“brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
kent
“brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We arrived on the evening ot the 22/10 for 10 nights,a short transfer from the airport but not disturbed by the planes,on arrival greeted with a cold drink & cold flannels which were very welcoming. The food was excellent & plenty of choice,in the featured restaurants some of the food you had to pay for but it was cleary marked so that you didnt make a mistake &Thalso other choices were free.Our room was perfect & the lad who cleaned it was brilliant,(6226) the staff were the friendliest ive ever come across.If there was 1 thing which i would like here it would be entertainment for adults in the evening as all that was available was the annimation team which catered for families.This entertainment could be in or around the bar areas.The place was spotless, would highly recommend & would return.

Room Tip: If you have children ask for a room by the water slides,no children by the relax pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shehab M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that your holiday experience was enjoyable, and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back as a valued repeater guest in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,032)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Others have covered this resort in reasonable detail however I do want to call out why this property gets my vote as the Best Resort I have ever stayed.
I have been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to stay in most sun related holiday destinations including a lot in the South Pacific.
For my sins, I am also an ex-hotelier so I understand what it takes to maintain this level of service and ambiance when you get this volume of visitors.
This resort far exceeds any other resort I have ever stayed in which includes some of the other global 5 star brands.
The key highlights (for me).
- A significant choice of pools that each provide their own ambiance. A good example is the Relax Pool that excludes all children and was truly peaceful. A leisure pool with a variety of water slides, an infinity pool with an amazing view over the bay, small plunge pools and a small triangular infinity pool ticked off in one corner of a cliff above the beach.
- Immediate instant access to the reef and the fish which was an amazing experience each morning at 6.00am.
- A terrace bar where you can watch the sun go down, have a drink and listen to some good lounge music.
- A really well equipped gym with amazing views over the bay where you could just get lost into you own thoughts.
- An amazing variety of very good quality food, freshly prepared.
- Six restaurants, different themes, different locations as well as grill restaurants for hamburgers or light snacks at the beach or beside the pool.

We upgraded to a Superior room when we arrived, solely because of the location that we wanted which was very near to the Relax Pool.

There is only one point that needs to be called out. If you are a business person or someone who needs to be connected even when you are on holiday, be prepared for the fact that this is a challenge. I found that connecting via wifi at 7.00am was no issue but as the day moves on and more and more folks connect, you cannot even get your email.

The single most defining factor for me was this. Over the first few days I watched a gentleman who I assumed to be the F&B Director, constantly working the restaurants. He was involved. He seated people, he cleared plates, he coached the staff and he spoke to the guests. In every other property I stay in the Executive staff are usually noticeable by their invisibility. So I introduced myself and to my surprise he is the Hotel Manager. For me - that say's it all. Congratulations Chris on having the professional ethics to get out of the office and get involved with your guests!! That is why this resort is so good. The Manager cares enough to be involved every day with his guests and at every meal time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we do appreciate it and we are delighted that your holiday was enjoyable, I will personally pass your compliments to Mr. Manoli, we thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back to our resort in the nearest future.

Warm regards from all of us.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Like most people writing on here I’d like to start by saying the staff were great and really helpful, always polite and greeted you with a smile

I'd been looking forward to going to the ROBB all year, with "most" of the reviews saying how good it was; yes you always get the odd one don't you? I never thought it would be me writing and having a moan!!
Room: Our room was tired at best, not the cleanest. The socket for the kettle didn't work and I had to carry the whole tray over to the other side of the room to make a coffee! We had ants in the room (block 7) which we noticed a few on the sides during the week but when we came to pack to leave they were EVERYWHERE!! in our bags, clothes etc, my wife was so stressed after opening a packet of sweets at the airport which was in her handbag to find ants running out all over the place, enough said.
Pool: Can't really complain about this area apart from the fact you have to get up early to put your towels out on the loungers to get one (if you can't beat them....) oh yes and the fight that broke out over one of the 3 x pods they have, with a Frenchman hitting a couple for moving his towel from the pod which he'd put there before 07:00 but didn't come off the beach until after 4pm to use, leaving it empty all day but was there for when he finally decided to use it, the couple seeing it empty all day went to use it and got punched when the frenchman finally decided to come off the beach and wan't to use it late that afternoon.
Food: Really good considering, but you pay for the extras which I would have expected to have received for a 5*, why go 5* otherwise if your still paying for the extra few luxuries.
Entertainment: What entertainment???????

Overall we had an Ok time, but didn't live up to expectations. Don't feel I got anything different or felt the supposedly 5* top of the range holiday sold to me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AngieHolmes, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

we would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. we apologise your stay with us wasn't what you expected and you experienced some problems. Our 24hr operator service are more than happy to take calls, when problems are reported they contact the relevant department. If you reported your kettle it would have been replaced immediately also we are sincerely sorry you discovered ants in your room. I would like to inform you we could have arranged our laundry service to clean them with no extra cost also our housekeeping to fumigate your room. We appreciate your comments about the room standard and we are currently aiming for some refurbishment and this normally take place as the hotel it's at it's lowest occupancy. We also apologise you didn't discover our entertainment team, they are displaying their shows at the arena just after the shopping area on stage every evening are shows from our local animation team mini disco for the little ones and different shows nightly also during the day is a full programme. We will certainly take on board all you comments, again we apologise and can only welcome you back with us in the near future.

