“Fantastic Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

The Reef Oasis Blue Bay Spa Resort was pretty much perfect.
As soon as we arrived we were given such a friendly welcome and were taken to our deluxe room which we were more then happy with. The room size was great, overlooked the leisure pool and was only a 5 minute walk to the main reception.
All the staff throughout our break away were fantastic and I really can't fault anyone. I do have to make a special mention about HANY MOHAMED who worked upstairs in the pub, he was one of the first members of staff we met and certainly made us feel at home. I really want you to know that he is an asset to the Reef Oasis Blue Bay and if you are in the pub area ask for him because he is such a friendly face.
We spent most our time at the infinity pool throughout the day and ended at the leisure pool which was right beside our room which had the flumes, this was great fun!!
The food was amazing, make sure you book into the Italian and fisherman's though they are gorgeous. Due to us staying in a deluxe room we were able to eat at the fisherman's for breakfast and we found that a lot better then the main buffet.
The beach was also great, very clean and great for swimming with the fish. Also the area where the jacuzzis are were breath taken.
I had a massage at the spa which was fabulous and my boyfriend said the gym was superb.
The shop keepers at the resort can be annoying to start of with there are a few that are fine but you need to stand your ground and tell them that your not interested in coming in to there shop. The two guys at the photo shop (Huseyin and his friend) who were the photographer's were great fun and we purchased a few great photo's from them.
The animation team were the entertainment most nights and were really funny. Also the girls throughout the day done aqua fit which I joined in with and was a great 30min of fun!!!
We went to Namma Bay once and found it slightly irritating and really didn't feel that comfortable but that's just our opinion.

Overall the holiday was amazing we were so happy with the ROBB and we will be back. Thank you so much for a fantastic holiday we really needed a good relaxing break and you certainly gave us that.

One thing..........men have to wear full length trousers in the restaurants so were turned away the first night due to my boyfriend having smart shorts on. This should be something that is told to you when booking the holiday. It may seem silly but when u go on holiday to somewhere you know its going to be hot you don't take trousers. Luckily he had traveled in tracksuit bottoms but seemed even more silly he was allowed to wear them because they are so casual. Anyway every night we booked into the restaurants he wore them and we had to back to our room to change to more suitable clothing.

lisa and pieyam

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,028)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Again another fantastic holiday - this is the 5th time we have been to this hotel and it is just so good - staff are brilliant - wouldn't go anywhere else in Sharm - will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

This was my first time in Sharm and I travelled here with my girlfriend for a 2 week break. I was very concerned about the reports I keep reading about bad food and illness over there so was careful to review all hotels very carefully, finally opting to go with this one based, largely, on trip adviser reports.

Well, I need not have worried, from the moment we arrived we were treat like royalty by every member of staff we encountered... be it a gardener, a cleaner, a waiter or a member of management, all were very courteous and couldnt do enough to help us, even on my occasional 3am excursion to the bar for a steak sandwich and a beer.
(I sometimes struggle to sleep on holiday)

Check in was easy and we were taken to our room on a gold buggy... perfect aftera long flight, we were tired and needed to relax. the place is lit incredibly with mood lighting everywhere the eye can see, it truly is beautiful.

The restaurants were all very good indeed and more than I expected from any AI resort, especially the Kebabgi restaurant which was my favourite, but even the main food restaurant had a different theme every night and I cannot imagine anyone going there and not enjoying the food. Ok, its not to the standard of a stand alone UK restaurant, but I doubt any facility catering for hundreds of people with ready to serve food every will or indeed can be. It was good food, well cooked (And I am fussy and a complainer in restaurants if food and service is poor) and plenty of it. The puddings in fact were exceptional and I could easily have ruined 20 years as a regular at the gym if I didnt excersize self control here, However, I admit, I sometimes ate less main course just to leave sensible room for deserts as there were so many to choose from... doh!

