“Next stay in march already booked” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special offer for couples
Ranked #12 of 235 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Budapest, Hungary
“Next stay in march already booked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We spendt a week between 18.12.2011-25.12.2011 at ROBB. This was our fifth stay in Egypt, and I must say it was surely the best resort of all. The unique location ( the hotel is on a cliff) allows beautiful views over the red sea and the mountains. This full panorama makes the resort so special. The food variety was good. We tried the egyptian restaurant, the italian a'la carte and the main buffett restaurant. We loved it all. During our stay we did not have any stomach problems. The resort seemed to be about 40-50 % booked, therefore the service at the bars or in the restaurant was very fast. Several staff member learned our name, those at the caribbean bar even our favorite drink. They also recognized us at the beach, at the entrance etc. we found it so funny. The coral reef is very nice, more or less intact. I did try diving for the first time ever. The crew at the dive center is very helpful and professional. We were told by our rep that Robb even for snorkelling or diving a very good choice is, as it is located in a bay - therefore less waves, currents, wind.
We fell so much in love with the resort, that we just booked our next stay in march 2012.
Many greetings : Edina from Hungary

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share with your most recent experience at the Robb. We are delighted that your stay was as enjoyable as it was for us by having you here. We look forward to welcome you back in March. Kind regards from all of us

1937
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Colchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at the reef oasis at the beginnng of the month and had a wonderful week. Firstly I would like to say that anyone who gives this place negative reviews need to realise that 5 star in this part of the world is not the equivalent of a five star on park lane and that to get this they would need to pay far more than they paid for a week at this lovely hotel.
The hotel is huge and the grounds are beautiful and very well looked after by a hard working army of gardeners. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, if a little dated but this makes no difference to us. The pools are all fantastic, too many to make the most of all of them. Only one is heated but that's fair enough at low occupancy. The only downside was it being too cold for me to go on the waterslides but this wasn't a priority for me so no big deal. My priorities were eating good food, drinking and relaxing in a pleasant environment and it certainly lived up to this. The food in the buffets was lovely and loads to choose from. We ate In bay view most nights and we recieved exceptional service from akram, who was so friendly and made sure our glasses were never empty. We were so well looked after that we
nearly didn't bother going anywhere else! However we did try al dente and kebabgi. The service in al dente was poor and the food to us was just buffet food plated up. Kebabgi however was fantastic. Great food and amazing friendly service. The service at breakfast wasn't great if you wanted hot drinks but aside from this breakfast was fantastic, huge choice. Neither of us were ill in the week which is the thing that had put us off Egypt before.
The bars were very dated so I would say this was the negative that stood out the most. However the local drinks offered are fine which is the main thing as my husband and i don't need modern decor for a fun evening out!
The animation team are great fun so we joined in a little but when we didn't want to there were plenty of peaceful places to sunbathe and completely relax. Each pool had a bar but service at your sunlounger is hit and miss so it couldn't be relied on.
The beach is lovely and the jetty onto the reef is spectacular. The dive team are fantastic. I'm scared of the sea but they persuaded me to do a free 15 min scuba trial and I'm so glad I did, amazing!
The shopping bazaar is a lovely bonus and the people In the shops aren't pushy, do haggle with them to at least half their starting price. A tip for boat trips and quad biking is to use united submarines in the bazaar where you can haggle a little. Thompson charge a lot more and they use the same excursion people. We wished we'd known this for the submarine boat trip!
We used the gym a lot which has all you could need.
The thing that barely gets mentioned on reviews is the phenomenal view from this hotel. The view accross the bay to the mountains on the other side is something I never got tired of looking at.
All in all a fantastic hotel. We only gave four because of the inconsistency in service and dated areas but if 4.5 was an option
we'd give that. But we wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel and felt it was superb value for money.

• Stayed December 2011
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Dear Guest, “FigiW” Thank you for choosing our resort and for taking the time to share with all of us your most recent experience while at the Robb. Thank you for been so candid about the 5* terminology. Indeed some of us seem to confuse the top 5* properties in London or Paris with 5* all inclusive hotels in our part of the world. They keep forgetting the variance in price.. I did respond to the previous review in more detail. I do apologize for the slow service you experienced in the main restaurant during breakfast and I regret to learn that the food wasn’t as expected at the Italian restaurant. Thank you once again for your feedback. Comments such as yours do help us to improve our overall performance and services towards our valued guests. Allow us to wish you a Happy and prosperous New Year, and we all look forward to welcome you back in 2012. Kind regards from all of us
Wakefield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

We arrived on 15th Dec at 6.30pm. Airport had been a nightmare and proved to be the same on flight home, no organisation, constant queing and chaos.
Good first impressions of the hotel, the lobby area was nice, all decorated with xmas trees etc, carols playing constantly. We were told on the bus that this was one of the best hotels in Sharm and so far so good. Checked in all ok, were taken to the room on a buggy which was good fun, we couldnt stop laughing all the way. Room 1234, family room on 1st floor was massive and ideal for us. separate room that locked for the kids (12 &17) just of the entrance hall.
The weather was great for the week, just a couple of days of cloud, other than that it was really hot in the day. Cooler some evenings than others, depending on the wind.