Kind regards for the management team.
Wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I wont go into a lot of detail as all the previous reviews have this hotel covered. It is a lovely hotel with amazing staff, very attentive and a credit to the hotel. I have stayed in loads of 5* hotels and would rate this hotel as a very good 4*. We stayed in a standard room it was fine it could of done with updating. It wasnt the cleanest of rooms but fine, more detail needed with cleaning inside wardrobes and dusting etc. I emailed the hotel before we left mentioning we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and if they had a nice room with a nice view it would be greatly appreciated. We didnt receive a reply. We were given a room near the diving school overlooking the road, we had a good nights sleep so decided not the mention the room and stayed put. It would of been to receive even a bottle of wine which is quite standard in a lot of hotels and we kept our anniversary cards on show in our room incase the cleaner would of mentioned it.
Evening entertainment was diabolical this really needs to be addressed. As it goes dark quite early 5pm it makes the evening very long and with no entertainment the majority of people were sitting in reception on wifi!!!

Room Tip: Rooms near adults pool as its very central
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shehab M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
We wish to take the opportunity and thank you for spending your holiday with us and for your kind comments. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind Regards from all of us
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have recently returned from a week's holiday in Reef Oasis Blue Bay with my boyfriend and my parents. I could not have asked for anything better!

The weather at the time of year (late October) was perfect- around 35 degrees everyday! The only downside was the sun sets around 5pm which felt strange.

The hotel itself has something for everyone. My boyfriend loved watching the football in the pub! The relax pool (adults only) was perfect and we never struggled to get a sunbed at any pool, anytime of day.

We did 2 trips that were well organised through Thomson. My boyfriend and I, visited the pyramids and although it was a long trip it was well worth it- and returning to the hotel for fish and chips was great.

The food and drinks were great. Al Dente the Italian restaurant was delicious- but I recommend you book early and if possible book for two nights!! The cocktails were a bit disappointing if you want to get fussy.

The beach was a dream. Coming from an island I usually spend little time on beaches on holiday as I am so used to seeing the sea, however we loved this beach! Stepping of the jetty into the sea and seeing the reef was like watching finding nemo!! I would definately recommend buying a snorkel!!!!

The staff can not do more to help you.

All in all I will definately be returning!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shehab M, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your nice comments, and we’re all glad that your holiday with us was enjoyable. I took note of your observation regarding to the cocktails , thank you for bringing it to our attention, I will certainly look into it. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We look forward to welcome you back next year.

Kind regards from all of us
Southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the ROBB in May/June this year, we were a family of four in a 2 bed family room.

We really enjoyed our holiday here and if we found it a reasonable price would consider coming back, overall we were pleased with our first visit to Eqypt but this hotel could be outstanding with just a few extra little touches.
Firstly the negatives...i) the evening entertainment was dreadful. Every night it is performed by the animatation team who although enthusiastic don't really cut it as stage performers. Why not get in outside entertainment a couple of nights a week? Also the area used for the shows is too small and is located right in the middle of blocks of hotel rooms! Whilst nosing around the complex one day I came across a derelict fantastic amphitheatre located above the Eqyptian restaurant, not sure if had been used or was never finished but this was what the evening entertainment needed. When I asked one of the animators why it was'nt used he said that people did'nt come to it because there was no bar!! Here was negative number 2...... ii) why do all the bars shut at 6pm??? The only ones you could get a drink in after 6 pm were the ones at the top by reception, we liked sitting by the pool till gone 6 with sundowners watching all the early diners heading for dinner but had to grab a couple of drinks just before 6 or it was too late... this may have been because of negative number 3.... iii) staffing.. I know they were having a few problems in Cairo while we there and alot of the staff went home to Cairo on thier days off but these did'nt seem to be replaced. The restaurant staff worked extremely hard and were always run off thier feet, the guys in the caribbean bar were having to serve drinks cook and serve food and wait on the outside tables. This was not helped by groups of english kids ordering chips and burgers every 5 minutes, did they not eat an evening meal???
Negative iv) There was no atmosphere in the outside areas, not even some soft background music it just felt a bit weird. This was during the day and in the evening, there was an adults only pool area which I can understand why there was no music but we sat by the activity pool just because that was the only place you heard music and this only happened when the animator did her water aerobics (never want to hear summer of 69 by bryan adams ever again!!). Negative v) Plastic glasses??????? WHY!! I can understand why they have plastic glasses around the pool area where children are but in the adults only bar! Also the glasses they did give you in the upstairs bars were horrible.. cheap school canteen ones, we eventually got friendly enough with the bar staff and would ask for proper beer glasses which were great.
vi) some of the animators were not really interested in getting people involved. Often we would go down to the beach for the volleyball and no one would show up, on the way back we would see one of the animators wandering along the beach just chatting to people. Very rarely did we see or hear an animator trying to drum up numbers for the listed activity programmes, perhaps they were told not to but it made for a very dull game of volleyball (3 v 3)!
Finally vii) Where do we shower???? As per most Uk bound flights ours was in the evening, room check out was 12:00 although they let us stay in ours until 14:00 there was no room or shower facilities!. When I mentioned using the spa showers like we have done on our 2 previous AI holidays in Turkey they said this was not allowed as the spa was run by an independent company and they would not allow us in, what about a couple of rooms put aside for departing guests??? This may now have been resolved as one of the duty managers recognised this was a problem and many guests were unhappy about it, luckily we were given access to a room occupied by some friends we made on holiday..cheers Kris,Rick and Jakey!!