Food was available from 7am in three venues of a morning, right through until 11am, so no dramas having to get up early which is nice for the missus, however, I was usually up and under the sea diving by 9am so an early feed was well appreciated. as always, service at breakfast was exemplerary.

Snacks are available 24/7 and all the pools have a selection of hot foods to help yourself too, as well as all the usual free drinks etc. the pools were large, plenty of variety including an adults only pool which was very nice for us. Each has music too, the family pool with slides etc being very loud and good fun if you were feeling like some activity instead of just peacefull reading.

The room was large and well up to expectations for an egyptian 5* and contained a nice wet room that made showering regularly a joy rather than a chore as it can be in some hotels. The TV worked and had plenty of channels although we only ever used it for background noise. If I had to complain it was that some evenings there was a sewerage type smell from the drain in the wet room, but I soon discovered that a folded towel placed over it solved the problem. Cleaners visited every day and left lovely sculptures out of the towels and fresh flower petals most days.

A nice touch was we were given a handfull of mini bar vouchers that allowed us to pop to thier on site shop and exchange a voucher for 6 drinks of our choice. this meant we could top up with diet coke for me, sprite for her and water for teeth cleaning and drinking rather than have to make do with what the hotel offers. VERY nice idea. Loved it.

The beach is large and well equiped with beds and we never saw a day with more bathers than beds but be aware that it is a man made beach and does NOT have any sloping sand entry point as some brits will require so please bear this in mind. The hotel is on its own private reef so access to the water is by jetty only. Dont take this as a bad thing, its a snorkelling and diving paradise as i will come to soon... but if your nervous of water and want waist deep sea to play in, this beach is NOT for you sadly.

The diving.
Well, as a diver, this was one of my main concerns and believe me, this place does not dissapoint. they must be one of the best outfits in Sharm for this and the absolute ease with which you can dive a few times a day is incredible. The dive centre is on the beach, a 30 second walk from the jetty, there are staff on hand to look after your every need, from suiting up to showering back off. They store all your gear for you all week so you dont have to lug it around and they offer every PADI course under the sun with a lot of very polite, friendly instructors. Your non diving spouse can sunbathe right next to you as your suit up, walk to the jetty with you, snorkel above you as you dive and retire back to her reserved sun lounger when bored of snorkelling and watch you come back. No misserable buses or boat trips involved. Diving Nirvana... cant want to go back!

TIPS?
NEVER drink the water in Egypt. Our bodies are not aclimatised to the local bugs and thats why most brits get ill, the water and dehydration (Usually caused by too much alcohol.)

If you do get tummy bugs, and you may... then use LOCAL drugs from teh onsite chemist.
I got teh runs so many people complain of after about 5 days and a trip to teh on site chemist saw me come out with two different sets of pills that had me right as rain by teh very next day with no further problems. I am reliably informed this isnt always teh case if you use Uk drugs... there is a very good saying worth remembering (my GF is a nurse), its "Local drugs for Local bugs"

Downsides?
Only 1... the evening entertainment was poor. very litte to do, so we hit the famous Naana Bay as its only £6 by cab so not really a drama if you want to be entertained.

Thanks for reading... if you have made it this far, congratulations, now go and click BOOK NOW. you wont be dissapointed. :)

Room Tip: Rooms with lower numbers are closer to reception, if you want to sleep EARLY IE: before 11pm, be sur...
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed (Me, my partner (39 years), child (8 years) and parents (55 years) at the Reef Oasis Feb 2010 and had an excellent time, absolutely nothing to complain about, due to this we returned again Oct 2011 and again it was a very pleasant stay, except for the food.

Staff - Excellent, very attentive not too over bearing (as many Egyptians can be in pursuit of your money), special mention to the staff cleaning the our rooms who would make wonderful displays out of towels and flowers in the bedrooms every couple of days (crocodiles, swans, birthday cakes) which really made us (and kids) all feel special.

Resort - Again excellent, adult pool, main family pool and kids pool with slides all great. Resorts very peaceful and great for a relaxing holiday.

