“Really good hotel and value for money!” 4 of 5 stars

Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Peace Road at Um Marikha Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #78 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Really good hotel and value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here back in 2011 with my boyfriend. Lovely hotel and staff. Good sized rooms and bathroom. Pool area was a good size, only struggled to get a sun lounger on one occasion. Only downside was we weren't all inclusive so it was quite difficult to get a drink or food as there was never any change in the tills and charging stuff to the room seemed like too much hassle for the staff!

• Stayed April 2012
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your praises for the staff will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

Khaled Ahmed, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have just returned from a week at this hotel. Booked it last July through Travelzoo & paid £900 for 2 people. This was including a supplement to get a better flight outbound too.
Check-in at the hotel was very efficient & the staff were so friendly. We were given a welcome drink & then taken to our room block on a golf buggy as the grounds are pretty extensive.
Our room was an executive one (part of the deal we booked) - it was absolutely huge. We had an Internet point, a fridge, with mineral water in it, an enormous bed, large wardrobe area (with a safe), very big bathroom, plus countless tables & chairs in the room! Two lovely large windows looking out onto the grounds. Outside we had 2 chairs & a table and a very large area to sit. The executive rooms are the 4 rooms on the sides of each block & are really lovely.
We were impressed with the food in the buffet restaurant & although there was not quite as much choice as other all-inclusive s I've stayed at - it was all nicely cooked. Lots of fresh fruit, breads & salads. In the mornings there was an omelette/egg bar where they made them to your liking.
In the evenings they often cooked chicken or other meats on a BBQ outside. The desserts looked great, I'm not into desserts so didn't have any but my husband said they were good. The staff in the restaurant were generally very good especially the smiley lady who greets you as you go in!
We were able to eat once in the Italian restaurant on all inclusive & that was decent food but slow service.
Drink was as plentiful as you wanted it to be. The beer was decent, the red wine was good too. We got rather into gin & tonics whilst there. They are LETHAL..... sooo strong (but so good)!!!! Didn't seem to give hangovers either so a major plus, hehe.
Pool staff were lovely, so friendly. They would put my towels down each morning in my preferred place. I tipped 2 of the guys a £1 coin & they seemed pleased. Most staff in my opinion, were courteous & couldn't do enough for you and this wasn't just to get a tip. They wanted to do it.
We found the whole hotel atmosphere totally relaxing, in fact I don't think I've ever felt so chilled out. There is an animation team who work long hours & very hard. Quite difficult for them as hotel wasn't full up so it was hard for them to get people to join in with activities. There was plenty going on though.
Pool bar/restaurant was good for lunch. 3 courses & decent choices. Great staff. We got the shuttle bus down to the sister hotel one day & had lunch there. Was also very good & nice to have a few different things to choose from. Staff there very polite too.
I had a henna tattoo and a deluxe pedicure & facial whilst at the hotel. I paid a tenner for the tattoo on my foot. Done by the lovely Atif, who was so nice to talk to. Sabry from the beauty salon persuaded me to have the treatments and they were amazing. I knocked the price down from 750 Egyptian dollars, to 600. Not necessarily a bargain but was a better treatment than you would get in the UK. I was in the salon for 2 & a half hours!!
We have stayed in Sharm twice before & had a little upset stomach but this time there were no problems in that department!! Drinking lots of water definitely helps.
I would definitely stay at the hotel again. It was a really good break away & although I didn't think it warranted 5 star, it's a good 4 star. People would have to be very picky not to enjoy it there.
Airport noise was not a problem - you were in doubt that the airport was close by but it really wasn't an issue at all, as although the planes were low, they were not stupidly noisy.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive if you can.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a great winter break at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your satisfaction with our service makes us more concern to make our best to be always at our valuable guests’ expectations

Your praises for the various team members will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Looking forward to your next visit