HOTEL GROUNDS
Lovely gardens all maintained, very nice to wander through back and forward to your room. Gardeners constantly doing something.

POOLS
There are numeorus pools around and some are hard to find. Only one is heated i believe and was very crowded beacuse it was December. The main pool had a beautiful view over the sea, but was freezing cold and I only ever saw the odd couple of people in it over the week. I ventured in once with my son, but it literally took your breath away. Was a shame cos it was a beautiful spot to lay on your lounger.

FOOD
Was ok, but certainly not 5* standard. We ate in the restraunt most nights and always managed to find something but you expect a little more choice sometimes for a 5*. Normally I cannot understand people criticing the food choice, but I think they are sometimes justified in this case. We sampled the Italian, wich was ok, food served to table which was nice, but the portions were far too small for me. I had lasange and it was very small indeed, i had finished within 5 minutes. Snacks in the day consited of toasties, chicken sandwich, burger which were all good and nice to sit on the terrace over looking the pool and sea. Breakfast was standard enough, eggs bacon sausage which were all good. We tried the sea breeze to eat breakfast on a couple of occasions but the flies are bad, and you cannot leave your food or the birds will land on your table. Views were stunning though, but opted back to the main restaurant. Staff in all the eating places were first class and very polite and helpful.

DRINKS
Selection of local spirits, wine, soft drinks, water are all inclusive. You dont get a bottle of water at the bar you get a glass, although small and large bottles left daily in mini bar in your room. If you want malibu or any named drinks its all charge. The beer (Stella) is certainly not our Stella but its ok to a point. There was an offer on of 5 bottles of heineken for 100 Egy pounds (£12) which I used a couple of times. Baileys was £6 a shot, which was a little excessive I thought.

OVERALL
We had a good break, weather was great, snorkelling was great. Room was cleaned everyday, but sometimes very late in the day. My daughter felt unwell one day and wanted to just go back to the room. It wasnt cleaned until after 4pm which I think is a bit late. If you look under beds and behind curtains etc, the cleaning is not the best, but for the time we spent in the room it didnt affect the stay. The rooms are starting to look a little dated, especially the bahroom which was tired and needed some TLC.
Dont be put off by the 3 blobs i've given it, we had a great time and would consider returning same time next year. I am comparing things to our summer holiday in Baia lara in Antalya which was a 5* (see review)
Everyone at the Reef Oasis makes you feel welcome, it just lacks the 5* touch and feel at times and rooms need updating in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your opinion and rating on 5* resorts. I must say, it’s like a chain reaction the 5* bit, that we’ve been experiencing recently. Let me explain and make it very simple. We must Not confuse 5* services and food in all inclusive hotels with 5* bed and breakfast hotels OR 5* hotels that cost from €150.00 to €200.00 plus per night for the room alone, and anything over €25.00 to €30.00 for breakfast…Of course they’ll give freshly squeezed juices, superior fruit, quality bacon etc. and if you happen to visit an Italian restaurant in the same hotel, they get you for €15.00 plus for a starter of Lasagna, and I wouldn’t call it a large portion. Beers 5 to 6 euro’s, and of course not our Stella. The good stuff Stella Artois and cocktails anything between 8 and 9. Incidentally in our Italian if felt the portion is small you may ask for more we won’t charge as long as everyone’s happy. After all that’s what we here for, to satisfy our guests. And I must add the local Stella, isn’t bad. I drink it, and believe me I have travelled. FYI there is a 400% tax on all imported alcohol in Egypt. The water is from a 5 liter water bottle, and if a glass isn’t sufficient, guests may ask for as many glasses as they like, it’s not an issue. As for the choice of food, we always believed the choice we offer is huge..But again we can’t please everyone, with over 14 hot dishes, 2 pasta dishes daily, 20 odd salads, 2 soups, 2 carvings, a couple of grilled items such as chicken breast or beef, 15 varieties of breads, 3 to 4 selections of cheese, 15 odd desserts, 3 flavours of Ice cream etc..We do have some fussy guests who say it’s not enough choice… What can I say… You’re absolutely correct we are not a 5*, to be compared with 5* European or Asian hotels that cost triple than what we get for the room and 24 hours food and beverage service, all you can eat and drink.. Been around and experience many 5* hotels, surely if I pay €25.00 t0 €30.00 plus for a main course alone, perhaps the quality of the product will be better than what you get in an all inclusive hotel. It all boils down to what you pay. I do appreciate your feedback, we thank you and look forward to have the pleasure to serve you again in the nearest future. Have a great year & Kind Regards from all of us
Brussels area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Last November we returned to the ROBB for the third time in less than two years.
We booked our stay with the VIP Selection service of the Belgian tour operator Jetair, which gives visitors of this hotel access to some privileges like a superior room and breakfast & lunch at the Fishermen's restaurant, where the food and service are outstanding.
Once again we were impressed by the excellent service provided all over the place by a professional, enthusiastic and friendly staff. The hotel infrastructure is one of the most beautiful and well kept we've ever seen, but it is the personnel that really makes the difference here.
Reason why we'd like to thank some people in person: Ayman, F&B assistant manager, Omar at the Fishermen's, Mahmoud at the Sea Breeze, waitress Edelyn, pool boy Raed and the cleaner of our room 2209 (sorry but we don't remember his name).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share with your most recent experience at the Robb. We are delighted that your stay was as enjoyable as it was for us by having you here. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind regards from all of us
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is the first time we have ever returned to a hotel/resort for a second visit, there seem to be too many amazing places to visit in the world to do this!! However, our first visit was in Dec 2010, shortly after the shark attacks, so my husband couldnt snorkel (which was the point of the holiday!)