Now the positives.....

i) the 2 bed family rooms were great, seperate shower room,tv and fridge in the kids room and the a/c was excellent. Nice balcony overlooking the adult relax pool in block 4, only slight niggle was nothing in the fridges you have to stock these yourself (free soft drinks). We did have a problem with a/c one night when water started coming through the ceiling, dripping at first then by 05:00 it was pouring out. We turned the a/c off and reported the problem in the morning which was fixed during the day while were out, reception were very helpful and wanted to know why we did'nt call them in the night..... workmen in the room at 05:00 ? no thanks!
ii) The food was very good, we heard people complaining about the food but we found more than enough in the buffet restaurant to keep us all happy and you could book the a la cartes for as many nights as you wanted. The Italian was fantastic, we ate there 3 times and it was top notch everytime. We also enjoyed the Eqyptian, the menu was a little basic but the food and service were of a very high standard. Fishermans was ok, the selection of fish in the AI concept was'nt great and the children enjoyed this one the least. Although the waiter did offer to get some other food from the main restaurant when he saw my daughters grouchy looking face!.
We also had lunch in the seabreezes a couple of times, there was a nice variety of hot and cold food all well presented.
iii) the snorkelling off the hotels pier was brilliant. Once in the water it was very deep but even our slightly nervous kids loved it after the initial shock at the fact they could'nt see the ocean floor!
iv) the staff are fantastic in the bars and restaurants. The 2 mohammeds in the Caribbean bar were top guys who always had a smile on thier faces even when they were confronted by irate German tourists. They worked so hard all day every day they were a real credit to the hotel. The guy who worked the pool bar by the eqyptian restaurant was a little sullen that was until a couple of young Russian girls would appear at his bar then he changed into Mr Smiley - Flirty!!
v) the dive resort staff were really good. We took a day snorkelling trip with them to some nearby islands, great day out excellent boat, good food onboard and very professional staff on hand whenever we went into the water at the reef. They even let my 13 year old son go for a child price as he had only just turned 13 and the cut off was 12, every time we saw the dive staff around the resort they would stop and chat and they were not over the top with the sales patter either.
vi) the gym was well equipped with all the latest stuff and you had a nice view over the bay .

Overall we had a good time here, unfortunately we were comparing this to the last 2 years we have been to Turkey and they just seem to have the extra touches that were lacking here. As I said use the derelict amphitheatre, get in proper entertainment, buy some decent glasses invest in some in resort music system and sort shower facilities and this hotel would be even better.

Room Tip: Try block 4 overlooking the adult pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your nice comments, and we’re all glad that your holiday with us was enjoyable. I took note of your observation , thank you for bringing it to our attention, I will certainly look into it. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We look forward to welcome you back next year.

Kind regards from all of us
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The one negative we have is truly outwayed by all the positives - we had a lovely time...and I want to go back....usually I wouldn't go back to the same place. A couple of us went to the pyramids and we did the star gazing trip.......if you are going to do the second one YOU MUST RELAX! The arrangements for the internal flights to Cairo were really good and this trip is recommended.

Positives:
Staff are very friendly indeed and can't do enough to help (they didn't seem bothered about tips either.....a tip is a bonus I am sure, but they were always lovely either way). The staff work hard and long but are always smiling! The managers are in there too....getting their hands dirty and supporting the staff.)
Gardens exceptional and the pools beautiful, esp. the Adult's Relax pool. No problem getting sunbeds and no messing with towels.....you can get them at the pool and later at the beach, if you wish.
Food was varied and really good (I didn't expect that!)
Drinks ok....a bit limited but no restrictions (The house wines were also suprisingly good). Some resorts have endless 'rules'. The ROBB appears to be open all hours and non-restrictive. Lent us an ice bucket, champagne glasses and ice for us to drink the Moet we bought in duty free to celebrate a special occasion - we did this in a beautiful 'summer house' in the garden. The reef is really amazing......so easy to see the tropical fish (lots and varied) whether you are a diver, snorkler or neither!

Minor Negative:
The room we had was quite small, no bath and not really very clean. The fact that it was one of the furthest away from the 'action' turned out to be a bonus as we could enjoy the gardens and walk off some of the food! (There is a bus....and when we were very late, we were always given a lift in a buggy!)

NB: I'd love to know how to get a nicer room for next time.......and would happily pay extra.

Lucky you if you are going to this resort.......have a WONDERFUL time!

Room Tip: We did send two e mails before travelling in an attempt to get a good room - this was fruitless.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Been to Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort? Share your experiences!