York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our third foreign holiday of the year & our first impressions were that it was a bit 4 star rather than 5 star, but we soon became very impressed....
Let's face it: staff in countries such as Egypt tend to be pleased to have a job & will generally be courteous & look after you very well indeed. With the exception of one rather surly waiter in the main bar, staff here were exceptional by any standards. In particular, Zulfakar (apologies if I've not spelled it correctly!!) - who I think was possibly the general manager - could not have done more when we had a problem with a leaking shower tray in the suite above ours: he went out of his way to ensure that our stay was great. Hassanien who is the overall catering manger greeted us every day with a lovely smile & friendly chatter & was a credit to the hotel. Hani (who I think was a senior bar manager) was equally smiling & friendly and exceptional by any standards. Finally, I'd mention little Mo who also made our stay so good with his smiling banter.
You'll see in my other reviews that I hardly ever mention individual staff - so this is a true tribute to their work & I hope the owners of this resort take note of how lucky they are to have such exceptional people working hard for them.
Regards the resort itself, it is relatively large for our liking but was really a very pleasant place to stay. The pool area was relatively quiet such that there was always dozens of sunbeds to choose from. The beach area (reached by a 5 minute bus ride then down 100 steps) was really good although the all-inc menu there was too limited for my liking with things like burgers not available as all inc but on a separate menu - why?? Also, it was a bit of a 12.00 rush for the limited number of tables & your seat was needed asap for more diners.
Overall, whilst I am not a lover of buffet-style dining, I must say that the food was of a far higher quality than typical buffets. Every night had a different theme (English, Asian, Egyptian etc) so there was a reasonable variety to the dining. You could always find something very tasty to suit your palate. This opinion seemed to be shared by everyone we overheard talking or whom we spoke to with the exception of one family who loudly said that they were going to McDonald for a decent meal (which is self-explanatory!!).
We used both the spa & hair salon several times during our 10 days stay. Overall, they were both excellent with massages that were world class. The only down-side was the hassling for extra money that seemed to pervade every transaction with some of the pricing being ridiculous (such as £10 to paint toe nails!). Recommended, nevertheless!
I think they also have it wrong with the non-inclusive bars which are basically unused. Not sure of this policy being successful! Equally, the Thai seemed usually deserted although we did have a better than usual meal there - but nothing that special compared to UK Thais....
Regards entertainment.... the English lady who sings twice a week was very good. The local chap who sang other nights was simply dreadful. I commented to the hotel that I thought that a 15% reduction in volume would give a 50% improvement in enjoyment to the audience and it did seem that the volume was actually toned down a little some nights. There was a fire twiddling act on once a week which I didn't see so cannot comment other than to say that I didn't want to see it having been to Egypt several times. I would, however, strongly recommend watching the whirling dervish who was amazing: how anyone can spin round so quickly for so long is beyond me.
We went into Naama to the obligatory Camel Bar & Hard Rock Cafe. I've not ben to Naama for 6 years and am amazed how much it has changed! We ended up staying till around 4.30 dancing in two of the many bedouin tented night clubs down the main street (actually at the one with the very thin gay? arab chap & at the one six or so further down with the midget) and we had a great night out. We also went down to Soho Square to the Ice Bar as well as the Champagne Bar - but thought the whole area was far too expensive for what it was. We ate in the Thai there & had a pretty decent meal - but so we should have hd at the price!
One downside to this resort is that it is adjacent to the flightpath to the airport so you are disturbed by aircraft noise when lying by the pool but you could hardly hear it from our room. To us it was no more than a bit of noise & would NOT put us off going here again.
Would I recommend this hotel? In a word, yes. There is really very little not to like about this place. We had a really lovely 10 days there and had intended to return about a week after we left with our daughters: unfortunately, I have been taken ill very shortly after our return so am unable to travel right now. We will, however, be returning for another fortnight as soon as I am well enough to travel.
Thanks to all & in particular those named above: we look forward to seeing you all again before too long.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near to the main restaurant
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for your post on TripAdvisor, very pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

All the suggestions and comments mentioned in your post will remain into consideration to see where improvements can be done especially for the All Inclusive menu at the beach to be always at your expectations

Your praises for the various team members especially Mr. Zulfakar (front office manager), Mr. Hassanien (Asst. F&B manager), Hani at the bar and Mo will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Thank you for recommending our hotel and looking forward to see you soon

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

If your looking for an action packed holiday then this isn't for you.
If your looking to chill out in the sun in a nice hotel then this is perfect.

Hotel is very quiet with wide open spaces plenty of room around the pool area, tennis courts, volleyball court, football area.
Next door to Golf Course.
There's also a good sized gym, table tennis and Spa.

Rooms are massive with a separate dressing area and huge bathroom.
Ours had a shower over the bath but the bath was extra wide and made for 2 people.
Our friends next door had a separate very large shower plus a bath so if you prefer the other email hotel and ask as there very very helpful.
Seating area indoors plus another one on your terrace which is very comfortable.

Pool was very clean although cold was bearable once you were in and was a good size perfect for laps.
Animation was available if you required it but wasn't in your face.
Small kids club and play park plus there own pool but not much else for kids to do.
A few shops although you can't buy cold drinks there.
A hairdressers and a beauty salon.

Everywhere was very clean, they spray for Mosquitos everywhere but you do still need a good insect repellent in the evenings.

Drinks from the bar were the usual local stuff but where as some of the hotels are undrinkable these weren't bad especially the lager.
Food was good. Never went hungry, always found something I liked, a different theme every night. Breakfast is excellent, yummy omelettes etc. Pool restaurant was surprising as it was more than your usual burgers and chips. Beach restaurant (at next door hotel). Was very good with paninis etc available as well as other things.