Entertainment - At night okay, show put on every night except for Friday (day off for animation team), very basic and they shows they put on were identical to what we had seen in Feb 2010, but good family entertainment.

Food - Poor, the majority of people will eat in the bay view buffet restaurant and when we came in Feb 2010 it was excellent lots of options, English, German, Egyptian etc. However the standard has now dropped. in Oct 2011 there was no where near as much choice, on several nights we had to resort to eating "Chip butties" due to the food being very poor, the majority of which appeared to be more suited to their German and Russain guests.

Luckily you can get Fish and Chips or steak sandwiches from "The Pub" throughout the day.

There are also a couple of restaurants you can book in to and in which the majority of food is included in the all inclusive package, Al Dente (Italian) and Fish restaurant, however the food in these places is very poor.

On reading this you make get the impression that we are quite fussy, however it couldn't be further from the point, all of us do have diverse pallets, but appreciate a good standard of food.

My overall advise would be Blue Reef Oasis a great hotel, only let down by sub standard food which when you've got no other option but to eat it for 14 days is very annoying. (You are not able to leave the resort and go to nearby restaurant, there are none)

On a side note I would not recommend any of the trips, all everyone wants to do here is sell you C??p or get tips from you this was summed up in 2 examples.

Firstly, the buggy rides (£24 each), they drove us in to the middle of a desert where we stopped at a small clearing and when we got there they proceeded to tell me a story about tea and tried to sell us all a camels tooth with my initial on it, no wonder the camels always look miserable

Secondly, when we got dropped back of at the hotel the driver stood at the side of the bus with his hand out saying tip, when all he had done was drive me to my hotel, which he had already been paid for. When I told him no and spat on the floor,

My conclusion Egypt is horrible, fortunately being in an all inclusive resort in sharm el sheikh we didn't have to see any of it, if the food was better (as it was previously) i would give this resort 5 stars and call it paradise.

Room Tip: the higher the number room the further you are away from the main bars and restaurants, try and get...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This was our third year at Sharm and the best hotel yet. The first year we stayed all inclusive at Sonesta Beach Resort which was okay and last year we stayed all inclusive at Hilton Dreams which was also okay but I do have to say that you get what you pay for.

We were impressed from the moment we got there as we did not have to wear a wrist band. There were six restaurants to choose from in the evening and three to choose from for breakfast. There were at least five pools to choose from but we sunbathed at the one nearest to our room. The barmen were really nice and there was music all day long so you don't need to take any with you. There was croisssants available up until noon and then there was hot and cold food served until around six oclock which was when the restaurants opened for evening service. You could get food twenty four hours of the day so no need to buy any unless you wanted a chocolate bar or an ice lolly / ice-cream.

Our only disappointment was that when we arrived at our room, the smell of nicotine was so strong it made me feel sick. My husband explained to the person on the desk that we had asked for a non-smoking room but was told that there were no other rooms available. The same thing happened to us last year at Hilton Dreams.

The barmen and waiters were always keen to help and share a joke, and if you had wine with the meal, the glass was never more than half empty! The buffet meals were well presented, and had a wide range of choice, and different themed nights. It was also good to have a change and be waited on at one of the a la carte restaurants. The Al Dente Italian was very good, and only a few dishes incurred a premium, which was clearly marked, unlike other resorts.

The Red Sea was as clear as ever, and the resorts reef remained unspoiled and full of fish, unlike those closer to Naama Bay, where the coral has been trampled on by countless careless tourists. The drop from the edge of the reef was sudden and spectacular! Loads of room and plenty of beds and umbrellas on the beach and around the various pools (catering from quiet small backwaters, to full on larger pools with the usual entertainment provided by the lively Entertainments team).

Overall, a very good AI resort, and one to which we would return - the only blemish being the "smoky" room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you ask for ie. Double bed, non-smoking.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Managment99, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your nice comments, and we’re all glad that your holiday with us was enjoyable. I took note of your observation regarding to the smell of nicotine in your room, thank you for bringing it to our attention, I will certainly look into it. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We look forward to welcome you back next year.

