“fantastic christmas.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
South West
“fantastic christmas.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

We stayed at the holiday village between 11th and 25th December and it is the best holiday we have ever had.. It even beats our 2 weeks in Cuba. The room was huge with great views and was constantly cleaned. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was 100%. The facilities at the hotel were fantastic with lots to do throughout the day and night including camels on the beach to have a ride on. We found the main buffett resturaunt brilliant with a large variety of food to choose from. The Chinese and Indian were ok but the Mediterranian was by far the nicest food and is well recommended. We spent most of our time around the heated pool which was great for the kids and was great for the adults as Ahmed the barman was constantly supplying us with drinks. We would like to give a big thankyou to Mohamran who was an outstanding waiter and made our two weeks stay even more enjoyable with a constant supply of drinks and extremely friendly attitude. First Choice were brilliant and very helpful if you had any queries, especially Sue the Manager and the evening entertainment guys were great fun . A big thanks to Simon and Adam for sorting out the Birthday surprise for my boyfriend. "Good luck to you guys, wherever you go next". First Choice had plenty of trips to choose from and we chose the red sea cruise. Well worth the money and a great day out. If you decide to go to the Holiday Village over the Christmas period you will not be dissapointed as our Christmas Eve Gala dinner and evening entertainment was made so special by all the staff that we didint want to come home. It was by far the best christmas that we have ever had. The Hotel even put stockings from santa on the bed for the children which brought tears to both mine and my boyfriends eyes. We found the whole experience absolutely amazing and told the management that we will be back for xmas 2009. They have vowed to better our experience. We cant wait to go back. We strongly recommend this hotel to anybody who is looking for a family holiday to Egypt. We would never go to any other hotel now. One thing that we would say that you may read on other peoples feed back is that there are a few rude russians but not as many as we expected and for us we found that the rudest and most ignorant people were infact the English which was a dissapointment given the effort that the Egyptians go to, to make your holiday perfect.

A HUGE THANKYOU TO ALL THE STAFF, MANAGEMENT AND FIRST CHOICE AT THE HOLIDAY VILLAGE RED SEA SHARM EL SHEIKH. SEE YOU IN 12 MONTHS.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,591)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Sevenoaks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

My boyfriend and I spent a week at the Holiday Village Red Sea over Christmas. We booked the holiday three days before we went and got a very very cheap deal, I found that teletext holidays were the cheapest for hotels in Sharm by far!
The Hotel is only a 10 minute transfer from the airport, we did know that this hotel is very popular with families so we were not surprised by the amount of children at the hotel but if you were hoping for a quiet romantic holiday then I would choose another hotel. If I had children I would defiantly go back to this hotel but for a young couple there was not much entertainment, this we would not have minded if the area surrounding the hotel had more to offer. The taxi journey to Naama Bay was about 20 minutes, please do not use the Hotel Taxi service they charge £150 Egyptian Pounds (return) instead of £70 -£100 depending on how much you haggle with the blue and white taxis at the gated entrance of the hotel. The area of the hotel is called Nabq and is still being hugely developed so there are no bars or restaurants outside the hotel and you get hassled a lot more than the Egyptians in Naama Bay.
The food at the hotel was as expected of an All Inclusive, fantastic for children and for people not so adventurous, but we found it to be quite repetitive so we eat out 3 times and the tokens you get for the A La Carte restaurants were good, although we did not go to the Chinese as we had heard bad reviews. I think the breakfast was the best as there was a lot of choice including an Egg Station where they made omelets and eggs to your liking.
The best place for shopping is the Old Market which is a 10 minute Taxi from Naama Bay and you should only pay £20 LE for this journey. Everything here is a lot cheaper than either Naama Bay or Nabq, there is also a fantastic restaurant that we went to called the Red Sea, it is at the entrance of the Old Market, the fish and shellfish are amazing and is also very cheap! They do not sell alcohol but you can by cheap beer or wine from the off license opposite and take it with you. Defiantly the place to go if you like seafood.
The Hotel was incredibly clean and well maintained, the gardens were spectacular, and the bedrooms were a very good size and the beds huge! One of my sun creams leaked in my bag so I used the laundry service and my clothes had never been so clean and looked like brand new! If you have any clothes that have a stain that you can’t get out take it with you as they charge 70p per item and they are incredibly good! The staff are very helpful and make the stay enjoyable by going out of their way to make you comfortable.
Please do not buy any of the tours from the reps at the Hotel, some are more than double the price that we paid for. We organized ours at a shop in Naama Bay but if you turn left out of the Hotel there is a little hut shop that organizes them as well. We went on a Snorkeling trip to Tiran Island which was fantastic although if you have small children it may not be perfect as you are on the boat for 4/5 hours and the sea was quite rough. Tiran Island is the best for snorkeling and Ras Mohammed is the best for diving. We also went Quad Biking through the desert which is a must, best time to go is in the afternoon at about 3pm so you can then watch the sunset and drive in the dark.

