This is my second time to egypt and by far the best.
The hotel was my second choice due to building work at the original one and all I can say is Im happy I changed it.
The transfer from airport is seamless and very quick, check in took all of 2 minutes where we were greated with welcome drinks and the concierge ready to take us to our room by golf buggy - nice touch in the heat.
Room is massive. Biggest hotel room I have had. Bathroom is the same, 2 sinks, double shower, huge bath - all very clean.
Pool is fantastic - its huge and there are plenty of sunbeds so no need to race out and reserve at crack of dawn. Free pool towels were also in abundance. Animation team do cvome round and ask you to join in, but then if they didnt im sure people would complain as they didnt know what was on so you cant win. After all its their job!
Music being played all day was nice touch it was not roudy but very chill out and relaxing.
Pool bar was great, cold drinks all day long. Did not eat here though to report on that.
You only get one bottle of water on arrival but if you can get bottles of water at all meal times and from the pool bar, so just make sure you take advantage of this - we had a fully stocked fridge at all times so no problem there.
Restaurant food was typical of egyptian hotels, each night was themed and they tried there best, you will never please everyone. Itialian was good, free meal there was from a limited menu, but still 3 courses included and could pay additional for other items. Food was mixed always a few meats, rice, pasta, salads breads etc. Sometime a little bland but its standard for all inclusive hotels.
Hotel entertainment was the usual. No problem though as you dint have to watch if you dont want to, no one is making you if like some people feel it is really bad.
I would defientely go back here again. Yes it is on flight path but its no hassle and you soon adjust and dont even notice.
Great holiday and I would recommend making your own judgment as I feel some of the negative comments on here are unjust.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious, modern designed Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula is a gorgeous 5 star resort comfortably spread over 200,000 sqm of lush, landscaped gardens. The hotel's oversized rooms are only some of the extravagant luxuries that make this the perfect place for relaxation for you and your family. Neighboring the Jolie Ville International Congress Center, the resort takes pride in its ability to welcome both business and leisure travellers with top service excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel And Resort
- Sharm El Sheikh Peninsula
- Peninsula Sharm El-Sheikh