. I now realise that I am the only Englishman without a tattoo !
4. The whole resort looks tired... Tiles missing in the pool, paint coming off the kerbs, the grounds looking unkept with overgrown grass.
5. Although it states there is a lifeguard on patrol, he is noticeable by his absence. There is no one paying full attention to what is going on in the pool and this is an accident waiting to happen. At no time in 10 days did I see anyone patroling the pool.
1. The pool was great. The size is perfect and never seems overcrowded. Plenty of sunbeds to go round.
2. Although the Spa and Tattoo sellers are persistant they take no for an answer and are good fun. Attif was a character and I enjoyed passing the time of day with him.
3. Because of the sub standard Buffet we found ourselves using room service on a few occasions. Both the food and the service was excellent.
4. Take advantage of the on site Italian ... Again great food !
5. The guy who cleaned the rooms did a superb job. Clean towels and sheets on a regular basis.
6. Although the rooms are not 5 star, the size is perfect.
7. The accomadion layout of bungalows within open grounds is far better than the pile them high hotels.
8. The hotel taxis are reliable and rates reasonable.
9. The beach is fantastic with great snorkling and an ideal location.
To me, having worked hard all year round, all I ask for is to feel looked after during the only two weeks that I am not looking after everyone else. At no point did I feel this at Martim Jolie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious, modern designed Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula is a gorgeous 5 star resort comfortably spread over 200,000 sqm of lush, landscaped gardens. The hotel's oversized rooms are only some of the extravagant luxuries that make this the perfect place for relaxation for you and your family. Neighboring the Jolie Ville International Congress Center, the resort takes pride in its ability to welcome both business and leisure travellers with top service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel And Resort
- Sharm El Sheikh Peninsula
- Peninsula Sharm El-Sheikh