Conclusion: If you have children then this hotel is perfect and all the children seemed to really enjoy themselves. The Egyptians are incredibly nice people and I will defiantly go back although I will stay somewhere a lot closer to Naama Bay. You will be ill if you have ice in your drinks otherwise you should be fine neither of us was ill and we eat salad/fruit and vegetables you save a huge amount of money not having to pay for food and drinks but I would definitely recommend going out for dinner as it is a very pleasant experience. Overall the holiday was very good, I have no complaints about the hotel but I did not enjoy the surrounding area, reward a good service by tipping but do not feel pressured into giving people money, if you say La Shukrum which is No Thank you they will leave you alone.

• Liked — Gardens
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
staffs,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

We have just spent a week at this hotel.22nd - 29th December 2008.
We had a great family holiday with our 4 children aged 12,10,6 and 1.
On arrival, staff very helpful and room was fantastic. We had booked a select room and a junior suite. The select room was huge with an enormous bed and walk in wardrobe/dressing room.The junior suite was a bit smaller, but with same size bed and wardrobe.
Lovely and clean, with clean towels daily. Don't use the mini bar in the room, as it is very expensive.
The hotel grounds and pool areas were immaculate. There was a heated pool, but did become very busy, so we stayed by one of the others. You are issued with towel vouchers to get towels daily, so no need to take your own. We never had a problem finding beds, even at 11am most days.
Kids clubs great, plenty of activities for them if they want to.
We had our meals in the buffet restaurant, the variety was good and plenty of freshly cooked food while you wait.
all in all we had a super holiday and the only negative points were;lift not working and beds too hard! Feel free to email any questions

• Liked — Size of rooms and general cleanliness
  • Disliked — lift not working
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

We have just returned from spending Christmas at the holiday village. My husbnad was unsure about spending xmas abroad especially as they do not celebrate xmas there. Anyway what i can i say it was excellent.

ROOM
As we only booked last min we had to settle for a standard room, but that was more than sufficent, the room was large with a bed bigger than i have ever seen before. The mini bar does come stocked but is very expensive to use. They do supply you with 3 small bottles of water a day in your room which are free. The tv has more than enough english speaking channels and cartoon network, not that we spent much time watching the TV.

RESTAURANTS
The buffet restaurant was great there is such a large selection that you never get bored of the samefood twice. There are 3 gala restaurants, we did go to all of these and they were ok but in my opinion not as good as the buffet. There is also a seafood restaurant on the beach which you can use but we did not get chance to try it.

ENTERTAINMENT
The evening entertainment was ok, ideal for families the entertainment staff work very hard and peform so great shows. They did say they are leaving in Februaury so i am not sure what the entertainment will be like then. Be warned if you play bingo they get you to do a bingo dance first which is funny, the money you win is good aswell, i won 890 eqyptian pounds one night.

FACILITIES
There are plenty of pools, although as we went in December there was only one that was heated so everyone seemed to head for that one. There were plenty of beds around the pools though and the hotel also provide towels for you.

KIDS CLUBS
the kids clubs were great, the activites they offer for them are well thought out and all staff are british, they are very strict on safety which is reassuring.

FACILITIES

There is a lot of walking invloved to get from your room to different parts of the complex so if you are travelling with people that have mobility problemsi would suggest you request rooms close to the restaurant area.

the beach is lovely and there are plenty of beds to use there free of charge, there are also wind breakers which where great as the wind in Dec was cold and lying without the wind breaker was not plesent.

There are plenty of shops outside of the hotel and for the really fussy eaters there is a mcdonalds, kfc and burger outside aswell.

Myself and my son did get a tummy upset while we were there but my husband was fine and he is more adventurous with the food, so i think it is just pot luck if you are unwell. There is a pharmacy just outside the hotel so if you do suffer with an upset tummy, you can buy medication from there it cost me about £10 to buy stuff for myself and my son.

EXCURSIONS
I found that most of the excursions first choice had to offer were not really suitable for my 8yr old son. We did the seascope which was fun but in my opinion over priced. We booked quad biking with someone else as first choice woudl not allow under 16's to go, we got this £15 cheaper per head booking from a lady on the beach.

STAFF
All of the staff were fantastic, they really went out of there way to make you feel welcome. As it was xmas they tried so hard to give us an xmas experience. The hotel was decorated and they did xmas dinner. When we returned to our room on xmas eve night, they had put a little stocking and a chocolate santa on our beds which i though was a really nice touch.