So, we decided to return, and didnt want to take any chances by booking a different hotel and potentially being disappointed.

This resort is beautiful, immaculate and clean. We had a "junior suite" this time instead of the "deluxe" room, but to be honest, apart from having a bath and a shower, there wasnt much difference. It was still a nice size, and cleaned well every day. The one difference I would mention is that we were closer to the entertainment area this time (we preferred being at the back of the resort as the walk back to our rooms after the fabulous food was much needed) This meant we could hear the entertainment this time, when we couldnt last time. Now, it stopped by 10.30, so you couldnt really complain, but we found if you put on the airconditioning, this effectively drowned it out anyway.

The food was amazing, we ate in the Italian 3 nights (my favourite food!), the fish restaurant 2 nights (where I had the most AMAZING steak I have ever had! - I dont like fish, long story......!) and also had one night in the french restaurant that you had to pay for. Now, the food in there was something else, although I do have simple tastes so it made little odds to me and I probably preferred the others to be honest. However, if you do like the finer things in your food life, its definitely worth a visit!

Again, because we had an upgraded room, we had breakfast in the Fishermans, which was also fabulous. It was nice to be away from the hussle and bustle of the main restaurant. You also get free fresh orange juice and the most fabulous cakes and the manager there was very friendly.

We ate at the beachside restaurant for lunch every day, and they always had a good selection, even for my limited tastes.

All of the staff, without exception, were friendly, courteous and helpful. The Egyptians seem to have a wonderful sense of humour, they were always cheerful.

We are not much into entertainment, didnt see any at the hotel, and was not bothered at the distance into sharm itself, its not what we were there for. We were there to sleep and eat!!

It was quieter there than it was this time last year, I dont know if it is partly to do with the recession and also concerns about visiting Egypt itself. There was, and never has been, any sign of trouble at Sharm, and if you are going to visit then I think it is worth making sure you are staying at a nice hotel.

If you have stayed at 5* hotels in Greece/Cyprus, then I personally think this is easily on a par with those. If you have been lucky enough to stay in a 5* in say, the Bahamas, yes you will see a difference. However, you will also see a difference in your bank balance!!

I honestly dont see how you could knock this place for the money you pay. No where is perfect, but I think the effort put in by the staff here is second to none, and I would not be worried to recommend it to anyone.

Fabulous!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, but its a bit of a walk if you are elderly. Would recommend the upgr...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear guest, thank you for choosing us for the second time and for your lovely review. I'm pleased you enjoyed our facilities and services offered. The Italian is one of our most popular restaurants and overall we do get many favourable comments. You're absolutely correct, Sharm is experiencing a drop in business due to the situation in Cairo, and although things are very much normal in our destination, it has affected us in a way. I will pass your compliments to all concerned and I'm sure our team members will be delighted. We look forward to welcome you for the 3rd time in 2012. Have a happy and prosperous New Year. Kind regards from all of us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011 via mobile

Just came back from 11 nights at Reef Oasis Blue Bay, what can we say, excellent food, wicked views and great service from all the staff. Only disappointment was on arrival to Sharm total shambles once through customs then no problems. Also on return flight same shambles have to go through two security zone approximately 10 flights going out.

• Stayed December 2011
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

This was our second visit to Sharm. Last year we visited this hotels sister hotel- Reef Oasis Blue Bay- and we were not too impressed with it. We decided to pay more and visit the Blus Bay and were very glad we did. Much better service and food at this hotel. The pool areas are lovely as in the beach terrace. We enjoyed eating in the buffet and Italian restaurants best. The sports bar was a bonus as we could watch some of the football matches which are shown live. The nightlife is a bit low key but that never bothers us. I would definitely return to this hotel in Sharm and have recommended it to others who have since returned and been pleased with it too.

Room Tip: There are rooms near adult pool and others near children's pool. Maybe request which suit you.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share with us all, your most recent experience while at the Robb. We are indeed delighted that your stay with us was as enjoyable as it was for us by having you at our resort. I will share your compliments with all the team members that put in the extra mile. Thank you once again . We wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year and we all look forward to welcome you back sometime in 2012. Kind regards from all of us.

Been to Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort? Share your experiences!