Kind regards from all of us
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort in Sharm El Shiekh for 10 nights, 19-29 September 2011. After a leaving booking till 1 week before traveling I found the reviews on TripAdvisor really helpful. The Reef Oasis really is a super place and i feel its website and booking info sells it short. The setting and views are amazing in the beautiful, peaceful secluded Blue Bay.
Set well off from the main drag you feel safe behind the gated entrance. The basic room was more than adequate with a huge bed, mini fridge and essential air conditioning.The cleanliness overall was very good, with bedding and towels changed daily, staff work hard throughout the day cleaning the rooms and tending to the grounds. The service we had all over the resort was first class. The food was plentiful, really fresh and tasty. There is something for everyone for sure. The pool areas all have a different vibe and towels and beds were easy to get. On the reviews I had read on TripAdvisor some mentioned tipping to be a problem. We did not experience this at all. You can discreetly tip bar staff and get the branded instead of house booze. We didn't but saw this done a lot. Having been out on the main road into Naama Bay the Reef Oasis Blue Bay really stands out as a cut above so many of the other hotels and is a 10 minute taxi drive away from the bright lights and bustle of this popular area. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed September 2011
Managment99, Manager at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience while visiting our resort. We are indeed delighted that you've enjoyed your holiday with us. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future, Warm Regards from all of us
middlesbrough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I booked this break as a birthday present for the girlfriend and also because we both REALLY needed to unplug for a while and this place most certainly fit the bill.

I was quite apprehensive arriving and seeing some of the other resorts around sharm but from the second you enter and (especially at night) are hit by the displays along the rather long drive to reception all fears are dispelled.

As this was a little bit of a treat, we upgraded to a Junior suite and were given a room fairly close to the Arena bar which is the main area for the animation teams nightly entertainment. This turned out to not be too much of a problem though - volume levels weren't huge and the shows finished at 11pm each night. The room itself was large, exceptionally clean and with the exception of the bathroom (which looked a little tired in places) very modern too. The Cleaners are around every day with fresh towels and bed linen and (for a couple of £ tip i suspect) leave lovely little sculptures made from towels at the foot of the beds most days.

The resort itself is pretty big and there are a fair few pools to choose from. My only gripe here would be that the best beds (those which keep the sun all day) disappear very early in the morning and I had to turn into one of the leaving my towel brigade to ensure that we had a decent spot! Food is usually very fresh and reasonably varied, Breakfast is pretty basic with a decent continental selection and a small cooked option, with the upgrade we were told that we could take breakfast at the fisherman's but in the end chose to eat in the sea breeze instead... purely for that lovely view each morning. The options for food here are endless and even throughout the day most areas that serve food have a chef on hand to either cook to order or to ensure that what is on offer is fresh and nothing runs out.

We would definitely recommend taking some excursions if they are offered.. especially sinai by starlight and the vip red sea cruise.. seeing all of that life and the coral glowing in the sun just feet below me was the highlight of the whole trip... If you're a bit adventurous then quad bikes are excellent fun too.

now for the not so good bits:

The shops... all I can say is stick your blinkers on and avoid (unless your idea of a good holiday is paying too much for crap you dont need of course) but the oriental cafe is quite nice and the staff were very friendly too.

I would recommend an upstairs room as catching a gardener perving through our window wasnt exactly what i had in mind and you also avoid the daily bug spray then too.

that really about covers it though and for us, this was by far and away our best holiday so far and i wouldnt have to think twice about returning to this resort.

Room Tip: the lower the number, the closer to reception you will be (but the 2000's are near the arena bar...
Dear Guest,
We wish to take the opportunity and thank you for spending your holiday with us and for your kind comments. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future. Kind Regards from all of us

Been to Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort? Share your experiences!