They are currently building a marquee on teh beach for New years eve and theh entertainment they have lined up looks fantastic.

I woudl highly recommend the holiday village to all ages. I never go back to the same place twice and i am considering taking all of my family there in the summer.

Have a great holiday

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dorset, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

I and my family have visited Sharm on numerous occassions over the past few years, including 4 of the last 5 Xmas's. This was the first occassion where we went all inclusive and to be honest it will probably be the last. There was nothing much wrong with the food if roast beef, fried chicken, pizza etc is you bag. There was little in the way of egyptian, North African or middle eastern cuisine and I think that is a shame. That said, the bucket & spade brigade had few complaints and most of the kids seemed to enjoy the familiarity of the food. I personally would rathger visit some of the hundreds of good restaurants in Naama bay and old sharm. I was stunned that 90% of the clients at this hotel never set foot outside the gate of the hotel. I expect they will go home tellin their frinds that they went to egypt!!

Ok, a few positives. The room was excellent, I did pay an extra £300 for a superior room, it was woth the money. Many people paid extra for swim up rooms, a word of warning, most pools are not heated in Egypt and this means that you need a wet or drysuit to venture into the water. I'm sure those rooms would be great from May to October. But during qinter you are paying for something you will not use!

The grounds are very well kept by the army of staff and the whole complex is spotless.

Food is of a decent standard. I have no complaints about the quality, it just wasnt what we want to eat on Holiday. The food in the (inclusive) a la carte Restaurants was variable. We had superb meals in both Sari & Bamboo first time around but on the second occassion the food was p[oor in both. I'll assume the chef had the night off and the cleaner was cooking. The food in the main buffet was decent but lacked variety. We only eat there three or four times and only once for lunch so I wont say too much.

The entertainment deserves special mention. It was totally diabolical. Awful in the extreme, reminiscent of a 1950's Bognor Regis holiday camp. I understand the entertainment team are sacked come Feb, so it may be better when you go. My advise is to get on the bus or grab a cab outside the gate and head into Naama bay. Incidentally, you must haggle with the cabs. They will ask you for £100 (LE)egyptian ££ for a one way trip. You can get the return trip for £70LE if you haggle. That said if you idea of holiday fun is bingo and watching kids dip a biscuit in a cup of tea then this is the place for you.

A word of warning. First choice will try to take money off you for just about everything including many of the activities so the 'all inclusive' label is a bit of a misnomer.

Last point from me is that some of the clients at this resort leave a lot to be desired. There were a fair number of the beer for breakfast brigade present but the complex is big enough that you can avoid them easily. A small area of sub standard accomodation at the the hotel is let to russians and they are a whole new experience!!!

In summary, we had a great holiday, but it would not be our first choice. In future it will be back to better hotels closer to Naama bay for us.

• Liked — excellent quality rooms
  • Disliked — The beer for breakfast clientele
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2008

We have just returned from 10 days at the Holiday Village Red Sea and it was fab. I'd read lots of reviews before we went and I wasn't sure what to expect but I can honestly say the whole experience for myself, my husband and 2 children was fantastatic. The hotel was spotless, the rooms were huge, the gardens were lovely. My children spent alot of time in the heated pool and I was grateful that we never had to look too far for a sunbed. The beach was beautiful and the sea was so clear you can see the fish swimming around your legs; beware of the sea urchins though. We went on lots of trips; if you're planning on visiting the pyrimids flying is the best option. Its an early start an a packed day but well worth it. Snorkelling in Ras Mohammed was enchanting, and yes we did see Nemo. We went swimming with Dolphins which was wonderful and on the Stars and Dinner trip in the desert; I've never seen so many stars! All of these trips were completely new experiences for me as I'm a bit of a scaredy cat doing these things was amzaing. The weather was alot hotter than I'd expected it to be for December so we've all come back with a tan aswell, bonus! So having been there myself my conclusion is the staff, the food, the location, the cleanliness are all 5 star, the only thing that is 4 star is, as my husband calls it, th fit and finish of the place, in other words, parts of it are alittle 'tatty' for 5 star; but please dont let that put you off its a fantastic place and I would love to go again.

• Liked — The size of the rooms; the overall quality; the friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — The finish of the buildings could be better
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

thoroughly enjoyed the resort and its facilities. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was always clean and there was a varied variety of food. I have stayed in this hotel twice.
scuba diving fantastic and the massage was really relaxing and I am a bit of a scrooge with money but it was worth the price.

Stayed December 2008

Been to Coral Sea Holiday Village? Share your experiences!