Reliable bus to the beach at the hotel next door.
Helpful reception staff.
All in all a great holiday will definitely go again.

Room Tip: If you want wifi in you room you need a room near reception BUT I took a wifi connector for the wire...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you had a great holiday at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your satisfaction makes us more concern to be always at our valuable guests’ expectation

Your praises for the reception staff will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Waiting for your next visit

Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My 2 daughters and I are just back from a really relaxing and enjoyable holiday at Maritim Jolie Peninsula Hotel. From check-in to check-out, the staff and the hotel were superb. We felt cared for and pampered from we arrived. Our room was massive and spotless. Food was excellent. My girls went diving for 3 days and I snorkled while they dived, the whole experience was brilliant. Thank you to all at Maritim Jolie for a wonderful holiday. We shall be back next year, Inshallah!.

Room Tip: Our Room was Fab. But a fair walk to the Dining Area, which kept us fit. We were in the 4800 section...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that you and your 2 daughters had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Your thanks will be shared with them and they will be grateful for that

Waiting for your next visit next year

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in July 2012 and i have only the most positive comments about the hotel - level of service, quality of food, size of rooms - everything is simply excellent! Check-in was very good and staff was friendly, people speak english so there were no problems to find something out. The only but huge disadvantage is the location, it's just in the middle of nowhere and you need to take a shuttle to get to the beach (which is honestly not the best by far) and to the center of Sharm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RoyalPeninsula_Hotel, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Valuable Guests,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, pleased to know that the service at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula met your expectations

Hopefully we can get another chance to welcome you once again

bournemouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I write this review reluctantly, we arrived at the hotel on the 1st March for a 50th birthday celebration. We arrived to find our booking cancelled and no rooms available, not the case the place was only half full. They could not give us two rooms together as we were travelling with our children, we were seperated and at the furthest away point from the complex facilities and my husband is disabled. The reception staff strugged their shoulders and not at all interested and said take it or leave it after we had travelled for hours. They dont treat women with any respect and as such did nothing to help. The swimming pool was freezing and many of the guests complained and the same thing happened, the reception staff strugged their shoulders. We have stayed in many top class hotels but this has to be the worst for customer service. Facilities are lacking within the poole area has only one bar that you have to walk a long way even if you are able. They sold food and my daughter found a hair in her pizza. The entertaiment was awful, the complex was like a prison, taxi drivers were rude that were based at the hotel and told us any old price that they decided even though it was written down.

The saving grace of this complex were the dining staff, waiters, absolutely charming and helpful, the food was ok but not five star by any means. If you have stayed in 5 star before this would equate to a 3 star. If you go to Egypt you would have to go to a 5 star hotel just to find a reasonable standard of food and accommodation. The attitude of the reception staff at this resort was appalling and needs to be addressed otherwise I wont be the only one complaining. This was meant to be my 50th birthday celebration and everything we asked for was not done or any requests carried out. Would you want your children in a room 5 apartments away from your own?. Would I stay there again? no but I must say you could not find more helpful dining staff, second to none and so friendly, always had a smile but unfortunately all other aspects of the complex failed us and our expectations and especially because of the reason to go there in the first place for such a special birthday.

The superior room was nothing special, the fridge was useless, nothing cold after being put in it, a lot ot the lights did not work?, buy your own milk, they dont have milk in their tea or coffee there. No shops to buy drinks so that you have to buy them at the pool bar or one of the other bars. A small shop that you could purchase chocolate bars or crisps. A few other gift shops, the beauty treatments were good but not cheap, the gym was ok, you had to pay to use the table tennis tables, smoking allowed in one of the bars so if your a non smoker there is another bar. Bedding in the room was changed infrequently, the beds were quite hard, standards are simply not 5 star as we know it but better than many lower star rated hotels in Egypt. Quite a long way from anywhere though there was a hotel mini bus that took us to nearby Naama Bay.

The airport is chaos, no order at all, no wheelchair available for my husband, security was a worry as the security guard was asleep, my daughter got through with all the things you would have taken off you at a British airport. No one looked at our passports on the way out of the country, The security device went off when I went through and no one fleeced me, I found it quite concerning and I dont think I would go back to Egypt in a hurry. This is our opinion only, Egypt was not for us and did not live up to our expectations.

Room Tip: A lot of rooms are a long way from the complex facilities, some have traffic noise. Go for an excec...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valuable Guests,

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review, regret to know that we didn’t live up to your expectation and you didn’t enjoy your stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula

Please be assured that it is our highest aim to make every stay at our Resort as comfortable as possible for our guests. Therefore we take your comments very seriously and there is exploration taken place at the moment and for sure actions will be taken and we will send the feedback to your private email

Once again sorry for being unsatisfied with our service and hopefully we can get another chance to change your idea about our hotel

Khaled Ahmed, General Manager

Been to Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!